PDA

View Full Version : My new Origin 5.5mt C/console

mungindi
04-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Morning,
Thought I would put up a few pictures of my new boat. It's an Origin 5.5mt Axis model C/console. When I first contacted them I had a list of things that I wanted changed from their standard boat. First up was a modified shear line .I have always like a pretty exagerated shear line on the bow of a boat,a 200lt fuel tank. The raised casting deck had to be made a lot bigger as I wanted to overnight on the boat by just rolling out a swag on it.
The centre console unit I had designed by Brett Murrie a young Naval Architect from Brisbane who had designed the same unit for me before on another boat that I had. It is a really practicle design that work's really well with heaps of storage under it plus it looks pretty good . The Targa Top had to fold down reason being where we live there is a low bridge that crosses the river we have to get under when heading out to the ocean. An esky seat that was wide enough for 2 people to comfortabily with a back rest that would allow me to face the front whilst steering or face over the back end if needed for trolling.
Through out the the whole build process Col and Richard kept me up to date with what was happening by sending me progress pictures every couple of days. Which was good as we live 7 hrs away from their workshop and the first time I got to see the boat was when I picked it up.
The 140 Suzuki really gets it up and going.

You read a lot these days about boat builders going under and people being stiched up for their money and boats not getting built on time or not finished to a good standard. All I can say is give Origin Boats a call Col and Richard are excellent people to deal with and will go out of their way to build what you want and build it to a good standard and have it finished when they say they will.

Thank's
Gary

nigelr
04-09-2010, 11:07 AM
What a beautiful vessel! Now for the fun part!
Cheers.

robothefisho
04-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Very nice, looks like it will eat up bar crossings. Like the drive on trailer to.

mungindi
04-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Thank's Fellas,
I really like how the shearline has turned out. The trailer is just a standard Belco I just bought some more spindles and brackets plus some treated pine and Teflon skids and made up the V bunks while the boat was still on the trailer. It took me just on a day to do it myself. Now I just drive straight on and it centres itself into the V bunks straight up. Which makes it really easy as I do a lot of my fishing on my own.
Thank's again for your compliments on it
Gary

Axl
04-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Congrats mungindi very nice rig mate now comes the fun part spilling blood and scales on her.

DOGFIGHT
05-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Very nice Gary, With a high shear line makes them a very dry center console

mungindi
05-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Thank's Everyone,
Your right Dogfight I have always liked a high shear not only for looks plus the little bit of spray protection it can offer and less chance of stuffing the bow, that I think it offers in the right situation . Put that together with the console design, which comes in at just over a metre wide and a bit over a metre high it does make for a pretty dry boat considering it is a C/console. Like any C/Console you will get wet if quatering into a sea with the wind coming the wrong direction just a matter of driving and adjusting to the conditions. On the whole though the boat works well.
Thank's
Gary

Fishbait
05-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Gotta be happy with that - that's awesome. Love that bow as well - very impressive. You'll be very pleased I'm sure - now you can start posting some offshore reports soon hey? Have fun. Cheers, Darren

four_button_arnie
05-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Gary nice work, very capable looking rig! That bad boy would eat up the swell;D
Josh
________
party Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/straight-couples/)

murf
05-09-2010, 09:23 PM
very sweet looking rig Gary

I am jealous

cheers Murf

WOOPI
08-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Great boat Gary, I'm looking at a 5.00 mt C/console with a couple of ideas of my own with Col's help

Cheers
Woopi

cbs
13-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Lookin good Gary.

bluefin59
13-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Great lookingboat a great job by the origin boys , I would like something similar but with a centre cab to give the wife a bit more cover I will have to go and see the boys about that sort of option thanks for the pics they show a great boat ... Matt