PDA

View Full Version : It"s nearly that time again

jighead
18-09-2010, 07:41 PM
I know I may be jumping the gun here a little , but tonight at dinner the family discussion turned to CHRISTMAS!!! (god already) anyhow just wanted to know if anybody has given much thought to their Xmas wish list?. Told the wife and kids I want a day out with a guide to brush up on my lure fishing in the estuaries . Can anybody recommend a guide on the Sunny coast ?

Cheers Mal

jason p
18-09-2010, 08:39 PM
xmas talk already! man is it coming to that time off year agian:-? . buy the time it gets here im al xmased out.

gr hilly
18-09-2010, 09:12 PM
yes the mrs asked me if we were getting any Christmas trees in this year only last week,i cant believe its here again so quick,and no i,m not getting any in.
Hilly

snodger 08
18-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Dont know a guide Mal, but we have had the fishing trip at xmas planned for a couple of months.
Wish list: New drawstring cast net (Ordered)
new anchor and anchor rope.

HeadBanger
19-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Wish list: Phlueger Trion 2-4kg.
My first bull shark
A 'not legal' (over 70cm) flathead on a plastic

Other than fishing gear, I've been saving up all year to buy a new guitar, so hopefully I should have enough to treat myself to an early Christmas present sometime soon.

Cheers,
Kaidon

samsnap
23-09-2010, 10:35 AM
94 days to go!!!!! (sorry!)
Planning a "fishing getaway" - tropical NQ - feel free to PM me your ideas - family friendly (10yo daughter) maybe an island, ok for cabin parks, charter recommends , tinny hire etc- something to point me in the right direction northern members please - plan to drive up from Brisvagas - not keen on towing a 6.5m boat - bit chicken :(
LOVE THE FAT MAN IN RED!!!! BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
Ta Sammy xxx

TheRealAndy
23-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Damn I hate christmas. Only good thing about it is the lunch the wifes family puts on. Time to pull on my grumpy boots I guess, bah humbug.

Noelm
23-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Christmas dinner is always at my place, over 30 Family members all turn up, eat our stuff, drink our grog and p!ss off without helping with the cleaning up, in between there is the family fights and brothers and sisters all into each other about god knows what, I'm with Andy, BAH HUMBUG! f##k (f@k) Santa!

PinHead
23-09-2010, 02:05 PM
I HATE Xmas day.

Dezzer
23-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Wish list: Phlueger Trion 2-4kg.
My first bull shark
A 'not legal' (over 70cm) flathead on a plastic

Cheers,
Kaidon

Mate, you'll have to bump that wish up to over 75cm now. Good luck.

finga
23-09-2010, 05:49 PM
We have a secret Santa in our family.
Mum did the draw about a month ago.
There is a $40 limit and it's preferable to make something to give.
Works well except for who ever draws me because I've got everything known to mankind apparently.

But when I was working I hated the Christmas period too.
Too many pushy people who think they're your only client in the world and wanting/insisting on getting a heap of work done and thinking about it a week or 2 before Christmas when they've had all year to get it done.
The bank manager liked it though because my rates/quotes went up (read as doubled) for those pushy buggers.

I think the cook and I will stay at home this year. We just have to decide on which home.
It might have to be Warwick. It's got a chimney for the jolly fat fella to slip down.
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/xmas-tree-070.gif

Eelman
23-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Hey Mal, check out Anglers Advantage. Brian does soft plastic Charters in most of the Sunny Coast Estuaries. Very reasonably priced half and full day tours. He got me into SPs and I've never looked back.
I'm sure Flatzie has been on his charter also.
Cheers,
Ross

HeadBanger
24-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Mate, you'll have to bump that wish up to over 75cm now. Good luck.

Hahaha, that's alright, I guess it just means more time on the water.

Cheers,
Kaidon

Skippy_
24-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Going to be in Taylors for chrissie with all the family. Already got 2 new outfits this year but hopefully getting something heavy as well to haul in a few chopper;D

Luc
24-09-2010, 03:22 PM
The only good thing about Xmas is the family get together and the time off.

The whole present thing is simply an excuse for a spend fest .

Xmas eve, Xmas day and New Year's day are great times to be on the water cause almost no one else is.

Luc

legsy11
29-09-2010, 05:32 PM
fitzy does estuary charters in the noosa river,maybe he does some a little further south as well.