PDA

View Full Version : Storage covers

Argle
16-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Been looking around for a storage cover for the new tub and was wondering if anyone had any experiences good or bad with the "hurricane" covers that Bias have? Not looking for a trailerable cover just something to have over the boat to keep dust out. It sits under a boatport so doesnt cop a lot of sun other than a bit in the mornings but still would like a reasonable amount of protection.
These covers seem pretty well priced compared to a custom made job which it probably doesnt really need, do these covers rub at all? Its a glass boat so i dont really want to bother if the cover is abrasive at all - i imagine that it would be ok but you never know?

Thoughts and opinions welcome and appreciated!!

Cheers
Scott

Argle
19-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Anyone?:-?

Argle
20-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi Scott.
Wasn't able to post a reply but I'll try this.
Small world as I am the guy who has your old Signature. Absolutely loving it and keeping it in as good a nick as you did. Got across to Straddie on Saturday and have so much more to explore.
Your new boat looks the part. I'll buy it from you in 10 years!
Anyway - I bought one of these off ebay and it is a pretty good cover (probably worth twice as much in a shop)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Huge-Discount...item27b36b40a7 (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Huge-Discounted-Cuddy-1-2-cabin-Boat-Covers-4-8m-5-4m-/170513875111?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b36b40a7)

The seller seems to offer all sorts of sizes.

I paid $155 delivered but he seems to have put the prices up a little. Came with clips and straps and was very quick in delivery. I have a caravan (covered) and it is better quality that the one I bought for it from a retail outlet.

See you on the water some time. Safe boating mate

I couldnt reply to your pm Andrew because your box is full so I have just copied it here.

Thanks for the reply its great to hear the old tub is going well and is in a good home, it will serve you well for sure. Ill let you know in ten years when Im ready to upgrade to the next one hey? Thats the type of cover i was looking at so thats probably what I will end up with but will check the ebay pricing to compare. Would like to catch up with you on the water one day for sure

Cheers and Thanks
Scott

tropicrows
20-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Scott,

Not sure how much you want to pay, but I got a tarp made to suit my boat a 4 months ago, but since I put the canopy on it does not fit. Cost $390 selling it for $280, its made from Canvacon 5000.
If your interested PM me your email address and I will send you a drawing of the size and shape.