PDA

View Full Version : Where to locate rego label QLD?

odes20
09-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Sounds like a stupid question, as the paper it comes on says on port side near rego numbers . Has this changed as for years I had mine on the dash of my boat as that was allowed.

Bit nervous about getting it washed off. Anyone had any washed off?

Any thoughts?
John

Chimo
09-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Port side

Some have lost theirs, clean the area first and place it high.

Cheers
Chimo

greenie61
09-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Never had a drama with mine, Lucky to get it off sometimes, & i've allways had it near the rego numbers.

dreemon
09-07-2010, 02:49 PM
I've had one fly off and that was from not cleaning the glue from the last sticker, main roads sent me anouther strait away and no charge :D

Kero
09-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Mine is on the port side window of the screen. It never peels off and is easily visible to authorites that want to look at it.

mitchdemeanor
09-07-2010, 04:50 PM
i reckon the authorities would have to be pretty anal to ping you on the distance between the rego numbers and the sticker, mines more than half the boat length away from my rego numbers high up on the cabin

Pridey
09-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Got mine near rego numbers. Surprisingly sticky.. hard to get off.

Hornet Rider
09-07-2010, 08:08 PM
odes, put mine port side of cc, protected from the elements, not exactly in compliance for QLD as I think it's meant to be on the port side of the boat, but I've been inspected by QLD water police & MSQ for rego, saftey gear, charts etc & both said nothing about where the label was positioned. Logged the date/time of those separate inspections & if the next time I get inspected I get chipped I'll flash out the saftey log (small book in zip lock bag) & see how that goes - might work.

cheers, HR

fez
09-07-2010, 08:16 PM
With the poly the stickers struggle to stick so I used a rego holder (normally used on trailers) and zip tied this to the frame of the canopy.

Works for me.

fez

theangryangler
10-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Got pulled up by qld fisheries few weeks ago and was told port side on the hull above waterline where easily readible for them when pulloing along side. And a fine can be applied if told then found again. i asked if i could put inside boat and was told no only as listed above.

trueblue
10-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I got pulled up by the coppers for a short chat, and they pulled along side in their inflatable

my rego sticker was port side, right next to the rego stickers, but their boat was obscuring it and they moaned

I asked where to put it, and they advised putting it higher on the side of the cabin so it was easier to see

hard bunch to please

odes20
10-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Got pulled up by qld fisheries few weeks ago and was told port side on the hull above waterline where easily readible for them when pulloing along side. And a fine can be applied if told then found again. i asked if i could put inside boat and was told no only as listed above.

So in your case and also with True Blue the Officers told you contary info to the sheet info that comes with the sticker and website info. One of my mates here in Cairns has his on the side panel of his windshield port side.

I like what they said however. I think I will put mine up along the cab port side

Thanks heaps guys

John

Angla
10-07-2010, 10:43 PM
There was a problem with dodgy glue a few years ago and I lost 3 stickers in a row ( stuck above the waterline, down near the rego numbers ) then it was advised that it was allowed to have the stickers on the port side as high as the windshield. For 3 years I have had them on the port side windshield. I have just recently started re applying them back down at the rego numbers with no problems as yet

Cheers
Chris