PDA

View Full Version : My First Yak - Emotion Stealth Angler

Eelman
05-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi all. After having my kayak on layby at Anaconda for a few months, I finally got to pick it up today. When I went to pick up mine, which was meant to be the mustard colour, I noticed that they had another one in the Olive Green colour, which is the one I wanted all along. They agreed to swap colours for me, which was fantastic!
Got pics already, and looking forward to hitting the Pumicstone Passage, Ewan Maddock Dam, and other spots from Maroochy River to bottom of Bribie. I can't wait, and I'm so excited!

LostNearBribie
05-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Congrats mate always nice to get new toys.
Why two paddles???
Is this your first yak?

Eelman
05-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah, my very first yak. 2 paddles cause they must have thrown another one in for me for free. Will only take one out with me though. I just put them there as a storage place. Now I have to look at fitting it out with the basics at least.
Cheers,
Ross

Blueroo
06-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Good on you Ross. Congrats.
Now for the fun part. Fitting her out.
Make sure the first thing you either buy or make is a tether for one of the paddles.
Cheers
Stue

Eelman
08-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Good on you Ross. Congrats.
Now for the fun part. Fitting her out.
Make sure the first thing you either buy or make is a tether for one of the paddles.
Cheers
Stue

Thanks for the advice Stue, will definitely get one post haste. Will also check out the other fitted out yaks on this site and other sites and get ideas. Got an idea for an old trailer that I have here also.
Cheers,
Ross

Blueroo
09-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Thats great Ross. My wife and I started out using normal kayak pfd's but found they are a bit bulky and get in the way a bit. We wound up getting a couple of blow up type pfd's. Best thing we ever did. They don't get in the way or ride up your back. Just got to be careful not to get holes in them.
;)
The trailer sounds like a great idea.
Cheers
Stue

Eelman
10-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Thats great Ross. My wife and I started out using normal kayak pfd's but found they are a bit bulky and get in the way a bit. We wound up getting a couple of blow up type pfd's. Best thing we ever did. They don't get in the way or ride up your back. Just got to be careful not to get holes in them.
;)
The trailer sounds like a great idea.
Cheers
Stue

I was thinking that if you're in trouble you might not have enough breath to blow up the pfd! Just kidding. I have a couple of the horseshoe shape ones that you manually inflate.
The missus now wonders why we didn't get one years ago! She says she's addicted. Next step might be to sell the beloved Quintrex Hornet Trophy!

Blueroo
11-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Gee mate, Id be hanging on to that hornet. Yaks are great but so are hornets.;D
stue

PinHead
12-08-2010, 08:24 PM
good onya..another tip...see if you can get back on it in deep water ..not as easy as you may think but definitely worth making sure you can do it.