PDA

View Full Version : Why did Lee Rayner leave ifish??

TheFishRaider
09-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Ifish is one of my fav shows.
I know its been a while but i never got to ask why lee left at the start of season 3.
I thought they were good buds and both worked well together.
Just out of curiosity.

ffejsmada
09-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Because Paul Worsterling is the most annoying tool on the idiot box!

Lee felt embarrassed about Worsterling's fakeness and his pathetic carry-on!;)

FNQCairns
09-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Who is Lee Rainer when he not at home?

I have only ever seen that Paul bloke on ifish...are the TV episodes that far behind or something?

TheFishRaider
09-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Who is Lee Rainer when he not at home?

I have only ever seen that Paul bloke on ifish...are the TV episodes that far behind or something?
He was on ifish in the first two seasons then he left

TheFishRaider
09-07-2010, 10:14 PM

lol he does carry on a bit doesnt he by the way i like ur evil kitty picture lol

bennykenny
09-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Rayner bought his own tackle shop and worsterling cracked the shits, now they are no longer mates

Snapperscott
09-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Lee and Morne started up Fishing Fever and Paul wasn't happy.

Lee is now on a new tv show (name escapes me atm).

http://www.fishingfever.com.au/

I had the pleasure of staying with Morne at Bermi for a competition and both are great blokes. Although not having met Paul I reckon he be ok to. Obviously just business priorities once again getting in the way of friendships.

Ahh like all the good rock n roll bands.

scott.

gr hilly
10-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Rayner bought his own tackle shop and worsterling cracked the shits, now they are no longer mates

this is true about Rayner buying his own shop,however he was constantly out fishing Paul and his fishing know how was far better,just to watch him on the rod and compare with Worsteling shows how the later must of felt its hard to be out fished on your own show.
cheers Hilly

Sea-Dog
10-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Lee and Morne started up Fishing Fever and Paul wasn't happy.

Lee is now on a new tv show (name escapes me atm).

http://www.fishingfever.com.au/

I had the pleasure of staying with Morne at Bermi for a competition and both are great blokes. Although not having met Paul I reckon he be ok to. Obviously just business priorities once again getting in the way of friendships.

Ahh like all the good rock n roll bands.

scott.

I heard that Keith Richards has just released his autobiography where he criticises Mick Jagger for all of his drug taking and womanising.

Mick responded saying "I thought that you'd have to be able to remember your life to write a book about it"

Salad Fingers
10-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Far out just watching old mate Paul on Austar right now, he is a seriously grating dude, i dont know how anyone could work with him.
I cringe watching his show - he comes accross that disingenuous.
Probably just his personality and im sure hes a nice dude in real life (?) but meh, if he didnt go to such nice places sometimes I wouoldnt watch his show.

wags on the water
10-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Maybe Scotty Hilliar and Paul could work together.....

gr hilly
10-07-2010, 09:40 AM
they are all repeats now anyway
Hilly

TheFishRaider
10-07-2010, 11:10 AM
wow is that really what happened i never knew that

Smithy
10-07-2010, 11:35 AM
And Lee married Rex Hunt's daughter and is good mates with Matthew Hunt, Rex's son, who runs a charter boat down there.

two dogs
10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
perish the though wags... those words made me ill

therapy
13-07-2010, 02:56 AM
Maybe Scotty Hilliar and Paul could work together.....

Crikey Wags!! Spare a thought for the poor bugger on the wheel for that episode. He wouldn't want to turn off his motor's (hopefully 2 stroke's!!) and probably end up with 7 inch gulps stuffed in his ear's!!:o ;D :o ;D

Cheers....Terry.......

Almako
13-07-2010, 08:19 AM
I must have missed the episode where they announced him leaving.
I have to say I am often a lounge chair fisherman and am getting bored of the show, I'm reasonable new and am still looking for hints, tips, techniques, fishing times, places, moon phases etc etc etc and all of that seems to have almost disapeared from the show. All that is left is Paul laughing ho ho ho! how good is this! he says. Not really that entertaining anymore, but i'll keep watching.

Noelm
13-07-2010, 09:08 AM
not too sure too much should be taken from fishing shows, sure there maybe an odd tip here and there, but mostly it is just edited viewing that makes it look like they are getting a fish every cast on a XXX plastic, then half Australia goes out next day and stocks up on puce pink 4.5" soft willies and catch bugger all, because they are not in some paradise and have a whole day casting and catching minimal amounts, not condensed into about 5 mins of Ifish or some other show..

