PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Mike Buys New Boat

Marlin_Mike
04-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Well it's not new new. There have been rumors around that I may be buying a maroon boat. Well, the rumors are true.

After looking at it, I thought a test drive is in order. The forecast said this morning would be a bit $hytty. Great, ;D will see how she handles a bit of slop. I expected it to be good, due to her deep vee bow, and fibreglass hull. Got to Raby Bay ramp at very very gentleman hour of 10am, met the owner there. Well, far canal, would you look at that.................:o not a ripple on the bay, :-? nothing, nada, zilcho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try getting those conditions when ya going fishing hey...................:P

Off we went, my son had a quick drive first, then had to drop him back to ramp as he had to return to work. ;D

Went on a lap round Peel, great conditions, and not a rod or piece of bait on board. Bit of chop up the eastern side from a NE that stuck its nose in, but boat didnt feel it.

Got back to the ramp, very happy with how she runs, motor is great, jumps out of the hole with ease, power to spare etc etc...........;D 8-) :D

Shook on the deal and done.......I am the proud owner of Webby's boat Fireball. Delivery next weekend. Did I say maroon????????????????? Oh well, they say maroon is the new blue........... so when you see old Fireball scooting round the bay, it won't be Webby, but it's new owner, a happy as a pig in $hyte Marlin Mike. ;D ;D ;D Wont be re-naming her, Fireball she stays. VHF Ch 73 or 27meg Ch 91. See you round on the water - probably blow its arse off for 79 weeks now.......;) :P :-?

Cheers

Marlin Mike

PinHead
04-09-2010, 06:52 PM
well..did you get the GPS marks like I mentioned? LOL

webby
04-09-2010, 11:04 PM
;D I still have it for another week yet Greg, only takes 30 secs to delete what needs to be :-X, or shift them to the nearest sandbanks;D
Yes the old Firetruck has been fully restored, and turned into a Queenslander;D
So now Mike will have to change alliances and become a cane toad.
Bring on the 575 cruisey.
regards

PinHead
05-09-2010, 04:36 AM
have you found a 575 ?

Marlin_Mike
05-09-2010, 06:36 AM
;D I still have it for another week yet Greg, only takes 30 secs to delete what needs to be :-X, or shift them to the nearest sandbanks;D
Yes the old Firetruck has been fully restored, and turned into a Queenslander;D
So now Mike will have to change alliances and become a cane toad.
Bring on the 575 cruisey.
regards

Become a cane toad???????????? Never. Then, 5 in a row does sound nice........:D haha

Mike

Kdog
05-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Gday Mike,

Mate, it`s gunna be six in a row next year!!!http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/Original%20Smilies/cheesy.gif

Lucky_Phill
05-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Fireball, Firetruck, Post Box, all the same.

Did Brian leave the Fish Magnet attached to the hull, Mike ?

575 brian............. ? jeez, ya might even get offshore in that, maybe take Greg off DI and let him catch a Snapper......... yeah right, greg / snapper :)

Good work Mike...........

I;ll be around to inspect it and the house painting when I get back from 1770.

Cheers Phill

PinHead
05-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Fireball, Firetruck, Post Box, all the same.

Did Brian leave the Fish Magnet attached to the hull, Mike ?

575 brian............. ? jeez, ya might even get offshore in that, maybe take Greg off DI and let him catch a Snapper......... yeah right, greg / snapper :)

Good work Mike...........

I;ll be around to inspect it and the house painting when I get back from 1770.

Cheers Phill

since when have those 2 words ever belonged in the same sentence..it won't happen. I have given up on catching one. And if one of them ever did have suicidal tendencies enough to get on my line I think I would have to cut the line..the poor bloody fish must be delusional and deserves some pity.

sid_fishes
05-09-2010, 05:14 PM
come on greg
you know you want one.
ian

Fishbait
05-09-2010, 07:29 PM
How about a photo MM. Would like to see your new pride and joy! Darren

Marlin_Mike
05-09-2010, 08:07 PM
How about a photo MM. Would like to see your new pride and joy! Darren

Unfortunately you will have to wait till next weekend for some pics

Mike

finga
06-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Woohoo. A boat for ME to go fishing in. You beauty. :)

timddo
06-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Woohoo. A boat for ME to go fishing in. You beauty. :)

Don't have high hopes on Mike's boat. Even a little kid can outfish him ;D .

Congrats on the boat, Time to crack a bottle of girly drinks ::)

Marlin_Mike
06-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Don't have high hopes on Mike's boat. Even a little kid can outfish him ;D .

Congrats on the boat, Time to crack a bottle of girly drinks ::)

Gee TIm, ya get outfished by one little kid.,................ just once.....................::) ;D

Oh yeah, I dont drink Tim.....;D ;D You mixed me up with Lucky_Phill I think........:o :P

Mike

honda900
06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Nice one Mike, you and TOL will be ripping around the bay in no time..

HOnda.

Jarrah Jack
06-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Noticed that boat in the classifieds..If you were single it would have to be classed as a chick magnet. They always like Ferrari's and the're red.

Horse
06-09-2010, 08:49 PM
The old girl has been given a new lease on life and is looking great. A bit of cosmetic surgery and she is ready to hit the bay. Some great fish have crossed her decks and there should be many more to come

Marlin_Mike
07-09-2010, 01:44 PM
The old girl has been given a new lease on life and is looking great. A bit of cosmetic surgery and she is ready to hit the bay. Some great fish have crossed her decks and there should be many more to come

I certainly hope so Horse. Wont be through lack of effort thats for sure.;D

Mike

theoldlegend
08-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Would you like me to organise the BREAKA GIRLS for its first run? :o

TOL

Crestcutter
24-09-2010, 08:14 PM
The fire truck even had an all expenses paid stay on Russell Island as well. She gets around like a cross hooker that red beast.

finga
25-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Some great fish have crossed her decks and there should be many more to come

I certainly hope so Horse. Wont be through lack of effort thats for sure.;D

Mike
Don't worry Mike. If she gets out next week-end I'm sure I could drag a grinner or two onboard for you....
Now watch the weather go all pear shaped :'(