PDA

View Full Version : baitboard

Jarrah Jack
17-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Just put a new baitboard on my HH16r and it got some interest in the electronics section (don't ask why or how) so I thought I would post up some pics. Looked at a number of different boards but they didn't suit the narrow Haines. You know those $800 jobies that are strong but far too wide and expensive for the Haines. The cheaper ones just looked cheap.

I got this for $320 on special at the local tackle store.

Deckie............The frame is 25mm tube and the whole thing is attached to the boat by the posts slipping into those short screwed in rod holder type thingos.

Cheers

deckie
17-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Very nice jack..good size for your rig and tx for the specs. Proof u can get something solid and sweet looking off the rack if u hunt about.

The electronics section is the new all rounder section ;D...when u arnt sure if your work is any good u throw it in there...that way not many get to see it 8-)
Its the twilight zone of the forum i think.

dreemon
19-09-2010, 04:07 PM
One day I'll go for the same baitboard as yours, something good to grab for when the boat rocks & rolls, does it ever get in the way of the engine at full tilt?

while I'm here , here's the b4 and aft pics of my 1984 yam xt250 , seems this thread is the right one to " Hi Jack, "
looked heaps worse when I first picked it up, ( $ 100 and a box of beer) sits on the rear wheel in 2nd pretty well, needs new tyres for rego, Cheers

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/JerahsRainbow/motorbikepic1crop.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/JerahsRainbow/motorbikepic2crop.jpg

nigelr
04-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Dreemon, nice pick-up, owned one of those from new for a few years 'till I got a BMW roadbike.
Was loads of fun and super easy to ride.

Daisy Burnett
04-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Very Nice Jack. I had a similar board on my old boat and it was a bottler. Good luck with it. I notice that the snapper are running in the bays, are you getting any??

Daisy

fishfeeder
05-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy the board (while plastic stuff for cutting on) I would like to replace the one on mine ??

Cheers

Jarrah Jack
05-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Very Nice Jack. I had a similar board on my old boat and it was a bottler. Good luck with it. I notice that the snapper are running in the bays, are you getting any??

Daisy

Hi Daisy...........Keep an eye on this http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=169068 Should answer your questions.

How are you going?

Cheers

deckie
05-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy the board (while plastic stuff for cutting on) I would like to replace the one on mine ??

Cheers
Check the size then check your local $2 shop for premade kitchen cutting boards that might just be ok size or easy to cut to size. Thin polyethelene isnt great but if cheap enough u can often buy them in a batch of 2-4 and just cut up a fresh piece and replace more regulalry. Being a sucker for clean look a new one always look nicer too.
Alternatives include your local butcher surprisingly enough...they use oceans of it and if you already get along well with him he might run a bit thru his bandsaw.

Next and best alternative is the local plastics man who will have all diff thicknesses of poly and can not only cut it up just right, but also fashion anything into it, like bevel out a drain around the edge, bevelled edges, cup holder holes etc. Surprisingly heavy stuff when thick.
Sweet looking board Jack.

Picks of Johhny's new bike just makes u wanna go for a hoon doesnt it.

dreemon
05-11-2010, 07:18 PM
The " sensible half " wants me to get rid of it, says the bikes not dangerous on its own , . . . . only when Im on it, we'll see, but I hate hospitals and broken bits as much as the next, thanks nigelr , now you got me thinking about your pm. . . . . :-?