PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex topenders

thesquidking
21-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi guys,
I would like some feed back from any of you guys who has had any experience with quintrex topender boats.
I am about to sell my 435 quintrex coastrunner to buy a 470 topender with a 60 yammy 4st on the back.
Any feed back at all good or bad would be great.

Regards
Thesquidking

Jarrah Jack
21-08-2010, 06:20 PM
My mate has a side console Stacer about the same size and he wishes it had a 70 four stroke rather than the 60 he has got on now. From a personal point of view I would never buy something from telwater but my mate has had no problems with his.

rodneyk
22-08-2010, 09:59 AM
dont want to start anything but i currently own 490 top ender great boat but its big for what i do m8 has 470 60 4 stroke yam reckon its better because we lure out of it in creeks have owned a few quintrex never broken one but i change a fair bit they definatly ride better into head sea than same size competion im going back to 440 hornet or 450 top ender tiller it will do what i want as i intend to travel a bit up north if your doing bay work you cant beat the bigger boat the older top enders were rated to 70 hp and 80 hp on 480 the new 70 hp yam would be perfect just my opinion though :)

Moffy
22-08-2010, 10:48 AM
brother has a 470 topender (TS) with a 60 4 stroke yammie (tiller) - max rated hp for this hull - goes like a cut snake one up and is still very good loaded. He's in weipa and bought it for its ability to both fish out the front and luring up the creeks.

Don't recall any dramas fishing 3 out of it.

The extra weight etc in side console version (+80kg) might make a difference though - depending what hull you're chasing. Lot more fishing room in the TS!!

Would be able to tell you more in November - 9 full days fishing out of it in Weipa!

split-shot
22-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I have a top ender 4.75 powered by a 50 hp yamaha 4 stroke. Went for the tiller steer, to increase the floor space. Have had no trouble at all. Travels well with two adults, takes a little to get on the plane with three adults. A very dry boat and stable at rest, even when two adults are leaning over the same side. The under floor tank and live bait well and also the kill tank make it a very handy boat for both estuary and bay fishing.If you wish to have a look o want any more info then feel free to pm me

thesquidking
22-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Hi guys thanks for the replys so far.
The new 470 topender is only rated to 60hp max or 120kg on the transom.
Do any of you guys know if its legal the fit a 70hp to the boat even if it weighs less than 120kg?
I want to get the side console version though when i went to have a look at one i had noticed that the console is a far way back on the boat, is there enough room to fish/ troll behind the drivers seat?
Sorry guys for all the questions but i want to make sure that i cover everything before i lay down all the hard earned cash.

Regards
Thesquidking

rodneyk
23-08-2010, 09:21 AM
if youre buying new i think you could ask for console to be moved forward as i think 30cm forward in mine would be better also they may rerate that as it still falls within 120kg but a dealer may shed more light on that but dont get your hopes up cheers rod ;)

Kev_McC
23-08-2010, 08:12 PM
I've had a 450 tiller with F60 for 5 years and it's been great. No problems and I'm yet to fish out of a more versatile boat in it's size. Good in chop, extremely stable for lure casting, plenty of open floor space.
I know of a couple of guys who have cracked them but they also pushed them pretty hard in offshore conditions, ie up to 50-70km out....they're not really supposed to do that.