PDA

View Full Version : blue fin boats

jameshallam
02-08-2010, 08:31 PM
hey guys just ordered a blue fin estuary trekker i ve been told 10 to 12 weeks till delivery have any other blue fin owners gotten there boats earlier than that cheers james

Seahorse
02-08-2010, 08:45 PM
12 weeks, thats a joke.
go have a look at seajay

sleepygreg
02-08-2010, 09:37 PM
My preference would be to wait the 12 weeks for the bluefin than get a seajay. Not saying seajay arent good boats, but would prefer a bluefin.

Member101
02-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Go the bluefin for sure.

Steve

marty+jojo
03-08-2010, 08:11 PM
12 weeks, thats a joke.
go have a look at seajay

Worth the wait for a quality boat, far better than a seajay. Don't be surprised if it takes a couple of weeks longer, my bluefin did.
Marty.

bluefin59
03-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Definately worth the wait I certainly wouldn't swap mine, I waited 8 weeks in 04 and it arrived on time .... Matt

mojoe1
03-08-2010, 10:42 PM
wait the 12 weeks it will be worth it in the long run .love mine ;D

hooknpull
04-08-2010, 07:13 AM
ive been waiting for my seajay since feb.. Should be getting it by the end of the week. There fitting it out now..

spelchek
04-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Welcome, jameshallom, to the longest 10-12 weeks of your life :)

Out of interest, marty, how are bluefin boats better than seajay, and what are your qualifications to make the judgement? Serious question - not shit-stirring.

Seahorse
04-08-2010, 04:23 PM
hi hook.
i think i would wait for the seajay if i bought another boat.
i love it.
marty.
far better than a seajay. tell me why.

marty+jojo
04-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Workmanship and attention to detail, also no need for sandbags in the bow.
Marty.

Seahorse
04-08-2010, 06:21 PM
i can tell tell u now that if the workmanship is better on a bluefin than a seajay i will stand bare arsed in queen st.
hey marty have u owned a seajay.
do i sound pissed?
u bet.
just amazes me how people make statements.
wait for a quality boat. far better than seajay, then wait.
wank wank.
i will put my seajay against any blue fin.
nothing against people who like their own boats.\ whatever the makes.
good luck to them all and enjoy ur boats.
just the broad comments like martys that is so damm stupid.

brisbane_boy
04-08-2010, 06:25 PM
thanks for the comedy fellas ahhaha

woodsy76
04-08-2010, 06:30 PM
worth the wait you wont get that warm fuzzy feeling with anything else!!!

marty+jojo
04-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Settle down Greg, your the w#nker that told him to get a seajay. Get your glasses out oldmate and read the post again. No i have not owned a seajay, i wanted a quality boat.
Marty.

Seahorse
04-08-2010, 06:48 PM
i said dont wait 12 wks go have a look at a seajay.
i never said they were better, just have a look.
nothing against bluefin. and i never said there was. just the wait.
dont rubbish something u know nothing about.
just amazes me that clowns like u make broad comments about boats that someone else has.
i suggest u get ur facts before u open ur mouth.
if one boat was the best then that would be the only boat on the water.
Quality sometimes is in the eyes of the purchaser to suit their needs.

Mike Delisser
04-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Seahorse why say that to a bloke who told you he had already ordered his new boat? I don't get it.
Mate you're gunna love your new Blue Fin when it's built.
I have owned 7 alloy fishing boats over the years, 2 Stacers, 2 Seajays, 1 Bermuda, 1 Stessl) and I can say without a shadow of doubt that the Blue Fin Wildcat I own now is the best boat I ever had. One of the Seajays wasn't bad but the Blue Fin I've got is a step up in every dept, IMO
Cheers

Mike Delisser
04-08-2010, 08:00 PM
i can tell tell u now that if the workmanship is better on a bluefin than a seajay i will stand bare arsed in queen st.
i will put my seajay against any blue fin.

i never said they were better, just have a look.
nothing against bluefin. and i never said there was. just the wait.

