PDA

View Full Version : New 6m OMM WA

Show me the fish
18-09-2010, 07:16 AM
We are getting a 6m offshore marine master walk around built at the moment. Attached are a few pics of the build so far. We are getting a 150 suzuki put on it. Hopefully only a few weeks until we take delivery :D Very Exciting

TimiBoy
18-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Lovin' it! I like the transom layout you've got there. Looking forward to more shots as she develops.

Cheers,

Tim

AnthonyL
18-09-2010, 10:47 AM
They make a really nice boat.

Show me the fish
18-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Here are the latest pics of the boat. I have had to post 10 weeks worth of photos at once as we have only just upgraded from dialup internet to wireless internet.

The front section of the seat box pictured is dry storage with tackle locker and the rear section is esky. I have also got a second tackle locker at the back of the boat below the live bait tank.

I will post some more pics soon.

Cheers

DOGFIGHT
18-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Very nice boat being built, bet she will ride great, but one would think a 150 is a tad under powered once full loaded:-? cant wait to see the finished pics

Prowl n Wolf
18-09-2010, 05:00 PM
keep'm com'n, love watch'n the build process.

indy
18-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Very nice boat being built, bet she will ride great, but one would think a 150 is a tad under powered once full loaded:-? cant wait to see the finished pics

I reckon a 150 will be perfect on it i have a 140 suzuki and i get 33 knots out of it on a 6m sportfish so the 150 probably another 10klms again probably get around 70 k's out of it.

Nice looking rig mate keep the pics coming

littlemac
18-09-2010, 10:35 PM
thats sweet work

love the boat

cheers

brett

Show me the fish
19-09-2010, 12:01 PM
I reckon a 150 will be perfect on it i have a 140 suzuki and i get 33 knots out of it on a 6m sportfish so the 150 probably another 10klms again probably get around 70 k's out of it.

Nice looking rig mate keep the pics coming

Cheers Mate,

I think the 140 would have been ok too but may have struggled a bit when fully loaded so i opted to spend the bit extra and go the 150hp. Hopefully i will be able to get 70km/h out of her as you suggest.

brettcollo
21-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Great pics! Thanks for sharing them. I am hoping to order the very same rig from Jason in the near future, so I will be watching this thread very closely...

Can I ask what mods from standard you have requested? The extra rails on the front are a great idea and it looks like you have changed the transom a bit also.

Fantastic looking rig! Cant wait to see more pics ;D

Cheers
Bretto

Show me the fish
22-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Great pics! Thanks for sharing them. I am hoping to order the very same rig from Jason in the near future, so I will be watching this thread very closely...

Can I ask what mods from standard you have requested? The extra rails on the front are a great idea and it looks like you have changed the transom a bit also.

Fantastic looking rig! Cant wait to see more pics ;D

Cheers
Bretto

G'day Bretto, that is good to hear, we looked at plenty of boats and couldn't go past the OMM. We are glad we did as we are very happy with everything so far.

We got the following from standard:
1. Lean rails up the front - to make it more comfortable when fishing up the front.
2. Anchor tube - i am not sure if i will need it but i got it just in case
3. 2 tackle lockers - one in the dry storage section of the seat box & the other at the back of the boat under the live well.
4. A removable 4 way upright rod holder that can be mounted on either side of the boat. I got this as a way of storing some rods when towing the boat or even when out on the water and moving between spots. It is mounted with wings nuts so it can be removed altogether when fishing.
5. A couple of mounting holes on the port side of the boat so the bait board can be moved from the back of the boat to the side so it is out of the way if fishing out the back.
6. Some brackets mounted in the storage pockets on either side. LHS to mount some horizontal rod racks & RHS to mound gaff & net.
7. CD/MP3 Player
8. Lockable glove box in dash.
9. NMEA2000 interface from Suzuki to our Garmin GPS

The transom changed a bit because to fit the tackle locker at the back both batteries end up being under the access door. This means the battery compartment under the access door is a bit deeper than normal but i think it works well as the access door ends up being flush with the back section of the boat. We also got the cabin length stretched a bit to 1950mm (longest point) to make it a bit easier to sleep in.

