PDA

View Full Version : Tight Lines Classic 2010 - Yeppoon

wags on the water
15-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Well it's nearing that time again and I was wondering who's keen for it this year?
I'm in and JT there'll be no strong wind brought up from the south as I'm already in the central part of the state..;D

Cheers,
Wags

ifishcq1
16-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah Wags we are in for it again
more prizes and more entertainment it looks like it will be okay
just need "Old Hughie" to play the game
cheers

blacksunday
16-07-2010, 03:03 PM
ready to rock and roll boat is all rewired now and new electronics installed.just have to fork out mooring fees and were set.see u all there.

jtpython
16-07-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm there with bells on
But Wags will be here so wind forecasted 50 knots while he is here LOL
Anyways and one from South or north that would like to come and finding it hard to find accomadation i have plenty of room and a shed and fridge freezers there but am on tanks so if people are looking for room will have it here but water for washing boats down and showering may be an issue is all BBQ here as well so give me a buzz
JT

four_button_arnie
17-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey guys what dates you thinking of? Does it have any specific format, or just catch fish and drink rummies????

Josh
________
348 (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_348)

blacksunday
17-07-2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.tightlines.net.au/

starts on the friday 20th and ends on the sunday 22nd of aug

Vindicator
18-07-2010, 07:29 AM
I've got a good mate who lives in Yeppoon, so I'm looking at dragging the boat up for the weekend.

Cheers
Kezza

jtpython
18-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Wholey Smokes Kezza mixing it up with us peasents ............... Make it happen mate. Few drinkie's for sure when your up here.
JT
Hey this also means you guys arn't following me to my secret fishing spots:P

wags on the water
18-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Wholey Smokes Kezza mixing it up with us peasents ............... Make it happen mate. Few drinkie's for sure when your up here.
JT
Hey this also means you guys arn't following me to my secret fishing spots:P

I paid Jimmy for a few of those spots....;)

jtpython
18-07-2010, 07:00 PM
You can because i know you can't catch any fish mate so they are safe :P

Vindicator
19-07-2010, 06:10 AM
JT, we'll be in the big blue and white boat behind you looking down on you're outboard making sure you don't get away. Can't have locals winning the event, you;ll never get anyone back for next year;D I was only up there a week ago, should have had the boat with me instead of the truck and tractor and I could have snuck in some practice

Cheers
Kezza

jtpython
19-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Thats all good mate last two comps we caught about 8 fish lol
Will see if weather plays the game this year
JT

blacksunday
19-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Holy S##t wasnt expecting the rates to be so dear just to park your boat in the marina and the chick on the phone today told me that doesnt include power usage? for 5 grand a year!:o

http://www.keppelbaymarina.com.au/content.php?id=marina

jtpython
19-07-2010, 05:26 PM
And isn't it 9 per night per person if you stay on it?
JT

wags on the water
19-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm there with bells on
But Wags will be here so wind forecasted 50 knots while he is here LOL
JT

Nice mate you are....:(

jtpython
19-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Nice mate you are....:(

Sorry mate ........... Only telling the truth
:P

MY ALIBI
20-07-2010, 09:45 PM
yep i rosterd off this time ill be booking a berth and i caint wait ,,,, no i comming to jt so the winds will be blowin 60 knts lol.....

i realy hope it be some good weather this year ,,,

cheers wayne

blacksunday
21-07-2010, 12:06 AM
so whats the go are we going to get together for a drink or 3 somewhere? mini ausfish reunion? weather it be on the water or land looking foward to meeting some new faces and swaping bullshit stories :P

wags on the water
21-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Plenty of BS stories with JT..........;D ;D ;D

jtpython
21-07-2010, 06:35 AM
HAHAHA We'll on sit around and i'll tell the story how i fished right beside Wags all day and caught all the fish including a whopping trout off a live bait Wags caught and all he caught was a chinamen fish and then whinged the entire time how his arms hurt from pulling it in.
:P
We will defineatly get on it somewheres thats a given
JT

lunchcutter
21-07-2010, 07:01 PM
yeah see what someone can oganize blacksunday

BOMBIE
21-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey guys what dates you thinking of? Does it have any specific format, or just catch fish and drink rummies????