??????????

Member101
04-08-2010, 08:25 PM
double ?????????

Steve

Seahorse
04-08-2010, 08:48 PM
mike, ur opinion, and everyones right to have their own opinion.
if i thought blue fin was better, then i would have bought one.
I feel anyone who bought a seajay would be extremely happy IMO.
mike iam pleased u have owned all those boats.
Iam sure the guy will be happy with his blue fin as iam very happy with my sea jay.
after all its all personal preference, so why say someone elses boat is not of same quality.
so better of just being happy for the guys who have chosen their boats for what ever reason.
As far as iam concerned, other peoples bad mouth opinions means jack shit to me.
Funny how some people just read to much into comments just to hear their own voice.
iam sorry to the guy who is buying his blue fin. i didnt mean anything bad about ur decision, just the wait.the other clowns carried it on

Reasty
04-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Waited 8 weeks for a new Barracuda, lots of time checking out Horizons & Seajays. please with the detail of finish of the Bluefin had a the gunnels fully welded in factory and a electic mount fitted. 4.5 Barracudas have several more floor/wall ribs for strength then the seajay. Dont think you can go wrong best of luck

(worth waiting for if it's really what you wont)

Reasty

Seahorse
05-08-2010, 06:44 AM
anything is worth waiting for if its really what u want.

Bouttime
05-08-2010, 08:35 AM
I take my 4.5 meter bluefin 50 nautical miles off shore in good weather,and have come home in some ordinary conditions as well.I do not see any seajays out there.As Marty said,if you want quality ,you wait for the Blue Fin.

timddo
05-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I take my 4.5 meter bluefin 50 nautical miles off shore in good weather,and have come home in some ordinary conditions as well.I do not see any seajays out there.As Marty said,if you want quality ,you wait for the Blue Fin.

You can canoe from Australia to New Zealand on a good day. ::)

Seahorse
05-08-2010, 01:32 PM
the reason u sea no seajays out there, is that we are smarter and dont go 50 naut miles offshore in a 4.5m whatever brand.
Good luck to u.
see, another taking everything out of text.
Dont know how many times a bloke has to say, i have never knocked bluefin.
Surely all blue fin owners arnt all knockers only the few on this thread.
Hey enjoy ur fishing in whatever boat u got.
Get more bites here than at mud

jameshallam
05-08-2010, 03:50 PM
thanks guys should be awsome with a 40 on it

hooknpull
05-08-2010, 04:16 PM
no matter what brand. I think the max hp would be a better idea. One thing i like about the bluefin is rated more than the seajay. But i myself liked the seajay easier to make the changes with. I think now every1 on this thread offer to go out and have a home fish for the weekend. And calm down

hooknpull
05-08-2010, 04:18 PM
sorry. Everyone needs to go out and have a good weekends worth of fishing.

davo
05-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Interesting comments. I agree with the built quality and strength comparisions but after going out with my brother-in laws 4.5 metre I must say they are the wetest boat I've been in and I have been in and owned one of the old Clark Abalones. It's so wet I bought some cheaper reels so when I fish with him my good gear doesn't get hammer with saltwater. In my opinion that blunt nose and kicked up front chine shape causes it all. All the spray goes forward and you wear it. A bloke at work bought the 5.25 Metre bowrider and I went out and had the same issues. He has sold it due to that reason. I have owned several alloy boats. Clark, Savage, Aquamaster, and now a Fisher. I been in many other brand alloy boats also.

spelchek
05-08-2010, 05:26 PM
thanks guys should be awsome with a 40 on it

Yeah mate, it sure will! I just hope you can keep from going half mad whilst you wait. I know the wait for my boat drove me round the bend. I was like a kid at Christmas the day it was delivered!!

