PDA

View Full Version : Secure 4x4 and Trailer parking, Airlie Beach

Blackened
20-09-2010, 10:41 AM
G'day

May be heading to Airlie and the whitsundays in January, I'll be island hopping in the boat, can anyone provide me details on secure parking in airlie for a few days and nights?

I'm aware of secure car parking at shute harbor, prefer not to use them. Meridian Marinas have nothing available.

Any ideas?

Dave

snodger 08
20-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Hi Dave,
Address below. I called them up about xmas holidays and they saud they were full for ages long term. They may be able to suggest where else to go tho.
www.boatel.com.au (http://www.boatel.com.au)

Cheers
Steve

Jarrah Jack
20-09-2010, 12:34 PM
I'd also be trying the caravan parks It works for me in other places.

CT
21-09-2010, 10:29 AM
I used the Shute mob last time we took our own boat. Your not a fan of them?

We rented a yatch at easter and the charter mob arranged the secure parking for me, so I have no idea who it was with. Maybe give them a call and see who they use. Whitsunday Escape charters, Abel Point Marina.

Cheers
Craig

Blackened
21-09-2010, 12:16 PM
G'day

With the shute harbour secure parking, no opinion on these particular ones but on the company as a whole I do. For 3 days parking the quote was about $150, and I may be island hopping for an indefinite amount of time, in my boat.

I was in Sydney last october, using the secure carpark in the inner city and my 4x4 was broken into, bags stolen and trashed. They couldn't give a rip, handled it pretty poorly IMO.

Dave

CT
21-09-2010, 03:03 PM
That sucks all round.

The other thing with the Shute joint was that I had to leave the trailer in a seperate spot and could only chain the wheels through the frame to stop it being pinched. No fence or anything. It was a spot off to the side of the parking building itself. This was back in 00 though, so much could have changed.

Didn't look at shute this year, but Abel Point has just about everything including on water fuel. Couldn't get anything at Shute back in the day and nowhere to pull the boat up to while you went and got the car unless you liked rocks or concrete.

Maybe one of the yatch clubs?

Cheers
Craig

Blackened
21-09-2010, 03:45 PM
G'day

I had phoned Meridian at Abel point, and nothing... I may also try the little yacht club around the corner there where the markets are held.

Dave

jerson
21-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Is there a storage warehouse site up there. I leave mine at Storage Choice at alex all the time.

Jerson

Chimo
21-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi Dave

PM sent, all good.

Cheers
Chimo