PDA

View Full Version : Haines V16C pics.

Gon Fishun
20-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Been trying to do this for a coupla weeks now, and finally got around to it. :P
You will have to excuse the mess, :-?went fishing Sunday arvo-night and haven't got around to the tidying part. The anchor light is good being LED and up high, you can drive with it on. The other light is a 32 LED lead light fitted onto a rod holder and modified to mount on dash bracket. Got to have lots of light as getting older and harder to see at night and I do like a bit of comfort.::) The anchor bracket is a swivel style but it is locked in one position to enable the anchor to be pulled up and lowered without having to climb out the front hatch. It is set at an angle so it wont hit the bow of boat. Both seats swivel, go up and down and can be removed if working in boat. Tacho, hour meter, volt meter, tilt meter, stainless steel 65lt fuel tank at rear. Had a bad water leak so fitted bilge pumps, and for safety, have found the leak and fixed it. It was a ding in the hull where one of the rollers was sitting, so moved rollers. Not a drop of water got in which made wifey happy. ;D Motor is an Evinrude 115hp v4 1983. I did write in an post I had fuel problems and fitted an electric pump, well I found gunk in one of the carbies which fixed the starvation problem so I overhauled the original pump and got rid of the electric, anyway it was a hassle, stopping leaks, adjusting pressure etc, and it wasn't designed for it. Now it goes like the clappers. WOT 5100 , 14 inch prop 19 pitch. Hope you like the pics. There is also a pic of home made bait board.

ozscott
20-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Nice mate. Yours must be a later version. Mine didnt have the stern seats. Mine went well with a near new 60 merc, so yours must fly - what speed at WOT? How much freeboard do you have at the transom when sitting?

Cheers mate

Gon Fishun
20-07-2010, 04:07 PM
G`day Ozscott.
Freeboard is about 390mm, with 60 lts of fuel, measured to top of metal strip at back of seat. It does sit low at the transom and with a small swell the engine well gets a drink. I don't know what speed she will do as there is no speedo, but the misses :-*hangs on for dear life :o .
Ta mate.

Jarrah Jack
20-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah..She must fly, I had a 115 on mine for a start and I was pushing 90kls. I've seen one with a 150 and heard of one with a 175.:o

She would have some weight in the back with the heavy donk, battery, oil and fuel 60lts. I'm seeing about getting my 25 ltr tank moved up foward. That low splashwell can get scary when the tide points the stern to the waves when anchored.

The boat looks well looked after and a nice trailer as well. Does the anchor roller allow you to leave the anchor on it permanently without fear of scratching the boat? I made a small timber bow sprit for mine.

Did you repair the ding where the leak was as well as move the roller? Best to keep the glass away from the water.

Thanks for the pics

Gon Fishun
20-07-2010, 06:59 PM
G'day Jarah Jack.
Yes the stern does sit low and the swell will wash into the engine well. :PI have cleaned out the damage under the hull with a Dremel, dry it off with a blow dryer and filled it with Gel coat from BCF. :)Also repositioned the trailer roller away from it.
The anchor that came with the boat is small but made from 1/4 & 5/16 steel and got a bit of weight to it. It is set up so you can pull the 2 pins across and slip the rope under and leave it on whilst fishing. The chain, shackle and anchor will slide up into the bracket , then tie it off on a hook near my seat. It is possible to leave it in there as it clears the bow of the boat by about 100mm and does not jump around. Yum, wifey just handed me a plate of crumbed whiting filets and sole.
But it can get in the way of the winch ( watch knuckles.):o
Ta mate.
Bob.