Just to throw some petrol on the fire.. what brand outboard did you go with LOL :)

Seahorse
05-08-2010, 05:51 PM
james.
i know u will have fun in ur new boat.
i know i do.
mate sorry about all the shit.
hope the time goes real quick for u.

nigelr
05-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Now now, just make sure you'se all put the Greens LAST on the big bit of paper on polling day................and don't forget to NUMBER EVEY BOX lol!::) ;D
Seahorse, IMHO you are a very stylish gentleman.8-)

Seahorse
05-08-2010, 06:26 PM
greens are last.
stylish true gentleman ?

jameshallam
05-08-2010, 07:06 PM
40 mercury 2stroke electric start trim and tilt well i still have my old boat to fish in till i wait or sell it before the new arrives

jameshallam
05-08-2010, 07:10 PM
4.15 bluefin estuary trekker 8olt live well leccie plate 3o bait tank sports side console accerasry kit lights bilge pump etc for $17295 with 40 mercury 2 stroke eletric start trim and tilt on oceananic trailer been 2 weeks wait allready lol have garmin 300c colour sounder and 54 lbbow mount jarvis marine watersnake here all waitin to be installed.....

PinHead
05-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I don't care what brand..12 weeks for a pressed plate boat is ludicrous...and as per usual add a couple of extra weeks.

Seahorse
05-08-2010, 08:08 PM
glad i didnt say that greg.

littlemac
05-08-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't care what brand..12 weeks for a pressed plate boat is ludicrous...and as per usual add a couple of extra weeks.

please tell me why,

lets say 15 blokes in a shed equals 15x7.6 hours equals 114 hours a day, how many hours to build a boat?? 300 hours. again?? never built a boat. popular boat equals 10 a week from around the country equals 3000 hours. lets be realistic about this if we quality do want them to take short cuts??

just my opion

patience is a virtue but it still sucks.

cheers

brett

PinHead
05-08-2010, 09:45 PM
I'll tell you why...how come I could order a boat ..to be built in the USA..shipped to Australia and arrived here 12 weeks and 2days after ordering..and a pressed tinny here takes the same time???????

300 hours to build a pressed boat? Let's see...charge out those hours at a very moderate $60 per hour..that equals $18000.00..more than the selling price..I doubt that very much.

Matt76
05-08-2010, 09:52 PM
So the factory is busy and the lead times have stretched out a bit, isn't that a good thing? Just means lots of people want them. Surely we don't expect the guys on the workshop floor to be standing around waiting for our order so they can start our boats straight away?

littlemac
05-08-2010, 10:18 PM
I'll tell you why...how come I could order a boat ..to be built in the USA..shipped to Australia and arrived here 12 weeks and 2days after ordering..and a pressed tinny here takes the same time???????

300 hours to build a pressed boat? Let's see...charge out those hours at a very moderate $60 per hour..that equals $18000.00..more than the selling price..I doubt that very much.

maybe a population difference?? dont know??

littlemac
05-08-2010, 10:20 PM
by the way. why would want you want to buy american over aussie???

cheers

brett

PinHead
06-08-2010, 12:01 AM

cheers

brett

simple..cos at the time the Aussie built boats in that size and type were overpriced junk.

Mike Delisser
06-08-2010, 12:05 AM

cheers

brett

No no no Brett, don't ask him that! ;D

If the new orders were flowing in at Blue Fin I imagine they wouldn't be able to start on your boat for some time. Just as well you got in before the Brizzy boat show or it might have been a longer wait.
Cheers

jameshallam
06-08-2010, 06:21 PM
2 weeks gone 10 more to wait

littlemac
06-08-2010, 08:16 PM
getting closer by the minute.

you will love it

cheers

brett

secret_spot
07-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Guys,
here is my bobs worth.
I don't want a seajay and i do own a Blue Fin 5meter ranger centre console, brought in 2004. I would have to say that the only reason i brought this boat was the price not quality. My boat would have to be the wetest, roughest boat i have been in, hence the name BATHTUB, given to it by my mates that come with me. Quality, i hope, would want to have improved since my purchase, new, in 2004. I have had to replace the floor, repair cracks to the ribs, which under inspection were only spot welds and not continuous welds, bow rail has somehow broken from its weld and needs securing. Centre console has got corrosion appearing under the paint work and starting to bubble. Make sure you have a reverse chine on your boat because for some reason mine didn't com out with one, not that this would help IMHO. Sorry can't recommend blue fin at all.

