PDA

View Full Version : To the imbecile at Raby bay Ramp today....

Vic1
18-07-2010, 05:52 PM
IN the blue platey TRYING to drive his boat on his trailer in the members area at about 2.15pm on Sun arvo, up yours!!!

Had a go at me for creating a "huge wash" (I was travelling at about 6 knots in my 5m seafarer) that stopped him from being able to drive on his trailer.....seriously get a life.

Then he has to drop the f word in front of my kids....not happy Jan

After my boat was on the trailer I noticed his pathetic attempts to drive on the trailer were creating 3 times the wash my boat would have made (he would have been trying for at least 10 minutes in calm conditions with a flotilla waiting for him to hurry up).

I did point this out to him, with predictable results....::)::)

Seriously why don't people mind their own business, especially when they are not particularly good at something

How to ruin a good Sun arvo.........

finga
18-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Gees I'm glad to hear the boat is still going well for you.
Nice boat that :)

Best thing is to sit and laugh and point.....preferably with an ice-cream in hand

castlemaine
18-07-2010, 06:17 PM
IN the blue platey TRYING to drive his boat on his trailer in the members area at about 2.15pm on Sun arvo, up yours!!!

Had a go at me for creating a "huge wash" (I was travelling at about 6 knots in my 5m seafarer) that stopped him from being able to drive on his trailer.....seriously get a life.

Then he has to drop the f word in front of my kids....not happy Jan

After my boat was on the trailer I noticed his pathetic attempts to drive on the trailer were creating 3 times the wash my boat would have made (he would have been trying for at least 10 minutes in calm conditions with a flotilla waiting for him to hurry up).

I did point this out to him, with predictable results....::)::)

Seriously why don't people mind their own business, especially when they are not particularly good at something

How to ruin a good Sun arvo.........

Hi Vic1,

When you say members area, do you mean the Redlands Boat Club? If so, you should contact the Commodore with a complaint.

Not real appropriate to use swear words in the vicinity of kids.

Cheers

Chimo
18-07-2010, 06:24 PM
There wouldnt be any chance that he's going to read it here, couldnt be an AF person!

No excuse for that sort of behaviour esp when children are involved.

He probably undermined the end of the ramp too

Cheers
Chimo

whatscracken
18-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Sounds like hes a donkey mate, I don't think its very good form at all swearing in front of someone else's children either.

robothefisho
18-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Sounds like an idiot. But in saying that a 5m boat does create a large wash at 6 knots.

The-easyrider
18-07-2010, 07:13 PM
But in saying that a 5m boat does create a large wash at 6 knots.
Rubish ......

yakka
18-07-2010, 07:41 PM
rubbish also

robothefisho
18-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Well compare 6 knots to 4 knots, I know what i'd rather drive past a ramp or through a harbour doing. 4 knots is ripples, 6 knots is foot high wash.

Bros
18-07-2010, 08:04 PM
The're some good entertainment to be had on a Sunday afternoon of a weekend of good weather.

A few months ago I saw a beauty argument between a woman and a bloke on a boat ramp and wasn't the air thick with F words and they were shouting, good to watch. He kept up with every F word she screamed out.

bastard
18-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Well compare 6 knots to 4 knots, I know what i'd rather drive past a ramp or through a harbour doing. 4 knots is ripples, 6 knots is foot high wash.spot on ,if only every one could work this out.

Fatenhappy
18-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Vic and unfortunately over the last few years its becoming far more comon ...... :-[

Personally, I get fairly disgusted by people any where any time using foul language around kids or women, but then again most would consider me to be old fashioned ... >:(

On the other side of the coin and if you can get past the previous ... no new news to most in that there's always good entertainment just sitting back and watching the shinanigans going on around ramps on occasion from idiots. You ask'm though, they know it all and of course "its" always everyone else's fault isn't it! ... ;D .. ;)

Hornet Rider
18-07-2010, 09:34 PM
now there's an ideal occasion for a hand full of snapper heads, the bloke at the helm wasn't a silver haired short plumpish guy late of The Lodge Canberra by any chance? attitude sounds the same. Don't let them get under your skin Vic, hope the rest of you day was all good:)

trueblue
18-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Sounds like an idiot. But in saying that a 5m boat does create a large wash at 6 knots.

not totally true - depends entirely on the boat. My boat is particularly bad for wake, but most are much better than mine

Noelm
19-07-2010, 09:59 AM
wake!! gees you haven't seen wake untill you launch in a Harbour that has Tugs working, I used to launch in a big harbour years ago when I had my Seafarer, one time I had it just on the trailer, and was not quick enough when a Tug came past, washed it right off onto the mudguards, only the winch cable saved it, then the wake washed right up into my open car door!

