PDA

View Full Version : mobile outboard mech in melbourne

cobia
04-08-2010, 06:33 AM
hi blokes.

im buying a 2nd hand motor from melbourne soon and i wouldnt mind getting it checked over by a mechanic down that way. im from brisbane so its not easy for me to get down there to check it myself

im guessing a mobile mechanic would be the best way to go about it.

does anybody know a good one from down there?or might even have a mate who'se a outboard mechanic for a dealer that might do it (even if it means some cash on the side for him)

thanks cobes

p.s-its a 50hp mercury 2stroke

mattij2005
04-08-2010, 08:25 AM
hey cobia

i'm from melbourne, well west of melb, whereabouts is the motor, i'm not a mechanic but i might be able to go have a look at it for you. Not sure if someone would like my takin plugs out and stuff to do a comp check but if he's happy with it....if not the mechanic i use is ash mciver from get wet marine on 0416 644 151.

cheers

matti

Jarrah Jack
04-08-2010, 11:43 AM
What part of melbourne, if its South East suburbs then I should be able to give you a number.

cobia
04-08-2010, 08:18 PM
im pretty sure he's near epping. i dont know where that is?i hope thats near it

mattj if i cant find anyone then i might take you up on your offer

HH565L
07-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Best mobile mechanic in Melbourne is Al from AJL Marine. He also does pre-purchase boat inspections so getting him out to check an outboard should be no problem.

Al can be reached on mobile 0407 811 671.

PS: Epping is a northern suburb of Melbourne approx 25km from the CBD.

If Al is too busy, there are also 2 marine mechanics in the area (Thomastown, approx 5kms from Epping) but I'm not sure they do any on site work. They are Ange at Apex Marine (03) 9464 6665 and Mark at Triple M (MMM?) Marine. Unfortunately I cant help you with Marks number.

John Buoy
08-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Best mobile mechanic in Melbourne is Al from AJL Marine. He also does pre-purchase boat inspections so getting him out to check an outboard should be no problem.

Al can be reached on mobile 0407 811 671.

PS: Epping is a northern suburb of Melbourne approx 25km from the CBD.

If Al is too busy, there are also 2 marine mechanics in the area (Thomastown, approx 5kms from Epping) but I'm not sure they do any on site work. They are Ange at Apex Marine (03) 9464 6665 and Mark at Triple M (MMM?) Marine. Unfortunately I cant help you with Marks number.
Ditto to the above Re AJL ;)