PDA

View Full Version : Woodgate - early october

jack0906
13-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I am heading up to Woodgate for a few weeks in early October. can anyone please give me a heads up as to what I can expect to catch.
I will have a small tinny and will also be doing the fishing with kids thing from the beach.
I have been told of the artificial reef not tooo far out from the bowls club, What sort of fishing would be successful on the reef at this time of year.
Thanks in advance for any help.

mangomick
17-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Mate
When I used to live down there the schoolie mackeral would come in really close to the beach in Sept /October.
They used to be good fun catching by trolling drone lures or spoons up and down.
The Arti is about a mile out directly from the boat ramp. it was being built when I was there but I hear it fishes ok. a lot of old cane bin sides went over in the early days whick can grab hold of anchors pretty well
theres a heap of small artificial reefs just out from the beach that was made out of old stoves etc before the country went mad and these can fish ok for small moses and parrot etc
the mackies used to hit up around one mile creek on the northern side of Theodolite Ck.
Tailor used to hit around August but the occaisional ones would be around until early october in the gutter out from North Shore.
Seen the odd cobia caught around taylors reef and pohlmans reef and also spanish mackeral.
Reckon a few big baits out from the Arti reef should pull a few cobes
Should be a few sand crabs around as well. Try a few pots a few hundred metres off the beach