PDA

View Full Version : Paint bubbles inside of keel.

ryeham
22-07-2010, 07:55 PM
G'day Ausfishers

I noticed the other day when cleaning out the 'mistress' that I had paint bubbles/corrosion on the inside of her keel (inside the storage compartment). By the way the mistress is a 4m punt and there should be a picture of her on the left there, just under my name.

I have attached 2 pics showing the bubbles. What is the best way to fix this?? Is it a DIY job or does it require some professional expertise??

Anyway I'm interested in your opinions on the best way to go about rectifying this.

Cheers
Ryan

Jarrah Jack
22-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Paint bubbles part of life with a painted alloy boat. If it wasnt painted at all there would be no bubbles. You've probably had some salt water trapped in there thats gotten under the paint. If you've got a battery and connections make sure they are well isolated from the hull.

If you want to fix the bubbles just sand them back to the alloy, spray on an etch primer and then some matching white. A good paint shop will point you in the right direction.

ryeham
22-07-2010, 09:03 PM
thanks for that......I figured that was the case however the day I don't ask the wuestion will be the day it ends in tears.

Cheers