Attached are a few more pics. The colour is going on today so i have should have a few more pics to post soon.

Fishbait
22-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Awesome boat - love the photos. The build is progressing well. Haven't seen the dual rails on the bow before but like the idea as you've said to make it as a lean rail so your more comfortable to fish from. Keep the build photos coming. Cheers, Darren.

brettcollo
22-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Fantastic stuff mate;D

I had a climb over barry's 530 WA here in Townsville. They are the strongest, best finished rig I have ever looked at (seen a few)!

Of interest...just on an impulse I banged the sides of a name brand "plate" boat parked next to barry's OMM and felt it flex and gave a "bell" like tone. Hit the same spot on the OMM and damn near broke my hand....those boats are built SOLID!!!

The OMM I looked at also had the extra front rail. Made a huge difference to lean up against. Felt so much more secure not having to lean so far over the edge. Im a pretty big bloke and it felt very safe even with most of my bodyweight against it.

Show me the fish
23-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Fantastic stuff mate;D

I had a climb over barry's 530 WA here in Townsville. They are the strongest, best finished rig I have ever looked at (seen a few)!

Of interest...just on an impulse I banged the sides of a name brand "plate" boat parked next to barry's OMM and felt it flex and gave a "bell" like tone. Hit the same spot on the OMM and damn near broke my hand....those boats are built SOLID!!!

The OMM I looked at also had the extra front rail. Made a huge difference to lean up against. Felt so much more secure not having to lean so far over the edge. Im a pretty big bloke and it felt very safe even with most of my bodyweight against it.

They certainly are a solid boat. They seem to use slightly heavier aluminium than a lot of other plates that i looked at - 6mm bottom/transom, 4mm side/floors.

I am glad we ended up getting the lean rails on the bow. They will certainly make a big difference when throwing lures up the front. They didn't add much to the price either. I tried standing up the front on one that didn't have them and found i had to lean out quite a bit before my legs touched the rails.

Skusto
23-09-2010, 06:20 AM
there will be a lot of weight 6 mm bottom 200 horses would push it nicely.:P

brettcollo
23-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Whats your BMT tow weight going to end up being?

Show me the fish
23-09-2010, 01:20 PM
OMM 600WA:
Ultra vee hull with 6mm bottoms
Approx towing weight dry 1750kg 150hp (580WA with 140hp 1650kg)
Foam filled hull
Self draining deck

+ trailer weight

Show me the fish
25-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Some more pics.

brettcollo
25-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Looking good mate.:D Are you getting Jason to do the electrical fitout?

bulldogs7
26-09-2010, 09:27 AM
This boat looks great seen them at the brissy boat show love to get one
Mate if you dont mind me asking what will this cost with the extra length Cab etc
are OMM a good builder to deal with how where they with your requests ??

I bet your smiling now !!

thanks scott

Show me the fish
26-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Looking good mate.:D Are you getting Jason to do the electrical fitout?

Cheers Mate,

Yeah Jason is doing the lot. I considered doing the electrical fitout myself but decided to get the complete job done by OMM. At least this way as soon as i pick up the boat it will be ready to go. I bought the sounder & GPS from the Brisbane boat show and dropped them off to Jason to fit.

Show me the fish
26-09-2010, 01:57 PM
This boat looks great seen them at the brissy boat show love to get one
Mate if you dont mind me asking what will this cost with the extra length Cab etc
are OMM a good builder to deal with how where they with your requests ??

I bet your smiling now !!

thanks scott

G'day Scott,

You betcha I'm smiling, should be less than 2 weeks to go! We are also having our 2nd bub in less than 3 weeks then 12 weeks off work ;D (you gotta love long service leave)

The extra cab length and transom layout didn't change the price at all. They seem quite flexible with stuff like that. I think Jason said the cabin on the 580 is normally 1800mm long but this can be increased or reduced depending on preference. The orange boat you would have seen at the boat show had the cabin length reduced to allow more cockpit room. You can get the prices off their website if you look under the "package deals" section. We got the 580WA deluxe upgrade (150Hp suzuki, hull length increased to 600).

