PDA

View Full Version : Extra shade for Barcrusher

Scott79
24-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Interested to hear about how people have extended the shade on their barcrusher - any 'C' model, just looking for ideas, either custom or factory.
I know the factory does an extension as an option, but I haven't seen one, so any photos would be great.

Thanks,
Scott.

Skusto
24-08-2010, 07:24 PM
there is photos in this thread showing just what u want mate.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=154129

madmackrel
24-08-2010, 07:25 PM
pic attached, does make a big difference8-)
Cheers MM

Scott79
24-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Skusto, good pics in that link thanks mate.
Is yours the factory extension?
I am wondering what the press studs are at the back of the existing structure, I am thinking that maybe the factory one could attach with press studs ??

MyWay
24-08-2010, 11:46 PM
i had two shades on my BC one for familly day and one for fishing

Kevaclone
25-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Mate just picked up a BC 530c($35K) no rocket launchers.......
standing in the boat I was wondering how anyone other than a basket ball player could reach that high
you guys stand on an ice box to put the rods up there?

Skusto
25-08-2010, 05:29 PM
yeah came from the factory with the extension and and i just stand on the side of the boat to grab the rods down just holt onto the hardtop poles.

Scott79
25-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Skusto, I couldn't really see how the extension stays in place from those photos, what holds the tube of the extension in place? Looks like there is a black rubber (?) fitting on the ends of the poles??

Scott.

Skusto
27-08-2010, 06:14 PM
the tube of the canopy do u mean? if so there is a zip up top that holds the canopy to the extension then on the tube is like a plastic clamp that u push down the tube to to stop it sliding in they both work against each other.

Scott79
27-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Yep, that's what I was querying, the plastic stopper inside the tube.
Would love to do something maybe a metre long with some netting underneath to put 4 life jackets. Might sketch something up and get some quotes...

Scott.

frank100
27-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Scot,
Mine is about 1.2X1.2M. Sorry I can't post photo for at least a couple of weeks (holiday starts tomorrow). I used the tubes in the hard top with a clamp arrangement for two short tubes, which have a hinge (canopy fittings) on each of them. The shade is a basic square shape (I bent the tube using a hardwood former about 150mm radius) across the "square" frame two tubes are welded at the same distance apart as the tubes in the hard top, they extend about 200mm past the "square" on the front. where they attach to the hinge. The frame is further supported by struts on both sides which attach to the sqare frame and the tube that holds the hard top. The sides of the frame are bent down at about 45deg. Shade fabric is attached with elastic rope through S/S eyelets (the wife sewed a hem with "piping"(3mm nylon rope) around the outside so the eyelets won't tear out.
Hope this description is usefull & at least partly understandible

Frank

Scott79
01-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks Frank, piccies would be great when you are back on line.

Can someone please tell me the length of the standard BC shade extension?

Thanks,
Scott.

andkat
01-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Here is my shade I had made up for my Surtee's.8-)

Scott79
01-09-2010, 10:16 PM
That looks really good mate.
What length is it? Also, what materials, is it essentially just an aluminium tube 'hoop'? Looks like it would mount the same way as the BC.
Scott.

andkat
05-09-2010, 10:01 PM
That looks really good mate.
What length is it? Also, what materials, is it essentially just an aluminium tube 'hoop'? Looks like it would mount the same way as the BC.
Scott.

Hi Scotty,

Mine is a custom made shelter, it's 1200mm long, made using a SS hoop, as you will see in photo they have sewn in a sunroof so I can get to the rods i the R/Launchers. It is made from marine vinyl. Cost $450.00 8-)
Pretty happy really, my mate has a BC with a factory sunshade, even he reckons his is @#$%. Best $450 I have spent on my Surtees, the next $$$ will be one of Micks Drum winches made here locally in SA.8-)

Cheers
Cawfy

Scott79
05-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks Cawfy, that's given me a good idea for the $$ I would be up for if I go for something custom.

Does anybody know the length and approximate cost for the BC extension?

Thanks,
Scott.