PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha props getting cheaper

matt fraser
20-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Just letting yammy owners know that props prices have dropped significantly.

As a boatie, I'm great at finding rockbars, or shortening the lives of my props through all sorts of methods. Hence I've never bothered going stainless.

Last week I dropped into Stones Corner Marine to pick up a new 11 3/8 x 12 for my F60 and was very pleasantly surprised to find it was only $130. Nearly got a second for a back up.

Apparently they have dropped across the range...

I don't know about other brands, but its always nice to save a few bucks. Now if only the new F70 would drop in price like that........

Cheers,

Matt

bearessentials
20-09-2010, 03:27 PM
yeah they are cheap... i am buying after market though, as the yammie props dont have enough cup for my setup.. would be nice to compare an old yammie prop to a new one, as to the quality..

geoffmck
19-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Is there anywhere on line to buy the Yamaha props? Those prices are cheap as. I am in Victoria and everything boating seems dearer down here :-(

NAGG
19-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Thanks Matt

I need a new one too ....... just need to find out the best size to improve my holeshot on the F60

Chris

Noelm
19-11-2010, 08:01 AM
props seem to be another one of the "rip off" items in boating, I have been shopping for some stainless props, and the Mercury ones are half the price of some of the others, I very much doubt that Mercury props are so much more inferior to other makes ,in fact quite the oposite exists ,Merc make some very good props! Compared to some makes, they are less than half price.

Sea-Dog
20-11-2010, 07:11 AM
... Last week I dropped into Stones Corner Marine to pick up a new 11 3/8 x 12 for my F60 and was very pleasantly surprised to find it was only $130. Nearly got a second for a back up...
Cheers,

Matt

Hey Matt, I also run an F60. Mine's on a 4.8M tinnie, I'm running a 12" pitch prop and I'm only getting 26 Knots top speed out of it at max revs.

What sort of revs and speed are you getting from yours, and what type of boat do you have?

I'm fitting a tacho to mine this weekend to see where my revs are at since at top speed - my throttle position is only a whisker over half way.

Cheers, Ross.

DOGFIGHT
20-11-2010, 07:50 AM
props seem to be another one of the "rip off" items in boating, I have been shopping for some stainless props, and the Mercury ones are half the price of some of the others, I very much doubt that Mercury props are so much more inferior to other makes ,in fact quite the oposite exists ,Merc make some very good props! Compared to some makes, they are less than half price.

Most larger merc props are about $1200 plus, Rev4 enertia and so on, merc have to be one of the most advanced prop makers out there there pitch and rake are just about spot on, some other well known props out there are out of wack by 1 or 2p size get the motor propped right they are not a rip off there is a hell of alot more involved to props than one thinks, why spend huge $$$ on an outboard and not worry about the fine tune, you really don;nt want to start looking at racing props

Steeler
20-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Merc props are only exy here in Oz,plenty of US sites with secure payment options in the event of a non received item inc shipping for half the price.

Great Lakes Skipper has High Fives as an example for around the $600.00 mark delivered.