The price also includes an option of helm chairs, a single esky/dry storage swinging backrest seat box or a dual seat box. We got the dual seat box with forward facing seat as dry storage and the rear facing as esky. The layout of the internals of the seat box is up to you so you can choose how much esky/dry storage area you want.

I have found OMM great to deal with. Jason has dealt with all my request really well (even when i changed my mind on numerous things). Most of the things i changed are pretty standard but little things like the removable upright rod holders and port side mounting holes for the bait board were no problem at all - basically they will customise it to however you want.

I would highly recommend giving Jason a call, he will be able to email you plenty of pics of previous builds/layouts or even go and give him a visit.

brettcollo
26-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Cheers Mate,

Yeah Jason is doing the lot. I considered doing the electrical fitout myself but decided to get the complete job done by OMM. At least this way as soon as i pick up the boat it will be ready to go. I bought the sounder & GPS from the Brisbane boat show and dropped them off to Jason to fit.

Yeah fair enough too mate. Reason I asked was I am considering doing my own electrical fitout when the time comes. However, I guess it will depend on bottom dollar...
If I could do the fitout for considerably less cost than what Jason would drop from the price, then it is a viable option. However, I am under no ilussions that Jasons team would complete the job much quicker and probably to a better standard overall than I could. He can source parts cheaper than I can, but he has to factor in labour costs (obviously). But would the savings be worth the effort? Unsure...

Only reason Im contemplating this, is after reading about the gremlins CAPT SEAWEED uncovered during fitout of his noble (no reflection on OMM I might add), so doing it myself would give me that "peace of mind" when heading out wide alone. My fitout would be nowhere near as complex as the big noble and I feel capable of doing it right. I fitted out my current boat completely myself and really enjoyed it, however it took a looong time::) but I ended up saving close to 1500 bucks and that was only on a barra boat!

Do you know where Jason runs the looms from transom area to helm? Is it underfloor or along the inside of a gunwale?

From what I saw on barry's boat, Jason uses quality gear ;D But for me, I am picky about things like switch panels/lights etc. Is Jason open to input into these choices?

Show me the fish
27-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah fair enough too mate. Reason I asked was I am considering doing my own electrical fitout when the time comes. However, I guess it will depend on bottom dollar...
If I could do the fitout for considerably less cost than what Jason would drop from the price, then it is a viable option. However, I am under no ilussions that Jasons team would complete the job much quicker and probably to a better standard overall than I could. He can source parts cheaper than I can, but he has to factor in labour costs (obviously). But would the savings be worth the effort? Unsure...

Only reason Im contemplating this, is after reading about the gremlins CAPT SEAWEED uncovered during fitout of his noble (no reflection on OMM I might add), so doing it myself would give me that "peace of mind" when heading out wide alone. My fitout would be nowhere near as complex as the big noble and I feel capable of doing it right. I fitted out my current boat completely myself and really enjoyed it, however it took a looong time::) but I ended up saving close to 1500 bucks and that was only on a barra boat!

Do you know where Jason runs the looms from transom area to helm? Is it underfloor or along the inside of a gunwale?

From what I saw on barry's boat, Jason uses quality gear ;D But for me, I am picky about things like switch panels/lights etc. Is Jason open to input into these choices?

I would have enjoyed doing the electrical fitout myself but thought i am better off just paying the extra cash and doing some extra overtime to pay for it. I also thought at least this way i won't be cutting holes into the dash after it is painted. I would suggest if you are going to do the electrical fitout yourself it may be worth getting Jason to cut any mounting holes you require prior to painting.

The looms run along the inside of the RHS gunwale.

I believe Jason would be happy to install any switch panels/lights etc that you would want.

Cheers

brettcollo
28-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah good point mate.

If I go it alone with the fitout, it might be worth asking Jason to source the switches/lights/distribution boards etc for me and have him dummy fit them so Im not cutting holes in beautiful new paint. Then I get the fun and time consuming (read $$$) part of running and terminating all the cabling. Having a direct tube running along the underside of the gunwales from transom to helm will make life easier than underfloor cables :)

Show me the fish
30-09-2010, 05:35 PM
A few more pics.

