PDA

View Full Version : epirbs

wayno60
16-08-2010, 05:24 PM
where does everyone have theirs mounted??

Gonzo73
16-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I put mine in easy reach up front close to the dash, as i never travel alone its more accessible for my passenger. if we run into trouble its just a fast grab and activate :D . I always give a run down to any new peeps onboard as to where epirb , fire exstinguisher and first aid gear is before we leave .

BayHunter01
16-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Mine is mounted on side if current console, converting to centre console and will have mounting spot for it so is withing easy reach for anyone on board.

GBC
17-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Mine's not mounted - it's kept in the bail out bag along with all the other life saving devices.

gunna
17-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Mine's not mounted - it's kept in the bail out bag along with all the other life saving devices.

Yep - same for me. Everything in the bail out bag.

QF3 MROCP
17-08-2010, 04:59 PM
[quote=gunna;1197521]Yep - same for me. Everything in the bail out bag.[/quote

Not mine. It's in easy reach of everyone, including the four year old passengers on board. When IT hits the fan... I want everyone to know exactly where it is. I even test mine each time we go out and make sure everyone on board can see how it's tested.

I've also read other threads where if the direct sunlight fades the expiry date on the label, you can be booked for it as you can't prove it is current.