Sheik
13-07-2010, 10:22 AM
not too sure too much should be taken from fishing shows, sure there maybe an odd tip here and there, but mostly it is just edited viewing that makes it look like they are getting a fish every cast on a XXX plastic, then half Australia goes out next day and stocks up on puce pink 4.5" soft willies and catch bugger all, because they are not in some paradise and have a whole day casting and catching minimal amounts, not condensed into about 5 mins of Ifish or some other show..
Not only that mate but they're often paid big bucks to do shows in certain locations, therefore they are taken to the best spots at the best times to make a place look as good as possible. Have met a few and some hosts are bloody clowns who wouldn't know their a$rse from their elbow while some others are good people who are genuinely friendly to ANYONE they meet. (even Dudds).
jim

finding_time
13-07-2010, 10:54 AM

Yep that about sums it up, many a time i was watching that show thinking " Why doesn't Lee just smack that tosser in the head. Paul Worsterling is truely a very annoying pain in the @rse!

Marlin_Mike
13-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Yep that about sums it up, many a time i was watching that show thinking " Why doesn't Lee just smack that tosser in the head. Paul Worsterling is truely a very annoying pain in the @rse!

Dont mean to be rude or anything else, but...........................

If Paul Worsteling was such a pain in the @rse and over the top and a tosser and seriously grating, why do so many of you watch his show and then whinge about him? :-? :-? Change channels or turn the TV off. Simple - There Paul's gone. ;) :P If you dont like his show dont watch it then whinge...........;D ;D

Noelm
13-07-2010, 01:43 PM
yeah, that works for me, I do not watch hardly any fishing shows these days, and never ever watch Ifish or Fishing WA ever, under any circumstances, and the others are just too dull to watch some goose catch a Snapper on plastics time and time again. Seems to be the only thing they catch these days, Snapper on Plastics or Barra in some obscure river. Oh, and you can be as rude as you like, most can take it.

finding_time
13-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Dont mean to be rude or anything else, but...........................

If Paul Worsteling was such a pain in the @rse and over the top and a tosser and seriously grating, why do so many of you watch his show and then whinge about him? :-? :-? Change channels or turn the TV off. Simple - There Paul's gone. ;) :P If you dont like his show dont watch it then whinge...........;D ;D

MM
I just watch them for the E-TEC advertisments!!!;D ;D ;D ;D Bahahahahahahhahhahh!!

Now seriously:o you can enjoy the footage and you will always pick up a tip or two, but there have been plenty of times where Paul's proved way to much and i flicked channel!!! I still look now and then though, i guess i just love fishing more than i detest Mr Worstering!!;) This is probably the same reason i've now noticed i've broken the 50 barrier for the number of rod and reel outfits i've got in the shed:-[ :-[ It's a bad bad sickness!!!

Ian

Ps. I also love my Rugby, but i detest Gordon ( i'm a complete tosser) Bray's commentary with a passion that's biblical, he has wrecked more games for me as a viewer than i can count, but unless i sit there with the sound off , i have to put up with his inanity's so i can hear more relevent comments for the others on the team who know what there talking about, it's a catch 22 and i'm well and truely caught!!

Marlin_Mike
13-07-2010, 08:35 PM
MM
I just watch them for the E-TEC advertisments!!!;D ;D ;D ;D Bahahahahahahhahhahh!!

Now seriously:o you can enjoy the footage and you will always pick up a tip or two, but there have been plenty of times where Paul's proved way to much and i flicked channel!!! I still look now and then though, i guess i just love fishing more than i detest Mr Worstering!!;) This is probably the same reason i've now noticed i've broken the 50 barrier for the number of rod and reel outfits i've got in the shed:-[ :-[ It's a bad bad sickness!!!

Ian

Ps. I also love my Rugby, but i detest Gordon ( i'm a complete tosser) Bray's commentary with a passion that's biblical, he has wrecked more games for me as a viewer than i can count, but unless i sit there with the sound off , i have to put up with his inanity's so i can hear more relevent comments for the others on the team who know what there talking about, it's a catch 22 and i'm well and truely caught!!

I think his worst episode was the one he took his mum fishing and they caught those elephant fish..... bloody ugly fish they are.....

Mike

bdaearth
13-07-2010, 08:43 PM
I really liked the early ifish but it is more like 30mins of advertising so have not watch for a while. it all started going down hill when lee left and went from bad to worse when Paul decided it was a good idea to bring the misses along??? (even if she isn't that bad on the eye)

Barry Ehsman
13-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Between Worsterling or Rob Paxavanis on fishing Australia (Don't know which would be the biggest pain in the a@se) Hate to spend a day with either....