Josh Fish during early morn/day DRINK @ nite ,,format/rules still needs some working on if last years comp is an indication:-[ ,but hopefully if they listen it will work;) anyway I will be there 8-)

NEWBY
21-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Another fishing competition where you get rewarded for nothing. Coupla hundred if ya do well fishing or thousands if you just hang around drinking booze.
What a shame fishing comps are just NOT fishing comps any more.

jtpython
21-07-2010, 09:15 PM
http://tightlines.net.au/
For the Coast Guard a very worthy cuase
JT

NEWBY
23-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Why not just have a chook raffle then and a great big pi$$ up???
Why call it a fishing comp???
Fishing is secondary....
My 10 YO won a boat at the hookup this year but couldn't have it because he was out fishing......In THE fishing comp.....Go figure....

jtpython
23-07-2010, 06:11 PM
I know mate But the 2 min rule and be there are the rules when ya signed on. And This is very much similiar to the hook up process.
Such is life
JT
And weather will probily be like it has for most fingers crossed
Plus i get to take my daughter in it this year she'll have a ball .......Watching Wags not catching fish lol
JT

wags on the water
23-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Hardy har har.....:P :P

jtpython
24-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Just making sure you'll have a complex again before you get here Wags
JT

BOMBIE
26-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Fellas . Bloody election SAME w/end,if tied up at the marina or out fishing for most of saturday , dont forget to postal vote before you go ,not worth the hassel/fine to try and leave/get to a polly station once tightlined up ????? Just some forethought ,Ive already done it!!

jtpython
27-07-2010, 06:15 AM
On to it
JT

Sheik
04-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Fellas . Bloody election SAME w/end,if tied up at the marina or out fishing for most of saturday , dont forget to postal vote before you go ,not worth the hassel/fine to try and leave/get to a polly station once tightlined up ????? Just some forethought ,Ive already done it!!
Don't need a postal vote, can also do an early vite if you're going to be away. Booths will be open for i think a week before.
regards jim

Sheik
04-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Don't need a postal vote, can also do an early vite if you're going to be away. Booths will be open for i think a week before.
regards jim
Sorry what I meant was an absentee vote which is another way if you don't have access to a postal vote.
jim

harmsey
10-08-2010, 11:31 AM
only new to the area and this forum so would be good to meet a few of you guys. i have booked a birth and have a crew ready to go. black centre cab "nobel style boat"called black label. say GDay if you see me.

Cheers Harmsey

justlovefishing
10-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Another fishing competition where you get rewarded for nothing. Coupla hundred if ya do well fishing or thousands if you just hang around drinking booze.
What a shame fishing comps are just NOT fishing comps any more.

We are always open to new ideas. Juast post them here and if worthy I will put them to the next meeting and possibly include them in next years comp.
We are still learing and trying to do our best to put on a good time for all involved.

wags on the water
10-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Harmsey - I'll be bunking down in JT's shed and we may be fishing in the same area......::) ::) ::) We'll keep an eye out for you. JT's rig --> Cruisecraft 550 Explorer and mine Cruisecraft 625 Outsider both powered by mighty Mercs..:P

Cheers,
Wags

jtpython
10-08-2010, 07:13 PM
I'll be throwing rocks at the shed from about 1 am onwards just to keep wags on his toes

blacksunday
11-08-2010, 09:51 PM
anyone free on the wednesday or thursday who could tow my boat from emu park to the harbour? need something like a cruiser tryback or landcruiser wagon be happy to pay for fuel or piss other wise i have to either go into rocky and rent a car to move it because we cant take the work truck back over there untill sunday :(

wags on the water
12-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Sorry mate, I'm not in Emu Park until roughly 5.00am Friday.

jtpython
12-08-2010, 07:28 PM
I haven't got a crusier anymore:(
Marks are here Wag's
JT

mitch92
17-08-2010, 05:24 AM
Weather may actually play the cards this year??

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/qld_synoptic.asp?loc=CENT&stateid=3
(http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/synoptic.asp?StateID=3&loc=CENT)

jtpython
17-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Defineatly looks great this year for sure . Lets hope the fish play the game
JT

Sheik
17-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Good luck on the water JT - hope it works out good for you mate. Sorry I can't be up there. Might try and make it up there early to mid September. See how it goes. Catch a red for me.

waycool-oz
17-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Well votes in off too the hut at the bay for the weekend left my boat home taking my mates . so anyway good luck to all from team Wickd

MY ALIBI
19-08-2010, 07:39 PM
one more sleep , mised out on a berth so oh well, il be on the water some where out there , looks like fri night to hit the wide banks and north east of flat sat night hope the weather plays out ok , one can only hope , i cant wait to try out my new PE TACKLE FLY RIGS ...

i in the 8m plate MY ALIBI vhf 21 feel free to call me up or say gid day ,,,,,
good luck to all and be safe ....
cheers
wayno

ifishcq1
22-08-2010, 08:01 PM
JT got the best red , we thought we were in for a show until the ratbag showed us his and Wags did catch fish
My Alibi how did you get on with motor probs? alright I hope
there were a few verados playing up, a couple of etecs with big end probs and The Coast guard did about 7 tows on Friday

not too bad a weekend at all, well worth the effort

cheers

mitch92
22-08-2010, 10:00 PM
I pity the poor bloke who was waiting to be towed in from barren island, when he got the radio call to say his car was leaking petrol back at the harbour. Some days ya just can't win.