PDA

View Full Version : Protest Rally - Darwin - Territorians Fight Back

Derek Bullock
13-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Not sure how many people here from Darwin but there is a protest rally up here this Sunday.

Gentleman,

As you may know, the Greens are pushing for bans on fishing. Talk is of 30% of Territorial water ways being locked up. They want to ban guns (handguns in particular) and lock you out of National Parks and Reserves.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2010/08/05/169861_ntnews.html

We are staging a rally of boats on trailers to drive up Mitchel St in public protest to this. Even if you dont have a boat, bring your car, ute, jetski or camper trailer along. The more support we have, the more the government will listen. We so far have around 20 or so people participating, but I am expecting around 60 to turn up.

Ill be heading to the boat shops asking for them to bring boats and talking further with Darwin Game Fishing Club, Palmerston Game Fishing Club and Darwin Flyrodders. I will also be inviting SSAA, FGA, DCTC, DPC, Darwin Rifle Club and TEPSL.

Please dont hesitate to spread the word, even copy and paste this and send on to your email list.

The Shooters and Fishers Party will be supporting this rally and we are talking with Nigel Scullion, who has an in depth knowledge on all things fishing. We hope you can attend and show your support for your Fishing Rights.

We look forward to seeing you there.

10am - Sunday - Mindil Beach

cormorant
13-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Should be one in every major town and city and the media and media releases should be coordinated.

People who respect and enjoy the outdoors are about to be bent over big time

About time the boat industry , tackle industry, tourism industry and any coastal or camping town realise what they are about to lose permanently.

Anyone who votes labor or greens is a absolute idiot as you will never fish or enjoy the outdoors again and nor will your children.

See where your vote goes and vote in the senate below the line to make sure your vote counts. This site show all the preference deals.

https://www.belowtheline.org.au/

TimiBoy
13-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Too far for me, but I'm there in spirit!!!

Cheers,

Tim

therapy
13-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Here in Metro Brisbane the same scenario and we couldn't get more than 20 odd boat's and 200 people!?!?!? Good luck in N.T. The greens are coming and we fisherman organise a rally but if the weather's good everyone go's fishing! Might as well while you can before the green lobby shut's down 30% of your ground's. I hope you get a massive turn out, I really do but........

Cheers.....Terry.....

PinHead
14-08-2010, 04:13 PM
well said Terry..and oh so true.

I sitll reckon...couple of hundred boats fishing in the green zones ..with some placards stating we want the estuaries cleaned up first..contact the media and then wait to be fined. Don't pay the fines and see what the Courts do about it..my tip..request the Govt drop the situation as it would clutter them beyond belief.

BUT..no chance of getting that many prepared to go along with it.

Angla
15-08-2010, 09:11 PM
well said Terry..and oh so true.

I sitll reckon...couple of hundred boats fishing in the green zones ..with some placards stating we want the estuaries cleaned up first..contact the media and then wait to be fined. Don't pay the fines and see what the Courts do about it..my tip..request the Govt drop the situation as it would clutter them beyond belief.

BUT..no chance of getting that many prepared to go along with it.

I reckon if you invited a fisherman to a rally, he would not turn up based on the weather and his lack of interest. But if you invite a fisherman to go fishing then I reckon your on to something and they would turn out. Weather permitting of course.

Cheers
Chris