PDA

View Full Version : yamaha engine electrics guru

trueblue
04-10-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm chasing a guru who can test all components of the engine alarms system to find the bit that is playing up

looking for testing to find the problem, as opposed to a mechanic just changing every bit till the engine stops misbehaving

who is the guru in Brisbane, north or south

cheers

Mick

camboy
04-10-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm chasing a guru who can test all components of the engine alarms system to find the bit that is playing up

looking for testing to find the problem, as opposed to a mechanic just changing every bit till the engine stops misbehaving

who is the guru in Brisbane, north or south

cheers

Mick

Try Paul at Yatala Yamaha, I have found him very good in the past with all things Yamaha.

Cheers,
Camboy

Spectre
04-10-2010, 01:38 PM
G'day Mick

Have u tried Jeffers Motorsport Marine at Burpengary.
Many happy customers from all reports & they are on your side of town !!

Cheers
Phil

Noelm
05-10-2010, 07:17 AM
a bit more info might help, what sort of alarm are you getting? as a general rule, Yamaha electrics are very very good.

trueblue
05-10-2010, 07:23 AM
random engine alarm that puts the engine into limp mode with no indication of what the problem was

shut down engine and it will restart after a minute with no issue, maybe will go minutes, hours or days till the next time it happens

been chasing this problem for quite a while now

Noelm
05-10-2010, 07:30 AM
what model engine? it will be very hard to fine that sort of issue without it happening while the unit is being tested.

trueblue
05-10-2010, 10:48 AM
130 hp salt water series 2 stroke

agreed, very hard to find the fault............

got a tip yesterday though, hopefully onto something