4x4frog
19-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Sorry to hear that Vic and unfortunately over the last few years its becoming far more comon ...... :-[

Personally, I get fairly disgusted by people any where any time using foul language around kids or women, but then again most would consider me to be old fashioned ... >:(

On the other side of the coin and if you can get past the previous ... no new news to most in that there's always good entertainment just sitting back and watching the shinanigans going on around ramps on occasion from idiots. You ask'm though, they know it all and of course "its" always everyone else's fault isn't it! ... ;D .. ;)
O/T warning::)
Mate , if we ever meet up ata M&G or other ausfish outing I will buy you a beer. I thought I was the only one with that opinion. I have regular running arguements with my 21yo about gutter language in front of his mum, our neighbors kids and his g/f. He tells me I am old fogey material but for me it isn't so much the words but the lack of respect it shows for the lady/child present.
Cheers to you.;D
As for the prevelence of fools and boats........I think it's the bogan:o element getting more and more into boating and bringing their holier than everyone else attitudes with them.

tednted
19-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Your right about the abuse & theres no excuse for it>:( however 6 knts is 11 kms & my 5.10 Quinny will have a wake at that speed but nearly none at 4 knts . Around the vecinity of ramps I am always amazed at the amount of people that come in bull at a gate creating wash whilst people are trying to launch or retrieve .Usually it is "Look at me look at me"syndrome not that I'm insuating that this is you Vic. Around the ramp areas is there any need to go at more than idle speed ????
cheers AL

lethal098
19-07-2010, 11:20 AM
alwasy a pain when idiots like that are around, we had 1 idiot at Bribie yesterday that felt he needed to jump in front of 2 of us waiting to launch, he was retrieving, a line is a line for a reason, no wonder ramp rage is still around. We werent happy and neither were the guys in front of us.

cheers Lee

timddo
19-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Ok

Who has right of way, I hardly argue at ramps unless some idiots swears at me, then i will usually return the favour ( A diver whitting does not need to be 25cm to be legal, however has a bag limit of 50).

Does the guy with the boat down on the ramp get priority or the person in line.
I have seen boaties just bypass everyone waiting inline to collect there boat while others are waiting to unload their boats. Now to me a line is a line. However sometimes if they ask nicely, they will be allowed to retreive their boat first( gives you more room to launch your boat).

Jarrah Jack
19-07-2010, 11:40 AM
, then the wake washed right up into my open car door!

Shoulda closed the door.;D

ozscott
19-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi Vic1,

When you say members area, do you mean the Redlands Boat Club? If so, you should contact the Commodore with a complaint.

Not real appropriate to use swear words in the vicinity of kids.

Cheers

I agree - its why we pay the (costly) fees...so that we dont have people using the ramp that are not accountable. The secure parking and the pontoon are good no doubt, but really I have always had good luck with people on the club ramp...I have helped plenty and on occasion when my kids were really young I have gladly received help with the Vag in solid wind trying to get back on the trailer.

Mate I would ask him to tone it down in front of the kids and if he didnt get his rego number and put it to the commodore cause im sure given the emphasis the club has on kids participation in all things nautical that they wouldnt want that going on.

Cheers

Noelm
19-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Shoulda closed the door.;D
yeah well I would have had I been quick enough, one minute I was in toe deep water doing up the safety chain, next minute I was up to my chest with a Seafarer Viking floating off the side.

Vic1
19-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I should have said I was travelling at 6 knots coming into the "launch and retrieval" area, but was down to idle well before where the boats are actually taken off the trailers....anyway the wash from my boat was minimal and didn't seem to worry any of the other skippers retrieving their craft at the time.......except for the guy with the platey who couldn't put his boat on the trailer!! Also my boat at 6 knots does not creat a 1 foot wash....nothing like it actually as I know how little wave it makes when I drive it into Raby bay (6 knot zone)

TimiBoy
19-07-2010, 03:07 PM
I'd be onto the Club, pronto. There are few folks on the waiting list who probably deserve their spot more than this tosser.

