PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion on this Kevlacat 5.2

Beeracudda
20-08-2010, 11:46 AM
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=8817732

Are there any things I should look for in this age boat, still not sure as original motors so a motor upgrade required so price starts to climb and it will be used inshore as well as I have kids. :-?

Maddac
20-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Well worth getting an independant marine surveyor to look over hull and engines. The bloke I used was fantastic and not that expensive ($350).

julian1
20-08-2010, 01:18 PM
i thought it seemed well priced compared to what they have been fetching, obviously get it checked by a Pro.

Great little/big boat

Kearnsy
20-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Mate they are pretty well built boats , I use to work for them for years doing all of their electrical fitouts . I have sea trialled heaps of them and I can say that they are a solid machine . Definatley get it checked out but if I had the coin I would get one . It seems pretty well priced too !

Flex
21-08-2010, 05:20 AM
I've been looking for one aswell. I believe that boat is actually a tad expensive for what you get. Its been for sale for quite some time

Gal trailer is a very big drawback, most are aluminium. The outboards are underpowered for the boat so you'd probably need new ones. And looks like he's painted white over anitfoul aswell?

Having said that, I've not seen it in person so take my opinions with a grain of salt

Dean1
22-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Its not a stand out buy but with say another 3-4k off its getting close to the right dollars. Those 60's are not too small for that boat plenty came out with those motors on. Just the rebuilt bit i dont like so a repower would be on the cards if travelling far offshore but for what you want you could get away with them especially having 2 motors one will get normally get you home.

Theres been a few older ones around low 30's with no motors on ally trailers so that gives you an idea where their at.

These boats have little timber in them, glass bulkheads, so theres not alot to go wrong.

Good luck with the buy their little tanks these things and you wont lose any money on it. Cheers..

termi
22-08-2010, 03:54 PM
I'd be asking to look at copies of receipts to do with the recon to see exactly what has been done. As dino said the 60 are fine if your not looking to be a rocket ship. I'd also ask for some good close up photos as all the ones one shown are basically of the same thing taken from a distance. The trailer looks a bit :-? from what i can see.
Hey if it all checks out go for it. They are an awsome boat for their size and hold their value well.

Beeracudda
23-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Not sure if he wants to sell it as I arranged to go see the boat on Sat and he was going to txt me the address but nothing :-?

Dean1
23-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Not sure if he wants to sell it as I arranged to go see the boat on Sat and he was going to txt me the address but nothing :-? Call him again mate if your keen texts dont always go thru.

magnum455
23-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Pass that boat on the side of the road every day going to & from work.
Was wondering what they want for it.