But i still watch their shows bacause i love fishing...

Cheers baz

manchild
13-07-2010, 08:52 PM
I can personally attest to it that Paul is a genuine guy.I knew him before he got famous and had only 1 tackleshop.He was just a same .He could talking abut the current hotspots and techniques that week and get just as exited.He would spend an hour with a customer to make sure he walks out of the shop with the best possible rod .I havent watched his show or any show for a long time for that matter,I Krystal on the show now ?

rabbi
14-07-2010, 01:25 AM
Rather watch THE BUSHTUCKER MAN catch a fish with a ball of grass n a forky stick.

Although the episode where Paul got pulled over the side of a charter boat in WA

catching Samson was rather entertaining :)

But having said that, I reckon I could provide a bit of light entertainment.

Where was that camera when me mate gaffed me in the left butt cheek with a big jew gaff!! :D

finga
14-07-2010, 07:27 AM
I know its been a while but i never got to ask why lee left at the start of season 3.
I thought they were good buds and both worked well together.
Just out of curiosity.
Maybe the other bloke constantly ate banana's on board and he got sick of the stink??
Maybe he just wanted to stay at home for a spell??
Maybe he got seasick all the time??
Maybe he went all greenie, went vegan and stopped fishing??
maybe he missed his mum's lamb roast on Sunday's??

Who know's for sure....

charleville
14-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Now let's see, who are the blokes who make me want to do an "Elvis Presley" and shoot the TV?

In no particular order....

1. Paul Worseling
2. Scott Hillier
3. Paul Burt
4. The bloke who used to do his own "Rugs a Million" advertisements
5. The bloke with the big 'Adams apple' who does the Youi insurance advertisements

Strangely though, whilst Worseling's style is very "Rex Hunt" in style, I don't harbour the same abhorrence about watching Rex. Maybe that persistent supercilious grin of Worselings gets me.

Noelm
14-07-2010, 08:26 AM
I think a lot of people sre getting confused about whether a TV fishing host is a great guy or not, plenty have said that they know so and so and he is a fantastic bloke, that may well be the case, I am pretty sure they all would be nice guys, but when you are just a "talking head" on a TV show, then that is the person we see, and the more idiotic phrases that you repeat over and over, the more viewers get irritated and turn off your show, lets just thing for a second about the repeated crap, wooo hooo, a free fousand sized reel, stop the bus, gone like last weeks pay, down his pie hole, yibbity yibbita, I like your work, thank your mother for the rabbits, berkely, Shimano, fireline, jesus it could go on for days!

charleville
14-07-2010, 08:38 AM
the more idiotic phrases that you repeat over and over, the more viewers get irritated and turn off your show, lets just thing for a second about the repeated crap, wooo hooo, a free fousand sized reel, stop the bus, gone like last weeks pay, down his pie hole, yibbity yibbita, I like your work, thank your mother for the rabbits, berkely, Shimano, fireline, jesus it could go on for days!

....followed by, "That's what it is all about, folks!"

;D

RJ5023
14-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Wildfish was the pick of the crop. Pity it's not around anymore - that was a show worth watching!

Cheers,

Cheech
14-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I think the show improved when he left. Yes I liked having him on, but they use to bait each other so much it was like a poor comedy show. I also think he makes more of an effort nowdays to explain the rigs he is using and techniques.

Lots of commercials, but I have a Tivo so skip all the rubbish.

A lot of the comments here are typical aussie bashing. We all want to be able to see more fishing on tv, but when someone gets in front of the camera, there is a queue ready to slag them. Same thing with Cadel on one of the other threads.

With having his wife on the show, I think that is excellent. It adds a family dimension to it rather than just a blokes pass time. Promoting fishing to a wider audience is a good thing.

Just my thoughts.

backhoe
14-07-2010, 09:53 AM
There was a fishing show called Hooked on Fishing on 7TWO at 5pm saturday. Have only caught a bit of it last week and looked OK. Pom and some yanks who were actually catching some fish and not talking themselves up much. Got to wonder why the 7 Network would put it on at the same time as Creek to Coast though. You would think even a television programmer could work out that they'll attract the same audience.

Almako
14-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Extreme fishing with Robson Green on Lifestyle channel is worth a watch. He's a classic and definately doesn't talk himself up.