PDA

View Full Version : New Seafarer VSea

hellboy
10-07-2010, 04:06 PM
After a lot of thinking, dreaming, research etc i've finally ordered a VSea. Now I understand why so many of you post your new boat orders on here, it's a bloody great feeling once the order is placed. It was a tough decision, coz there are so many great boats out there, but i've owned a VSea before and its probably that fact the made up my mind. I ordered it thru Family Boats in Blacktown, as there aren't any Seafarer dealers in Qld at the moment.
It will be mainly a fishing boat, so i'm getting live bait tank plumbing, bait board as the main options. Also went for hydraulic steering. Will be powered by a DF90 - I hear so many great comments about the suzukis, they must be pretty good.
The only thing I have to organise is a sounder/gps combo. I'm sure there are lots of forums already on here that will give me an idea of what does the best job.
Anyway, now i have to sit and wait for 9-12 weeks. Gonna be a long, long wait I think......

ozscott
10-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the Seafarer fraternity mate...you wont look back I reckon!

Cheers

Chimo
10-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Yep What Ozscott said, Seafarer will see you safe.

Cheers
Chimo

Jarrah Jack
10-07-2010, 05:37 PM
My mate has a Vamp which is the same hull. He has a 70 rude on his which has to work hard sometimes. We were just discussing today what would be the best motor to upgrade for it. I'll be very interested to read a report about what you think after the long wait. I was pushing for a Zuk.

Welcome to the Seafarer and to the Suzuki world, I think once you have one you'll be hooked like most of us are.

gr hilly
10-07-2010, 05:37 PM
no doubt about that,i did hundreds of bar crossings and rescues in Seaferer's at Beenleigh air sea rescue in the 80s they are a great boat for all conditions.
cheers Hilly

hellboy
13-07-2010, 10:12 AM
thx for the good wishes.
the only saving grace for me is that breakthelines is picking up his new Vantage next week. So i'll get to ride in a seafarer for a while:)

jj, i'll definitely post a fuel consumption thread once i take delivery and do a decent trip

Argle
13-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Congrats on the new purchase - the wait will seem like forever but it will roll around soon enough.
Does the boat have to go to the dealer in Sydney before you get it or are you able to pick it up straight from the Haines factory?
It seems strange that they dont have a QLD dealer?
You will love your Suzy, they are a sweet sweet engine

Cheers
Scott

hellboy
14-07-2010, 08:23 AM
gday scott.
the boat will be completely fitted out at the haines factory, so it won't go back to sydney at all. I think they are going to announce a new qld dealer soon. i guess the boat business is tough at the moment and its hard to get new dealerships started.
I previously had a yammy 4stroke which was fantastic, but I've heard so much good stuff about the suzis. Be interesting to do a comparison.
cheers,
noel

Argle
14-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Ok cool, I was hoping that would be the case, see if you can organise a factory tour while the boat is being built, we went on one while our 580 was being built and it was a really interesting look at how they all come together.
Cant really comment on the Yammy cause ive never owned one but coming from a 90hp 3 cyl two banger merc that used to do an irish jig on the transom mate the 175hp Suzy is light years ahead!!

Cheers
Scott

Moonlighter
14-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Congratulations Noel! Great feeling to have a new boat on the way.

Yep, the wait between ordering and delivery seems to take forever - went thru the same experience myself in March-April this year.

You will love the Suzi - I've got the 115 and they are a sweet bit of gear. I very nearly went with the new 90 because its a lot lighter, supposed to be a great motor, very fuel efficient.

If you are looking for a authorised Suzi agent to service her when you get her home, I can highly recommend Jon Eadie - he's mobile and does great work at very reasonable prices. Really knows his stuff. I'm pretty sure he heads down to the Gold Coast every now and then to service all the VMR/Coastguard boats down there that are fitted with Suzui's.

Cheers

ML

adam sharkcat
19-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi all ,congrats on your new seafarer vsea.I owned a 2000 vsea.ive had many of boats,cats and monos,and i have to say ,the 5mtr vsea is the best pound for pound 5mtr boat bar none.mine was powered tith a 90 hp evinrude 2 banger,then replaced it with a 115hp etec.this hull can easy handle bigger hp.its ride is very under rated.one of Australia's best 5mtr boat.:)
After a lot of thinking, dreaming, research etc i've finally ordered a VSea. Now I understand why so many of you post your new boat orders on here, it's a bloody great feeling once the order is placed. It was a tough decision, coz there are so many great boats out there, but i've owned a VSea before and its probably that fact the made up my mind. I ordered it thru Family Boats in Blacktown, as there aren't any Seafarer dealers in Qld at the moment.
It will be mainly a fishing boat, so i'm getting live bait tank plumbing, bait board as the main options. Also went for hydraulic steering. Will be powered by a DF90 - I hear so many great comments about the suzukis, they must be pretty good.
The only thing I have to organise is a sounder/gps combo. I'm sure there are lots of forums already on here that will give me an idea of what does the best job.
Anyway, now i have to sit and wait for 9-12 weeks. Gonna be a long, long wait I think......

SALTY"D"
20-07-2010, 01:17 AM
no doubt about that,i did hundreds of bar crossings and rescues in Seaferer's at Beenleigh air sea rescue in the 80s they are a great boat for all conditions.
cheers Hilly

If memory serves me correctly they had either a v-sea or was it the viking with twin 70's on it, do you remember that boat hilly.

Voltzy
21-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Hellboy, great buy. I cant wait to see how it goes for you.

I have a vamp with a 115hp Opti on it.

hellboy
25-08-2010, 10:48 PM
argggghhhhhhh.......boat will ready early....yay
then i get a letter from gold coast council - monterey keys lock closure originally 02-27aug now extended for THREE WEEKS!!!
as im not getting a trailer, that means i have to wait for delivery.
my sympathies to all the other people who can't get their boats in or out, i'm sure the council will be forthcoming with a refund...hahahaha