PDA

View Full Version : 22/8/10

rosco1974
17-08-2010, 05:55 PM
just looked at the forcast for sunday and although its early in the week looks like its going to be a cracker ....who fishing where....myself i will prob head offshore from straddie or morton thinking maybe square patch or deep tempest ... hope the weather stay's good for us all
cheers rosco

Kdog
17-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi Rosco,

Mate, I definitely will be heading out, be it Saturday or Sunday, not sure yet.

I was going to go via the Pin Bar, weather depending of course.
Anyhow, will stay in touch and see what turns out.

wags on the water
17-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeppoon for meee

PinHead
17-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Wivenhoe Dam

Lucky_Phill
17-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Don't do it Greg........... you know what happens when you say you're going to hit the water............. The Winds will blow..... :) :)

>...

PinHead
18-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Don't do it Greg........... you know what happens when you say you're going to hit the water............. The Winds will blow..... :) :)

>...

Notice..I am going inland..so perhaps the Ocean may be calm..BUT..the following weekend a trip out of Rainbow so don't plan any major trips for that weekend.
When the WWF decide to go for a fish anything is possible.

Scalem
18-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Hi Rosco,

Mate, I definitely will be heading out, be it Saturday or Sunday, not sure yet.

I was going to go via the Pin Bar, weather depending of course.
Anyhow, will stay in touch and see what turns out.

With enough time to vote on Sat I am looking at a fish very closely. Can't fish Sunday, it's the wifes' birthday::) Bring her along you say? Decisions decisions...... I can't fit all the extended family in the boat, there's too many of them on her side;D

Scalem

Kdog
18-08-2010, 08:00 AM
With enough time to vote on Sat I am looking at a fish very closely. Can't fish Sunday, it's the wifes' birthday::) Bring her along you say? Decisions decisions...... I can't fit all the extended family in the boat, there's too many of them on her side;D

Scalem

Mate. Monday also looks the goods,I think you should pull a sicky,:-X I mean to say, after eating all that birthday cake and all.:P

Lucky_Phill
18-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Saturday 8/21

Morning
http://www.buoyweather.com/new/images/greenflag.gif Light winds with a slight chop. Small short period wind waves.
Seas: SW 0.7 meters at 4 sec.
Winds: SW 10 to 13 knots
Afternoon
http://www.buoyweather.com/new/images/greenflag.gif Light and variable winds with smooth seas. Small short period wind waves.
Seas: ESE 0.6 meters at 8 seconds
Winds: SSE 4 to 6 knots
Sunday 8/22

Morning
http://www.buoyweather.com/new/images/greenflag.gif Light winds with a slight chop. Small short period wind waves.
Seas: WSW 0.6 meters at 3 sec.
Winds: SW 7 to 10 knots
Afternoon
http://www.buoyweather.com/new/images/greenflag.gif Light and variable winds with smooth seas. Small short period wind waves.
Seas: ENE 0.4 meters at 8 sec.
Winds: SE 5 to 7 knots
Monday 8/23

Morning
Seas: ENE 0.4 meters at 7 sec.
Winds: S 5 to 6 knots
Afternoon
Seas: E 0.4 meters at 9 sec.
Winds: NE 8 to 11 knots

Lucky_Phill
18-08-2010, 09:35 AM
The above forecast is for Cape Moreton.

Cheers

tropicrows
18-08-2010, 09:53 AM
I will head offshore Sunday from straddie or morton or somewhere in between. Taking out the family so it wont be an early start or a late finish, it will be just good to get out on the water.

Timfishin4fun
18-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Yep will be heading out both days.

Taking the old man sat to the 24's Gold coast and sunday a run thru the pin might be in order.

Timbo

honda900
19-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Yep,

me and Adam_G are in, havent decided SPB or Goldie as yet.. got some new gear to test.. ;)

Regards
HOnda.

rosco1974
19-08-2010, 08:28 PM
still looking good fella's,hope we all get a few

Kdog
19-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Sunday looks good,I might even head out Saturday arvo through the Pin Bar and come back lunch time Sunday if the weather holds true.
Here`s hoping.;D

PinHead
19-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Look at that Phill...bugger all wind forecast for Sunday...looks great for pedalling around Big W on Sunday.

