PDA

View Full Version : OS Etec parts

webbc
15-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I was looking to get a part for my 90Etec from OS (boats.net)
My motor has the Model no. E90DSLSRS.
There are several model nos listed on the website but my model number is not. The only digit that is different is the final S.
Does anyone know if the last digit is just indicating an OS model http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/icons/icon5.gif

Steeler
15-07-2010, 04:11 PM
What part r u after webbc ?.

Lancair
15-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Check out this link
http://www.theoutboardwizard.com/evinrude_model_number.html

Seems maybe your last 'S' doesnt belong ? ? ?

rainbow runner
15-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I am pretty sure they brought out a freshwater series

The "S" may delineate between saltwater and freshwater models

Only a guess though, it's worth the call to a local dealer

webbc
15-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Steeler I keep getting the 'no oil' alarm and have been told that I need to replace the oil pump and assembly. I was quoted more than $1000 for the part here in OZ but seem to see it in the US for $350.

Lancair the model number is as I stated. It was produced in 09/2003. I am also having trouble confirming these details with any of those US sites.

hino310
15-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi webbc

PM sent.

Regards hino310

marto78
15-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey webbc jump on the etec owners site, there are a lot of people from the states on there that may be able to help you out. Good luck :)
http://www.etecownersgroup.com/?forum=136483&trail=25

Spaniard_King
15-07-2010, 05:57 PM
The Last letter is used to designate a change to the engine after the model was released (usually a part upgrade)

Just order the part as per the model number less the prefix (last letter)

rainbow runner
15-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry double up sent by mistake

cormorant
15-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Seriously - a oil pump should not fail in that period. What hours has it got on it? Get BRP off their bums and tell em to replace it. I know it is out of warranty but seriously it is not something a use can cause extra wear on especially if you have had it dealer serviced. How long do BRP expect such a item to last??

What have they tested to prove it is the pump?

stue2
15-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Steeler I keep getting the 'no oil' alarm and have been told that I need to replace the oil pump and assembly. I was quoted more than $1000 for the part here in OZ but seem to see it in the US for $350.

Lancair the model number is as I stated. It was produced in 09/2003. I am also having trouble confirming these details with any of those US sites.

Not sure if this is right or not but i have the same model x 2. i was told that it is a fault of that model but not to worry if i can put up with the alarm. was told to turn motor off and then restart and the alarm goes off. seems to work.
can anyone verify this?

cheers, stu

webbc
15-07-2010, 10:02 PM
The motor has 600 hours on it. When the alarm sounds, the motor will go into safe mode and limit the amount of throttle available. Apart from this, it has not been a problem. I find that you can stop and restart the motor (sometimes with tilting it as well) to get rid of the problem but it only works some times. It just seems to be getting more frequent.
I have a few leads to follow up on, thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge.

cormorant
15-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Have you connected the computer and confirmed exactly what codes it is giving? Got a print outby any chance?

Is a etec trained guy telling you what the problem is?

There are several oil related alarms on that motor.

webbc
16-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Yes it has had the computer on it but I do not have a print out from it. The mechanic is trained in servicing etecs. I will give him a call and see if I can get the codes that it is showing.

webbc
16-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi Hino, I called the number you PM'd me but didn't get through to you. Can you check the number and let me know if it is correct.
PS Your mailbox is also full.

cormorant
16-07-2010, 10:50 AM
That's Ok just trying to ensure you are getting the full story from someone qualified . Each alarm has either a soft or hard code that relates to it. They get listed in the computer.

Get your mechanic to chase it down as a claim with BRP. If they are decent they should come to the party with the parts. No one should be expected to pay for computer , injector or oil pump failure in the first 10 years. What are they doing - selling disposable motors that only last 600 hrs??.

I'd be having alarm switches and wiring checked before I did a new pump to make sure it it is the pump . Not sure there is a test for the
pumps apart from bubles in teh line to prove it is working.

I don't like the idea running a motor that is alarming. Can only lead to a bigger problem.

Good luck and tell us how you go or what you find out.

I'll pull my head in now.