PDA

View Full Version : help with my trim

The-easyrider
21-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi Guys, I was getting the boat ready for an outing tomorrow when I checked the operation of the trim. It would not trim down, the pump was operating but no movement. I checked the fluid level and it was under the min so I topped it up, but still noe movment. It does go down an inch or so and you can here the pump working away. When I hit the up trim it lifts back up the inch or so and sounds fine doing so. It is a mercruiser alpha one leg any idears would be great
Thanks
Aaron

Chimo
22-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Have you got the air out of the system?

If it sits for a while you may find the air will "out" itself and after you add more oil it will work OK.

Let us know what happens.

Cheers
Chimo

The-easyrider
22-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeh I bled the system as best as I could with the leg in the up possie, no change. So I dropped the rams off to see if one would move, but both only moved a fraction, and the leg moved freely. So I put it back together and the young bloke comes out and was quite dishartened when I told him we wont be going out. While he was in the boat I said give it one more try and while he hit the button I stepped onto the leg and away it went good as gold, The young feller and his old man were both pumped. It did not miss a beat all day either.