Timfishin4fun
20-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Righto tomorrow morn headed to the 24's off the goldy.

Is anyone goin thru the pin bar on sunday as I will be going out in the morn tide.

Timbo

BayHunter01
20-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Possibly light rain sunday at the gold coast but the wind and swell gods look like they are going to be kind. Probably gonna hit the 24's off the coast and try for a cobe or some snapps.

Kdog
21-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Righto tomorrow morn headed to the 24's off the goldy.

Is anyone goin thru the pin bar on sunday as I will be going out in the morn tide.

Timbo

Gday Timbo,

Mate, myself and my son will be outside the Pin Saturday night:) and we will be heading back in around lunch time Sunday.
Probably catch you out there in the morning hey,I`ll be on VHF 21.
We will be launching from Rudies around 3pm Sat

Lucky_Phill
21-08-2010, 01:59 PM
OK, That's it.

I am at Whyte Island boat ramp at 5.14am Sunday.

I'll be heading NNE for 40 k's, then ENE for a few.

It'll be a family day out, but fishing is on the cards. We expect to see Whales, Dolphins, Turtles, Birds, Snapper in esky and great headlines in the Sunday paper.

Winds are forecast to be very good and I am thinking 90% of Queenslands recreational boats to hit the water. I am taking my video camera for Ramp Rage... Funniest home videos are paying $500 for this stuff.

Good luck to all who venture out.

Cheers Phill

VHF 73.........." ReBait ".

BayHunter01
21-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Never thought of the video camera for that Phil. packing it soon as I get off the PC :)
Heading 24's of goldy tomorrow, have received leave pass :)
Good luck all and tight lines

bballfisho
21-08-2010, 05:40 PM
be out off moolooaba tomorrow somewhere..be hitting 12mile in the tinny unless that SW gets up too much..Anyone think the SW will get up a bit or is it just me?

honda900
21-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Rosco,

decision done, South passage then north tomorrow. see how we go, catch you out there. SPB bar around 6:00.

regards
Honda.

rosco1974
21-08-2010, 06:43 PM
leaving manly around the 5.15 mark heading through the spb prob fish the 35's maybe even go to square patch

adrian johnson
22-08-2010, 05:14 AM
good luck to yous all,leaving the boat at home an headin to moreton for our weekly trip,hope the weather stays true,cheers adrian

tropicrows
23-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Well chaps how did you all go. :P
My adventure was very short lived, left RB at 8.15 am (family hours) and headed straight to SPB. Over the bar (non existent) and to the bait grounds, plenty of show but could not get any. >:( >:(
By this time the wind a sprung up to 12-15 knots >:( and I was listening to channel 21, seemed it was no better out wide >:( . So I thought I'll head back to sevens reef, but my crew (family)were not overly impressed by the conditions so we headed back inside the bar with a convoy of other boats :'( :'( .
After a coffee we headed back to harry and sounded over the newly dropped pipes. In the end we caught 1 flounder ;D and used 58 liters of fuel and did about 92 km.

Gonna regroup and try again next weekend :)

rosco1974
23-08-2010, 04:17 PM
tropicrow's
least u got out.i got up at 4.30 looked at seabreeze and showed 15knt and gusting to 18 knts at the cape so went back to bed,woke up at 8 and hadn't changed much so was glad i didn't go.hopefully this weekend is better
cheers rosco

honda900
23-08-2010, 05:02 PM
We crossed SPB at about 6:00, with 16 other boats around us, Headed to the 29's, wasnt too bad but windy easy 12knots.

Got a few throwbacks on the 29's boats everywhere, thought we would head out to the 35's, got there us an another boat.

did the fist drift for a bunch of undersize pearlies, wen back to the start of the drift, just got the para anchor out, no less than 5 boats turned up beside us.

Decided it wasnt going to happen there, headed wider, the swell was easy 1.2-1.5 out further, got another few undersize fish and decided to call it a day.

Back to the bar and back at manly at 1pm.

weather forecast was a fair bit out.

Regards
Honda.