PDA

View Full Version : Haines Hunter 635L Vs Haines Hunter 630 Breeze

Pazz01
12-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Hey everyone

We are thinking of selling the old 635L and maybe buying a 630 Breeze, mainly for the update in hull and motor, bit more fishing room etc compared to the old girl.

Just interested in everyone's thoughts on the 630 Breeze, if anyone has been in one and what it was like compared to the older hulls. I know they are based on the 620sf warrior, but a bit heavier.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pazz

julian1
12-07-2010, 10:20 AM
you would hate the 630 Breeze compared with your old 635L for ride and handling, really the only comparable upgrade would be the 650 Classic, sorry i know they are heaps more $$$$ but make sure you go for a ride to back up what i'm saying. The 635L hull is a very good classic when set up correctly.

cheer's

Julian

Duckfish
12-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Ditto to that. Maybe a full hull extension would give you more room but a 635L is a classic.
Duck

Pazz01
12-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Cheers guys, thanks for your opinions. Julian, I'd love to get a 650 classic, but just too much money to have tied up only to be used occassionally for my liking.

Can I just ask, so I can report back to the rest of the family, as to reasonings for the 630 not being as good as the old girl? Are they very rolly at rest or do they not handle the rough very well?

I know the old girl is a classic, she handles the water pretty damn good and has brought us home many a day in 20knots plus days safe and sound. It was just a thought that's all, because the price of the 630 with a near new outboard is pretty cheap compared to putting a new outboard on the 635.

Pazz

ozscott
12-07-2010, 05:30 PM
. It was just a thought that's all, because the price of the 630 with a near new outboard is pretty cheap compared to putting a new outboard on the 635.

Pazz

Thats the Hard bit hey mate. I would have the same issue with the Vagabond one day if I looked at a re-power. Having said that the new hulls are that little bit wider generally and less rolly at rest and the sacrifice is sheet ability on the plane in the rough stuff for which the 635L would be hard to beat. I have not been in the new one, but understand exactly your reasoning. If you re-powered with a new motor you would want to hold her for the next 15-20 years.

Cheers

GBC
12-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I've never fished from one, but I've spent some time watching a 620 warrior running with us in a 680 while offshore and it looked pretty damn fine through the water to me.:-? I'm shattered.

Pazz01
13-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Thats the Hard bit hey mate. I would have the same issue with the Vagabond one day if I looked at a re-power. Having said that the new hulls are that little bit wider generally and less rolly at rest and the sacrifice is sheet ability on the plane in the rough stuff for which the 635L would be hard to beat. I have not been in the new one, but understand exactly your reasoning. If you re-powered with a new motor you would want to hold her for the next 15-20 years.

Cheers

That's the thing we are thinking about Scott. Not really sure what to do at this stage. If all reports are correct its hard to decide. Like for the old 635l, if you add up a new trailer (eventually), outboard that's upwards of $35k, I have reservations actually how much you'd be able to sell it for. I see old girls like the 213c for sale here in cairns, fully re-done and they are not getting their asking price of 40-50k. But I hear down south they are?

Pazz

Pazz01
13-07-2010, 08:33 AM
I've never fished from one, but I've spent some time watching a 620 warrior running with us in a 680 while offshore and it looked pretty damn fine through the water to me.:-? I'm shattered.

Thanks mate, really got me confused now. ha ha ha. When asking for opinions you always seem to try and find one with the answer you originally started with.

Come on people, more most know about the 630 Breeze. You don't see too many 620sf or 630 Breeze's for sale. Is that because they weren't popular? or because they were a dud? Especially when you compare to a 650 Classic or 680 patriot. And considering the price difference between the the breeze and classic you are talking a good 25-30k price difference for a second hand one.

Pazz

death_ship
13-07-2010, 05:41 PM
i doubt the breeze would be built heavier than the 635L which means the ride wouldnt be as good but you get a newer hull which means less time to rot, with all the new features as well as newer trailer and hopefully a 4 stroke. it really is more economical to sell and buy something newer, but not brand new. IMO

Pazz01
14-07-2010, 10:12 AM
i doubt the breeze would be built heavier than the 635L which means the ride wouldnt be as good but you get a newer hull which means less time to rot, with all the new features as well as newer trailer and hopefully a 4 stroke. it really is more economical to sell and buy something newer, but not brand new. IMO

Thanks Death ship, that was the kinda thought we were going on. However, it's got an optimax with 400hours on it. Which is not heaps, but a fair few for a 4 year old boat.

Still pondering. I'd hate to go spend the money and regret it because handling etc was worse then the current one. The 635L has served its purpose for the 15 years we've had it, we've caught heaps of fish, so we can't complain really.

Pazz

L-Plate
14-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Hello

Not sure if this helps, but we have a 600R breeze 2008. She is beautiful, and a very comfortable ride as well as very reliable in many different seas. Don't know if this is a comparable comment for your 635 but i feel very safe in our boat. My husband and I have reasonable experience working on boats but not alot owning a boat so opinion is limited by this.

Good luck with your decision.
Jo