PDA

View Full Version : 2 Strokes on Inland Waterways

Shane Doyle
01-09-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm looking at buying a tinny to use in Gunbower Creek and Murray River around the Cohuna (Vic) area. I had an email from one dealer who stated that he no longer sells 2 strokes as they are being banned on some inland water bodies. Does anyone know if this is gospel or just goblin dust from a 4 stroke only dealer ?

Jarrah Jack
01-09-2010, 08:50 PM
With the greenies about us you never know what they have in stall. I fish Dartmouth and have not heard a whisper.

May pay to ask the dealer where he got his info and check up. You could also ring the murray water authority and ask the question.

Let us know if you find out anything.

tednted
02-09-2010, 08:10 AM
::) ::) Some dealers tried telling me that 6 yrs ago when I bought my 1st Etec !!! But when I pointed out that the etec had equal to & better than some 4 strokes emission ratings ,then it was acase of öh well thats what we heard " Just another scare campaign
cheers AL

FNQCairns
02-09-2010, 08:59 AM
At least there is some science in the banning of the older versions of 2 stroke motors for environmental reasons in landlocked waterways, in water that overflows it would be harder to justify in any truth....but the truth has not stopped any ban in the past, mere formality with just a signature needed.

oldboot
02-09-2010, 04:28 PM
If the brand that "4 stroke only dealer" represents only makes 4 strokes..you have some idea what is going on.

I am sure those 4 stroke only brands will be hastening the plough on the bans...you can bet on it.

Up here in QLD there are quite a few empoundments that have either bans on outboards perioud, bans two strokes, size limitations of old gen two strokes or any number of variations

If you are realy pesimistic about the future..well ya just have to go electric.

There are at least 2 empoundments within 2 hours drive of here that have total petrol bans.....electric, sail or paddle.

If i was buying a new outboard it would probably be 4 stroke..... but beating up the bans is being a bit dodgy with the truth.

cheers