PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to take an Old Fella Fishing - Lives Oxley - Willing to Drive - Day Trip.

samsnap
30-09-2010, 09:01 AM
It's Dads Birthday tomorrow & he's rounding 80;D & has spent his whole life fishing - but after prolonged hospital stays recently he hasn't been out fishing for ages & can't go boating as such - so can anyone suggest anywhere I can take him to fish off the bank -he lives in the Oxley area (Brisbane QLD) - but I will pick him up & go for an "adventure"::) for the day, so I can drive "N E S W" within reason. I know the Brisbane River is just behind him but is there really anything in there these days?? or more to the point can an old fella get in & out of the bank area?? ( I can hear him now - "I'm not bloody useless you know!!"
Anyway I have brought him a new flash rod & tackle box (knew that yellow bucket from the boat show would come in handy;) ) and though a few hours spent fishing would do him more good than harm - if a) I don't get lost & b) one of us dosen't fall in;D .

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
Sammy & Daddy + 1 Granddaughter xx

lethal098
30-09-2010, 11:46 AM
what about one of the fish farms? usually a guaranteed fish from them. Easy access and usually some nice areas for a picnic lunch.

Cheers Lee

Marlin_Mike
30-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Havent been there but heard the fish farm at Bli Bli is good.

Or try off one of the jetties.... Wello Pt, Shorncliffe, Margate,

hakuna
30-09-2010, 12:07 PM
what about one of the fish farms? usually a guaranteed fish from them. Easy access and usually some nice areas for a picnic lunch.

Cheers Lee

one near Cedar Creek/ Tambourine Mountain, Just south of Beenleigh

Suppose to be good

cheers

samsnap
30-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Hakuna - Fish farm sounds good - will google it now - since we are already on the southside"ish" area - ta xx
Mike - Wello point - never been there - any suggestions to where exactly (I'm a Northside girl with really bad nav skills!!!) :)
2 women - 1 old Poppy - oh dear!
Thanks everyone x

sleepygreg
30-09-2010, 11:40 PM
You could try the banks along the road to Nudgee beach....park real close to the water, picnic tables and shelters nearby.....its the area im thinking of taking my 85yo uncle to to get his 'fix' of fishing during his 'escape' from the nursing home.