As to the last jerk who dropped the f-bomb in front of my kids, I told him...

"Mate, if the hole in your backside was as big as your mouth your guts would fall out!"

Shut him up good. My kids thought I was a legend!!!

Cheers,

Tim

Apollo
19-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Agree with the rest, swearing infront of kids (and particularly MY kids) is totally unacceptable. Don't tolerate it from anyone and most are pretty good (even Newby refrained!!!) but some have needed a tune up on their manners. Have thrown my father in law out of the house for doing it, so I understand Vic how you would have been peeved.

I don't consider myself an old bugger (yet) and still won't swear infront of my parents (late 60's)

Steve

theangryangler
20-07-2010, 08:15 PM
wake!! gees you haven't seen wake untill you launch in a Harbour that has Tugs working, I used to launch in a big harbour years ago when I had my Seafarer, one time I had it just on the trailer, and was not quick enough when a Tug came past, washed it right off onto the mudguards, only the winch cable saved it, then the wake washed right up into my open car door!

Yeah can agree 100% here, used to launch at the old ramp at pinkenba in the stacer 4m tinny and a tug going past would lift the boat off the rollers and smash it down. Left my younger brother with the boat at the beach next to the ramp and parked,Tug came he pulled the bow up as far as he could dropping the rear into the approaching swell!! I was not too impressed took him half hour to bail it all out.

There is a time and a place for a foul mouth... Neither time or place should be around kids or others that find it offensive............Easy az ;D

gr hilly
20-07-2010, 08:45 PM
i have a wife and 3 daughters and the girls are now in their 30s now and they have never heard me or any member of my family brothers dad and my mayes use foul lingo there is no place for it in my home.
Hilly

Jackinthebox
20-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Ok

Who has right of way, I hardly argue at ramps unless some idiots swears at me, then i will usually return the favour ( A diver whitting does not need to be 25cm to be legal, however has a bag limit of 50).

Does the guy with the boat down on the ramp get priority or the person in line.
I have seen boaties just bypass everyone waiting inline to collect there boat while others are waiting to unload their boats. Now to me a line is a line. However sometimes if they ask nicely, they will be allowed to retreive their boat first( gives you more room to launch your boat).

Mate, the car queue is the one that matters, not the boat queue.

This is so because it's the only way to ensure a fair go for all.

10 boats waiting to put in and someone comes in to the ramp in their boat and expects to go before the blokes that have been waiting???? They get their car and get in line.

Cheers,

Mick

BenDover
21-07-2010, 07:55 AM
It absolutely amaze's me how some people act. When I was younger I saw 2 grown men having a yelling match and fisticuff's over a stupid "who owns this crab pot" argument.

Absolutley no need to use that language and darken the day with your kids, as kids are very impressionable. Some people are very quick to let their ego's get in the way and run off with the mouth. The same as some people are really tuff when on the phone or in their car. Just ignore it and dont even respond or knock em out.

8astripey
21-07-2010, 06:39 PM
reminds me of a trip i did with my 2 boys to hervey bay about 20yrs ago. storm blew up and everybody was trying to get their boats in at the same time on the old ramps. my boys where about 7 or 8 at the time and had to look after the boat while i got the trailer backed. a bloke and his old man and a kid of about 13 had to wait for me to get the boat in. blowing 35knts and had a hard time by myself while they stood by and laughed with the kid calling me a fxxx ###### that should not own a boat. if it wasnt for the fact that my boys where there i would have decked the lot of them. as it was a nicely dressed man came down the ramp and helped me put it on. after thanking him i drove up the ramp to finish of tying things down. didnt notice much for a while as i put the kids in the car and got ready to get back to the park, just as i was about to leave noticed same man talking to the 2 blokes and shit of a kid.
got my interest when he pulled out a clip board from his toyo. had to go and have a closer look. aaaaah carma. a fisho. did the twits for no rego on the boat safety gear and undersized fish. while i was there he called the boys in blue. just had to wait and they got done for bald tyres and no tail lights. still remember that fisho and have not thought badly of them ever since.

stinky-stabi
21-07-2010, 06:56 PM
wtf? ?,,,.......