PDA

View Full Version : Squidgy Boof Frogs

devocean
10-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had any success on these? I am hitting up a few billabongs shortly and was going to give them a crack.

hairypunt
10-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey mate i used them at kinchant last year they worked but i still find the good ol stickbait to be the most productive barra topwater i own.
Cheers kyle.

warrior
12-09-2010, 03:58 PM
mate have had brilliant siccess with them on lenthalls ,had a ball last year and this with barra up to 850mm ,they have to be used a little quicker than the horny toads and make sure you click your bail arm over just as the frog is hitting the water,so it starts working straight away if you dont it submerges and you lose at least 3 to 4 mtrs of good working area,aim at least 3mtrs past your target place so they are working at there best in the strike zone good luck here are a couple from summer this year

Moffy
12-09-2010, 07:07 PM
They go alright Devocean. The first time a bow wave materialises behind the frog will have you hooked on them.

Moffy

devocean
15-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks boys

Plasticin
15-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Better options can be found in the form of stanley ribbit bull frogs, Zoom horny toads and Reaction Innovation Trixie Sharks.

Squidgy Boof Frogs are a much, much inferior and more poorly designed counterpart of the aforementioned brands.

Good luck with it.

Johnny B
15-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I just want to put in a vote for the Stanley Ribbit frog, it is a bit smaller than a zoom horny toad or a boof frog (the model that was at the tackle shop where I was - I haven't had a look at the entire range) and it floats (this means that it sinks slowly when you put the worm hook in it) so if you are a little slow flipping the bail arm (which I tend to do every now and again - ie all the time) you can get it to the surface more quickly and it is much better than a boof frog.
Surface frogs are a exciting way to fish :) good luck!!
Cheers
John

devocean
16-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks Boys

I also like thw IAM a KEARU frog - very life like bit the hook design and durability if ordinary.

warrior
16-09-2010, 04:13 PM
men i have had success with most of those brands and agree on the horny toads for getting up on the surface quicker ,am a bit dissapointed with boof frogs as in only getting 4 in the packet for the price ,i make a few placcies myself with a mate and they definatly dont cost $2.50 to make i understand the amount of hands that they pass thru but i still feel we are being ripped by the prices OMO

Johnny B
17-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I am in total agreement with you warrior regarding the cost. I have opened a few packets of soft plastics to be disappointed to find only 1 or 2 swim well.
I am not sure if you are using them already devocean but I find 'hitchhikers' have saved me ripping the nose out of a number of frogs. They are a little wire contraption that screws into the nose of the frog and then attaches to the eye of the hook. Lots of the worm hooks come with them already attached.
Cheers
John

GPB
19-09-2010, 12:32 PM
What is the best action/speed to use on the different 'Frogs' ??

warrior
19-09-2010, 12:54 PM
mate each brand has a different running speed ,i personally cast them out click bail arm over just before it hits the water start winding straight away and slow them down till they tick over nicelyon surface or speed up if they sink you will quickly get a sense on each ones speed