PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Douglas, The Wild and Dangerous Kimberly

4x4frog
29-09-2010, 10:35 PM
WOW, what a spectacular part of the world. Posthumous congratulations to you Malcolm,excellent television.
Purely Heavenly.

My only question, where in the heck do you spend eternity if that was your lot on earth?

RIP Malcolm.

Kind of sad watching the closing credits and footage, knowing that would be the last film he shot.

plastix4me
29-09-2010, 11:30 PM
yeah, top bloke. he is true adventurer, no flash gear, not trying to flog you the latest lure or rod. His four legged best mate was with him in nearly every scene of that doco and i'm sure he was by his side at the end too. :(

I reckon Malcolm would say the big sky doesn't even compare to the Kimberley's ;D

charleville
30-09-2010, 12:05 AM
I tuned in late and now want to find out how I can see the whole film. It was terrific TV.

Dezzer
30-09-2010, 04:52 AM
Always has been unique film by a bloke who has an uncanny ability to plant a hook in himself.

Scalem
30-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Its yet another tradgic end to an Australian icon, only this time he avoided meeting his end in the environment he filmed.

It will be a long time before I cook a camp oven meal around the campfire, without a pause and reflexion of all his adventures I saw on TV.

Rest in Peace 'ol mate!

Scalem

4x4frog
30-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Reflectiong now, I remember him saying in the doco the place where the tide was absolutly rushing and there were all those eddys and the 25kn winds was somewhere he always wanted to try. Well, he can have that one to himself, way too scary for this whimp.:o

finga
30-09-2010, 07:06 AM
I tuned in late and now what to find out how I can see the whole film. It was terrific TV.

We taped it as it's well past my nighty nights.
Yep, we still have a VCR ;D
But I still haven't figured out how to programme it :-[
So I have not seen it yet and probably will not get a chance until next week. :-?

Fish_gutz
30-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Top Doco , champion Bloke , hope they put more of his doco`s on telly,
Hey charleville Just copied this of the net....................

Due to an overwhelming response today from viewers, Channel Seven will encore the brand new Malcolm Douglas special The Wild and Dangerous Kimberley Coast on 7TWO next Friday October 1, at 7.30pm.

so hope your out of analogue`s past and into digital`s future with a set top box to enjoy it`s next screening. Cheers Andrew

Peter4
30-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Hmmm...I was a bit more critical than most. While I loved Malcom Douglas and his adventures I found last night's screening greatly lacking in continuity.

It was clear that a whole lot of 'random' footage had been put together to fill the hour. Very repetitive in parts and a quick change in Boondi halfway through before we got back to Boondi number 3 a little later....

Don't get me wrong, the footage was great, the info fantastic and the fishing outrageous - it was just not the complete neat package we usually see (for obvious reasons)...

Anyhoo RIP Malcom...

Regs

Pete

HeadBanger
30-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Hmmm...I was a bit more critical than most. While I loved Malcom Douglas and his adventures I found last night's screening greatly lacking in continuity.

It was clear that a whole lot of 'random' footage had been put together to fill the hour. Very repetitive in parts and a quick change in Boondi halfway through before we got back to Boondi number 3 a little later....

Don't get me wrong, the footage was great, the info fantastic and the fishing outrageous - it was just not the complete neat package we usually see (for obvious reasons)...

Anyhoo RIP Malcom...

Regs

Pete

Could that be because that doco wasn't actually finished before Malcolm passed? I know that in some of his previous documentaries (like Malcolm Douglas In The Bush) it was filmed over a period of a few months, with him going back to his crocodile farm in between. I dunno though.

Some great scenes in it, I especially liked the two cobia over the stingray that almost attacked him.

RIP

charleville
30-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Yep, we still have a VCR ;D
But I still haven't figured out how to programme it :-[
So I have not seen it yet and probably will not get a chance until next week. :-?

I have one of those new fangled hard disk digital recording things but it is a mongrel of a thing in relation to setting the time at which to start recording. I bought a Samsung because the store did not have any Panasonics of the size that I wanted I am never gonna buy a Samsung anything again! (Well maybe not - I have an old Samsung TV that just won't die.)

Jarrah Jack
30-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I have one of those new fangled hard disk digital recording things but it is a mongrel of a thing in relation to setting the time at which to start recording. I bought a Samsung because the store did not have any Panasonics of the size that I wanted I am never gonna buy a Samsung anything again!

If Charlie can't figure it out then it wasn't made to be. Those Koreans have gone where few will venture but I'd like to try one day.:)

Fish_gutz
30-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I am never gonna buy a Samsung anything again! (Well maybe not - I have an old Samsung TV that just won't die.)

I`ll never buy samsung again either.4 dvd players later I now have pioneer and it`s a ripper.

I see the Malcolm Douglas Box set of DVD`s is $1100:o

no it`s not a typo $1100 . crikeys.

Johnny B
30-09-2010, 02:40 PM
I really enjoyed the doco
I couldn't get over the crocs he was catching and he insisted on removing the hook. I would have cut that off about 30 metres from the boat :o

And I was glad his mate let him get out of the way before releasing the swordfish or that could have been really painfull.

RIP a great man

John

squidfingers
30-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Remember watching his doco's as young fella, really inspired me to see that part of the country. He never carried any flash new gear, just the essentials and the basics, really down to earth bloke.

As he called it last night "wait a while" country but who would care!!! Be worse places around to be stuck for a while.

R.I.P. True aussie legend

four_button_arnie
30-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Soo sad, a great Aussie legend and a personal hero of mine, i used to love when he would
catch magical fish on a can of coke or some fluff he had found, bloody awesome

Fish_gutz yer $1100, i was nearly temped last year, but dam its alot of cash.

Josh
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Aunty Jack
30-09-2010, 04:35 PM
RIP Mal you will be missed.

FishHunter
30-09-2010, 06:49 PM
I have some episodes of his tv show and I recorded the movie just have to figure out how to get it off the ps3 and onto the pc.

mustang5
30-09-2010, 10:44 PM
I have the file on PC I taped it. Its about 400mb though but if you would like it pm me and I will send you the download link once I upload it.

I thought it was brilliant, Especially seing a 6m boat almost capsize in a whirly. Sketchy stuff.

Its amazing the danger these guys put themselves into only to be lost so tragically.

RIP.

Defore
01-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Loved the doco, will miss not seeing anymore.

Couldn't help but laugh when he got scared by the stingray heading towards him. He will unhook sharks and crocodiles, but then panic over a stingray.
Those things as just curious and the worse it would have done was to swim over and around him. It is the barb that is dangerous and only when the stingray feels threatened.

RIP Malcolm you will be missed.

plastix4me
01-10-2010, 06:21 PM
There's a replay of the doco on 7 Two tonight at 7:30pm. I'm gonna watch it again :)