PDA

View Full Version : Where to get window rubber/seals?

Rapson
05-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Just bought a Yalta Weekender 2000 and have found that both windows in the bow are leaking.

Rather than smother the windows with silicone I would prefer to remove the windows and replace the rubber seals as they appear to be quite brittle from the sun.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the rubber? I have looked at Bias and Whitworths with no joy. I'm on the Southern end of the Gold Coast.
Thanks in advance!

Blackened
05-09-2010, 09:32 AM
G'day

Phone Yalta as they're not too far from you, or a marine windows place, see what they have to offer?

Dave

FNQCairns
05-09-2010, 11:41 AM
In another life i used to be in the commercial glass and aluminium trade...the rubber will be one used commercially and often domestically right across Oz. Even your local shower screen mob might have a spool identical or close enough that you can purchase some meter-age from a look through the yellow pages will find you lots of places.

When fitting the rubber use a squirt bottle with water/washing detergent and lay it in upon it's self as much as possible.

Rapson
05-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks for that guys. I will give a couple of local guys a go I have looked up in the Yellow Pages and will post my results here for reference.

Ratman
05-09-2010, 02:25 PM
I have a contact at Clontarf if you need it.

Mick

Rapson
05-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Thanks Mick. If I have no joy down this way I will drop you a PM.

Gon Fishun
05-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Commercial aluminium shop front doors and windows. Domestic window manufacturers eg, Bradnams, G James. etc.;D

oldboot
05-09-2010, 09:01 PM
baring other sources, jacksons foam & vinyl up at raceview ( ipswich) have a very good selection of all sorts of stuff..and they will post or freight.

cheers