TB91
07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Good on you James
At the end of the day you decide to go with Blue Fin, you would have known the lead in times for the boat & must have accepted that to place an order.
Same when I was looking at a Tabs they had 12 weeks lead in before delivery.
Hope all goes well for you.
cheers
mark

Tangles
07-08-2010, 10:25 PM
this is better than is the soap opera that is Julia, Kev and Latham, what next;D

You have to love brand loyalty. A typical Seajay and Bluefin thread just like a mono or cat thread, what other brand needs a good kicking, havent had a Quinny one for a while? A tinny is a tinny and reckon they are both up there. Been in the bluefins and owned a Seajay, happy to own both.

PinHead
08-08-2010, 05:12 AM
you got it Mike..all tinnys are much the same..all wet as in the wrong conditions..all ride rough and all are noisy bloody things.

Jarrah Jack
08-08-2010, 10:10 PM
you got it Mike..all tinnys are much the same..all wet as in the wrong conditions..all ride rough and all are noisy bloody things.

Now you're getting personal.;D

AnthonyL
11-08-2010, 09:15 AM
When my bluefin was ordered it arrived about 4 weeks earlier than expected so you might be lucky there. I would rather they tell me me longer than understate the time and keep putting me off.

The only thing I have not been happy with my bluefin and have heard lots of others have the same problem is that the floor had to be replaeced. I dont know if the dealer fits the floor or if its done in the factory but t is not marine ply under the carpet. I just recently replaced the floor as I am going to sell mine and get a glass boat this time.

Daisy Burnett
11-08-2010, 04:31 PM
9-10 weeks sounds good to me. I waited 6 months for my Tabs but the result was worth it. In the end as long you get a boat and one that you like all is good. Lets face it how many guys on this site have waited and waited to get not much in the end.
Daisy

Stillfishun
13-08-2010, 12:25 PM

Obvously Pinhead, the boat company you chose was so busy they could build your boat straight away!

PinHead
13-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Obvously Pinhead, the boat company you chose was so busy they could build your boat straight away!

Maybe they had/have manufacturing facilities to meet demand..a simple business concept.

Are you trying to tell me that is takes longer here to build a pressed tinny than get a 30' glass cruiser built in the States and shipped over here?

Skusto
13-08-2010, 05:09 PM

used to take a 420 stacer out to deep tempest? have seen 13ft tinnies out at rainbow doesnt mean the blue fin would be better just means most ppl wouldnt risk it in a boat that small!

Stillfishun
14-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Pinhead, if you have been watching the news, you would know that America is still in a recession, and all the manufacturers have a glut of stock, as no one has any money.
They probably could have kissed you when you ordered one, it may have been laying in the sun for the past 12 months, and they would gladly polish it up and send it to you.
Some manufacturers here do have backlogs. They are not going to put on more employees as they might have to put them off if we stop buying boats.

PinHead
14-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Pinhead, if you have been watching the news, you would know that America is still in a recession, and all the manufacturers have a glut of stock, as no one has any money.
They probably could have kissed you when you ordered one, it may have been laying in the sun for the past 12 months, and they would gladly polish it up and send it to you.
Some manufacturers here do have backlogs. They are not going to put on more employees as they might have to put them off if we stop buying boats.

Get real..this was 5 years ago before any GFC..and if you knew anything at all about boats you would realise they have to custom build for Australia..we have 240V AC electricity..they have 110V..so no yard stock would be applicable for here.
PLUS..at that time it was still taking the local boys forever to deliver a pressed boat.

If you are happy waiting that length of time for a tinny..then good for you.