PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Sportfish

FANTINE
03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Pacific Sportfish Centre Cab 5.5 or 5.8, does anyone have any coments on them or know of any one who wishes to sell one.

FANTINE

greyfox
04-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Hi Fantine. One of the pro fishos on Fraser (Alwyn Litzow) has one but it's a half cabin (5.8 mtr). It's fitted with twin outboards and word is he is interested in selling. He is getting a bit frail these days and he has a home somewhere between Mulgowie and Laidley (sold most of his Mulgowie farm a few years ago). Locals at Orchid Beach probably have a contact number for him. Be wary of the hulls in a following sea. They can really slide around and scare the hell out of you. Alwyn took his back to factory to get extra strakes welded underneath but I'm still not impressed with them (I've been out in Alwyn's boat and offshore Fraser can really test a hull). Apparently Pacific did some design changes when they bought Sportfish out and the boats were never as good. You don't see the original Sportfish hulls on the market very often and they are usually snapped up pretty quick if they do appear. Nobel bought Pacific out and some owners I've talked to are a bit disappointed with the hulls offshore. If you're determined to get a Pacific, find someone with one who'll take you offshore so you know what you will be getting.

trueblue
04-09-2010, 09:12 AM
my mates 5.8 was constantly getting handrails welded back on - always cracked and recracked....... dunno why

got to have suspension seats in them........

Dean1
06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
My old man had a 5.8m Pacific half cabin it was built in 1987. It measured about 6.1m so a big 5.8m. We repowered it in 1994 with a new 175 Mariner it did about 75 klms/hr wot. I loved this boat it did thump pretty hard but was very solid and stable and didnt have any bad habits beside from the traditional ally banging.

Man we caught some fish in that boat. Its for sale on boatpoint now but i rang him last week coz a mate was half keen he said he was putting it into a boatyard. Firm 25k he wants i think its great buying.

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=8402462

warrigul
09-09-2010, 05:45 AM
fantine,
i own a 1986 19ft pacific with a 700mm flotation pod on her stern.
i have always been bloody proud of her performace.
grey fox is right sea trial any vessel you are gunna of buy.
mate had a sportsfish 5.5 half cab. used to be a bit of handful in following sea.
i have never had any problems with following seas never once tried to broach even if u hit 25nots coming down the front of a big set. you could not fish 2 guys on the same side on that sportsfish yet 3 on one side of mine is fine
the diffrence in ride of a 5.8 compared to a 6.5plus is huge offshore so depends where your main use is going to be. i would go that extra mtr for offshore safety
and going fishing with 3 or more men on board.
i can safely carry 500ltr fuel 60ltr water 200cilos, ice 40cilos bait,(sorry cay does not worc) 3 men and go fishing for three days no worries thats about 1tonne before leaving port.
my boat does everything newer brands do but did not cost $50.000 they are cheap in comparison.
their constuction is why the older ones last soo long 6mm hull 5mm sides.
grab a sledge hammer, go your hardest for ten minutes on the hull then put her the water and go fishing for a couple days offshore, can't do that to many boats
(i'm not serious, but it is true)
andy.
feel free to contact me if you have any more questions

Camhawk88
29-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Next door Neighbour has one he wants to sell.
5.8 or 6.5m- cant remember. Anyway was custom built- 5mm sides 6mm bottom centre cab with twin 90 Hondas. He looks after his gear, trailer in good nick too.
If you want more info pm me.

Cheers,

Rodman
29-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Pacific Sportfish Centre Cab 5.5 or 5.8, does anyone have any coments on them or know of any one who wishes to sell one.

FANTINE

mate if you are prepared to wait then I would suggest you do because if the greens and their labor flunkies have their way those who fish offshore will be selling their boats????????????????????????????
ken

blackrat1
29-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Fished out of mates 6.8 C/C with twins for a couple of years and we all agreed it was one of the scariest boats we had ever fished out of , constantly laying over in a following sea .to the point of no return or so it felt .. Just our experience with them ... i guess thats why they changed the hull design to the super Vs
Regards Vic

nidrac
29-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Fantine,

I own a 1995 5.8 Pacific Sportfish Centre Cab have had it for about 2 years now and also have to agree that when in following swell you have to watch your trim settings and approach to the big ones as it does have a tenancy to lay over a bit but that is easily avoidable. it also helps that up here we don't get as big swell as down south so not a great issue.. we have a 140 Suzuki on ours which is awesome on fuel can do a 130-140km round trip and still get change out of $100 and that's with carrying 220L of fuel, 130L of fresh water 4 blokes and a 220L esky full of ice and fish.

Nidrac.

nippa.j
13-11-2010, 12:25 PM
ive got a 5.8 half cab and happy with it . does lean over a bit but trim tabs are on the list after a chat with a mate who is a pro

Smithy
16-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Vic,

how does your Super V go downsea? I have heard about an early 5.8m one that lays over pretty bad.

Should know after this weekend and the Hervey Bay tournament if we are going to have a good year on the blacks or not. We had a good 3 week run of sails where 100 sails were tagged by our club and also a bit of a blue bite that you might have seen on Kelly's blog. You fishing Cairns with anyone this year?