PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for Patriot

microboss
23-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone has ideas what would be the best trailer for Haines Hunter Patriot?

weight? material? brand?

open to any ideas :)

thanks

haro274
24-07-2010, 02:20 PM
If you need to keep the weight down, go for an alloy trailer, cost is a bit more, but there are many advantages.

The Peterson Trailers have a good following on this site.

www.petersontrailers.com.au (http://www.petersontrailers.com.au)

champion
24-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Mate we just bought a Patriot ourselves and are going through the same thing.

We looked at them all, and have decided because of weight that the Mackay Aluminium is the way to go !!

good luck with your searches.

Alchemy
24-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Origin boats are building aluminium trailers. I'll be taking delivery of one to suit a 7.5m boat in a month or so. Great product.

microboss
24-07-2010, 09:17 PM
thank you for all of the replies, all seem to be valid contenders.

Petterson ones are interesting, but they have rails? so rails are better? or rollers?

and follow on question, would the trailer have to be adjusted to fit the hull?

hempy
31-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Microboss I bought a patriot at the end of last year and wanted an alloy trailer but could not afford one, ended up going with a belco galvanised c-section very happy with it.

Jarrah Jack
31-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Justin at portsea marine imports the Peterson trailers and is very good to deal with. There may be a bit of a wait as he imports a container load at a time and waits until he has the orders. They are not welded like the origin so you don't have to worry about welds cracking. The bunks/skids work well and are the main adjustment needed which makes things easy.

portsea
31-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Peterson Trailers

Thanks all for the kind words on our trailers, we do try and do the right thing by our customers so i appreciate when we hear good things.

Just to clear a few things up, we actually import 90% of the components from the states and assemble here, on most trailer sizes we use a larger than average draw bar and I beam than other companies. We issue our own Vin numbers and plates.

Generally we have most sizes in stock, unless the trailer is a special requirement or we have to order an out of size I beam ect. Then turn around times in most cases is still only around 8 weeks, which corect me if i am wrong is probably similar to dunbier , mckay ect.

Anyhow thanks again to all those who support our special trailers.:)