PDA

View Full Version : Caribeean Reef Runner conversion

tasdevilfisher
15-09-2010, 03:35 PM
HI

I have an old caribeean reef runner hardtop (mid 80's i think there called V213?) It currently is a stern drive and i'm wishing to get rid of that and put an outboard pod on it. The outside of the transom is not flat it is slittly raised where the sterndrive goes through (i assume to give it more strenght) Is there a "bolt on" fibreglass outboard pod available to suit these where all you basically need to do is bolt it on. If so where can you get them from and why sort of price are you looking at for one.

Cheers

bigbrian47
16-09-2010, 06:15 AM
pm "jimbo59" on this forum he does all that kind of work
cheers brian

ozscott
16-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Hi mate - I dont think they were called a V213 - that was a Haines Hunter designation. They are just called a Reef Runner and were 21.5 odd feet long. The big brother is the Crusader - same shape etc just another 2 feet.

I have a mate with a Reefy who just imported a brand new 300hp 350MPI from the states with a leg included and all fitted for around 16k - goes like the clappers. The V8 is what they always needed. Podding works for some hulls and not for others and it depends also on the skill and ability of the person doing the design and fitment of the pod.

I dont know who the best person would be.

Cheers

Spaniard_King
16-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Have a look at this thread http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=122869&highlight=213C+pod

Homer_Jay
16-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi,

Jimbo made the pod for my boat and I am more than happy.

I have attached a couple of pics of the end result.

Cheers

Aaron