Getting closer!

littlemac
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
looking good, and getting closer by the minute. thats a nice cod as well

cheers

brett

Show me the fish
02-10-2010, 08:26 AM
looking good, and getting closer by the minute. thats a nice cod as well

cheers

brett

Cheers mate,

Yeah not long now. I caught the cod in the little tinny on Monday, probably the last trip the 4.3 seajay does before the now boat arrives. I reckon the tinny was trying to tell me not to sell it;D .

Attached a few more pics.

Show me the fish
02-10-2010, 07:47 PM
And some more.

Show me the fish
02-10-2010, 07:49 PM
A couple more

FireFly
02-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Cheers mate,

Yeah not long now. I caught the cod in the little tinny on Monday, probably the last trip the 4.3 seajay does before the now boat arrives. I reckon the tinny was trying to tell me not to sell it;D .

Attached a few more pics.

Don't forget the baby ;D;D;D, it arrives too!! ...I know priorities, priorities!!

Awesome rig mate! I'm drooling looking at the pics. Bet you're loosing sleep now thinking about delivery.

brettcollo
03-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Lookin smicko mate ;D

That seat unit is top notch:D

Show me the fish
06-10-2010, 07:23 PM
OMM 600WA:
Ultra vee hull with 6mm bottoms
Approx towing weight dry 1750kg 150hp (580WA with 140hp 1650kg)
Foam filled hull
Self draining deck

+ trailer weight

My mistake, approx weight 1750kg includes trailer (BMT) - sorry

Show me the fish
06-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Don't forget the baby ;D;D;D, it arrives too!! ...I know priorities, priorities!!

Awesome rig mate! I'm drooling looking at the pics. Bet you're loosing sleep now thinking about delivery.

Yeah i know. I have to be careful when i talk about the due date. I have been caught out referring to the due date of the boat when others think i am referring to bub. As it turns out it looks like both will arrive within a couple of days of each other!

Show me the fish
06-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Lookin smicko mate ;D

That seat unit is top notch:D

Cheers Mate,

I'm glad we decided to go with the seat box. We lose a bit of deck space but at least it will give me plenty of storage room so i won't have crap lying on the floor.

Attached a few more pics, so very close...

littlemac
06-10-2010, 10:58 PM
looks sweet on the water

i bet you cant wait to blood it

cheers

brett

Fishbait
07-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Absolutley love the final fitout - looks perfect. I'd even be doing over-niters in it in the driveway at home. Congrats on a great boat.

Show me the fish
12-10-2010, 05:33 PM
The wait is over. We picked up the new boat on Saturday and had a water test in very ordinary conditions. The boat handled very nicely and i can't wait to try it in better weather. The plan was to take it out on Sunday but thanks to the gale force winds and rain that didn't happen.

We have spent plenty of time on board (in the shed) and are very impressed. The only thing we can complain about is the dodgy weather!

Hopefully the next pics i attach will be of a few fish!

indy
12-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Looks great mate looks like a quality build have you had a chance to see what top speed you got out of her yet?????

Greg P
12-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Nice boat and a bitchin shed. What a haven :o8-)8-)

FISHAWN
12-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Congrats on the new boat, looks sensational - And the shed !

thelump
13-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Now thats a shed. Boat looks pretty good too. One question though. When you are sitting in it watching the footy on the telly on top of the fridge is it close enough to lean over the side to grab a beer?? Or do you need to open with a gaff and net the beer??

Show me the fish
16-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Looks great mate looks like a quality build have you had a chance to see what top speed you got out of her yet?????

Not me personally but the manufacturer got 70km/h (38knots) out of her during a water test. This will get me where i want to go a fair bit quicker than the old tinny did.

Now thats a shed. Boat looks pretty good too. One question though. When you are sitting in it watching the footy on the telly on top of the fridge is it close enough to lean over the side to grab a beer?? Or do you need to open with a gaff and net the beer??

Ha, Ha. Yeah the fridge is too far to reach from the boat. I will just have to plan ahead and move the beers from the fridge to the esky on the boat before the footy starts.;D

bluefin59
16-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Now thats a nice boat its exactly the sort of thing i am after its given me some great ideas thanks mate ...matt