PDA

View Full Version : Webster Twinfisher in receivership

MickInTheMud
04-10-2010, 06:27 PM
More sad news for the industry.

http://www.marinebusiness.com.au/news/receivers-appointed-to-websters-twinfisher

SV PARTNERS of Sydney has been appointed as receivers/managers to take control of Websters Twinfisher, the iconic Orange (NSW) based aluminium catamaran boat manufacturer.
Despite the announcement, the company said it remains positive and continues to trade under interim management.
Company founders and previous owners Ron and Heather Webster have been appointed by the receiver to operate the company while new owners are being sought to purchase the entire company as a going concern.
Ron and Heather Webster have vast experience in the design and manufacture of Websters Twinfisher boats. The company was sold by the Websters about five years ago.
During the current period of interim management, Websters Twinfisher will continue production with Ron Webster personally overseeing the manufacturing and production process. Existing staff at Websters Twinfisher have been retained to continue production.
SV Partners have ensured that the company will continue to operate as smoothly and seamlessly as is possible.
“Websters Twinfisher is a great product, a brand which is well established and highly respected within the broader boating community,” a spokesperson from SV Partners said.
“We are in the process of preparing the business for sale as a going concern. We are seeking to place the business on the market as soon as possible, and given the strong order book and excellent dealers in the network, we are very positive about the future.”
“We are very positive that this will be a smooth, seamless transition,” the SV Par
SV PARTNERS of Sydney has been appointed as receivers/managers to take control of Websters Twinfisher, the iconic Orange (NSW) based aluminium catamaran boat manufacturer.
Despite the announcement, the company said it remains positive and continues to trade under interim management.
Company founders and previous owners Ron and Heather Webster have been appointed by the receiver to operate the company while new owners are being sought to purchase the entire company as a going concern.
Ron and Heather Webster have vast experience in the design and manufacture of Websters Twinfisher boats. The company was sold by the Websters about five years ago.
During the current period of interim management, Websters Twinfisher will continue production with Ron Webster personally overseeing the manufacturing and production process. Existing staff at Websters Twinfisher have been retained to continue production.
SV Partners have ensured that the company will continue to operate as smoothly and seamlessly as is possible.
“Websters Twinfisher is a great product, a brand which is well established and highly respected within the broader boating community,” a spokesperson from SV Partners said.
“We are in the process of preparing the business for sale as a going concern. We are seeking to place the business on the market as soon as possible, and given the strong order book and excellent dealers in the network, we are very positive about the future.”
“We are very positive that this will be a smooth, seamless transition,” the SV Partners spokesperson said.
“We anticipate there will be minimal inconvenience to Websters Twinfisher customers.”
Prior to the Receivers taking control, the company DKSMale Pty Ltd, trading as Websters Twinfisher was the owner of the brand and the company. DKSMale Pty Ltd no longer has any involvement with the Websters Twinfisher company, nor the day to day production operation.tners spokesperson said.
“We anticipate there will be minimal inconvenience to Websters Twinfisher customers.”
Prior to the Receivers taking control, the company DKSMale Pty Ltd, trading as Websters Twinfisher was the owner of the brand and the company. DKSMale Pty Ltd no longer has any involvement with the Websters Twinfisher company, nor the day to day production operation.

Cheers Mick.

nigelr
04-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Best of luck folks. I always dreamed of a 5.2 cuddy, such a great fishing boat.
Sincerely hope they can pull through.

Big Sam
04-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Bloody disappointing that.... I have number 37 off their production line. Would like to upgrade to the big basspro boat in the future.

I hope they turn the business around because it is a fantastic product.

LOL I have a photo of my webster 3.8 doing a lap of bathurst on the way home.

cheers Sam

stickhead
07-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I have a 5.2 C/C on order at the moment. Nearly fell over when i heard the news. I have been assured that all current orders are being honoured, and that quality will be the same. Hope this is true as i was so looking forward to my new boat.

Regards,

TREVELLY
07-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Still recon they could have made 6m to 6.5m offshore models x 2.4m wide with a big single motor - would have been awesome in a genuine centre cab.

Hope they keep going in one way or another and build some bigger models to expand their appeal to the more serious blue water anglers.