PDA

View Full Version : Hot Lips jigheads

dayoo
17-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Knocked up a batch of hot lips jigheads which are suitable for tying bucktails or similar synthetic materials like krystal flash. After adding the bling tomorrow I will road test them next week offshore Rainbow Beach.

Pic attached.

Cheers
Barry

LostNearBribie
19-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Barry you will be giving them all names soon...
They look great.

dayoo
19-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Barry you will be giving them all names soon...
They look great.

Just added the bling and will be targeting snapper off Fraser with them in two weeks. See pic.

Cheers
Barry

Eelman
19-07-2010, 04:36 PM
They look great Barry. Do you put any sort of soft plastic on them, or just jig them like that? Is there something available commercially that us mere mortals can get?
Cheers,
Ross

dayoo
19-07-2010, 05:26 PM
They look great Barry. Do you put any sort of soft plastic on them, or just jig them like that? Is there something available commercially that us mere mortals can get?
Cheers,
Ross

Just put a strip of fish flesh on the hook (for smell) and float them down. If the jighead gets to the bottom without being engulfed just jig them like a soft plastic.

I havn't seen anything similar in Australian tackle shops apart from PETackle. Jigs decorated with krystal flash are popular in the USA.

The original jig with old fashoned bucktail hair is contained in the survival pack issued to US Navy Seals;)

Cheers
Barry

gr hilly
19-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Just added the bling and will be targeting snapper off Fraser with them in two weeks. See pic.

Cheers
Barry

Barry they look fantastic i recon they will kick ass.
cheers Hilly

craigie
22-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Hey Barry, If the Snapper do take a shine to them, you better keep an eye on me, I could be doing a raid on your tackle bag !!

Hope to get a few more goodies from Seano before the charter.
I can't wait !!

Cheers
Craigie.

wags on the water
26-07-2010, 08:25 AM
They certainly look the goods Barry. I'd be interested in the near future. Just need to earn some more $$$. Looking forward to your Fraser report.

Cheers,
Wags

dayoo
26-07-2010, 09:06 PM
They certainly look the goods Barry. I'd be interested in the near future. Just need to earn some more $$$. Looking forward to your Fraser report.

Cheers,
Wags

Gave a couple to some friends at Rainbow Beach on Saturday night. I hear that on Sunday the first drop with one resulted in a 5kg snapper and the other a straightened hook.
What are you doing Anthony!!!!;D maybe a jaw hookup, drag too tight or I need to find some stronger hooks::)

Cheers
Barry