PDA

View Full Version : Yatala Boats

LoungeLizard
09-07-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm interested in buying a used boat from these guys and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them, good or bad? Anyone in particular I should talk to there? Cheers.

ozscott
09-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Dont know if Yatala Boats is the place below, nor whether it is the same owner now, cause this was about 10 years or more ago:

I went to a boat place right on the roundabout and on the entry road back onto the M1 southbound once....I liked the look of a 16 foot mustang. There was a tall heavily built bloke who seem to run the place. The Mustang was advertised with all safety gear included...look in the boat, not there. He said to bad it didnt have any....right. I bounced up and down on the floor, it was like a trampoline....asked him about that and he said it was "normal" for Mustangs....he tried to start the engine cold....told me the oat and the Merc 70 it had on the back was a local mobile mechanics boat and that the engine was in perfect nic....hose and muffs on....cranked for 15 mins no go with choke on or off....told me that he would get the mechanic owner (it was on consignment) to come and start it and he was sure like all outboards that once you owned it you would work out how to start it up....I walked without another word. Never went back funnily enough for myself, but went in with a mate who insisted on looking at a Don Johnson Miami Mice boat...this thing was a piece of crap. The same bloke said he would tow it (on the fully clapped out trailer) down to the Nerang and drop it in the water and then my mate was on his own if he bought it....trailer not included it seemed...that was, happily my last visit after my mate got the same impression of things.

Cheers

LoungeLizard
09-07-2010, 09:42 AM
That's the place, well according to Google anyway. Not sounding too promising :(

ozscott
09-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Hopefully it has changed owners mate.

Cheers

camboy
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm interested in buying a used boat from these guys and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them, good or bad? Anyone in particular I should talk to there? Cheers.

There are several boat shops in the immediate area you speak of. One very reputable place is Yatala Yamaha. Paul is the owner and I would recommend him and his business highly. If this is the place you are referring to, I do not believe that you will have any issues.
I have no affiliation with this business, just good experiences each time I have dealt there.
Hope this will help.

Cheers,
Camboy

gr hilly
09-07-2010, 10:38 AM
i wouldn't touch a thing there unless you take a good reliable mech with you mate they bought a boat off a mate with a clapped out motor they sold it within 1 week to another and told him a load of crap about it.
hilly

PinHead
09-07-2010, 10:44 AM
I guess it is like anything...some people have nothing but bad things to say about some dealers and there will probably be good things said by others. I know one dealership i would not waste my time walking into again but others, some on here ,swear by them. And, the delaership i have had good relationships with, others probably hate them.
If there is something you want there, then it really comes down to you and how you are treated personally.

LoungeLizard
09-07-2010, 10:51 AM
One very reputable place is Yatala Yamaha.

Paul's place is a little to the SE of Yatala Boats. Do you know if he'll be able to do an inspection on the boat? It's got a etec on it

i wouldn't touch a thing there unless you take a good reliable mech with you mate they bought a boat off a mate with a clapped out motor they sold it within 1 week to another and told him a load of crap about it.
hilly

Yeah the whole deal sounded a bit too good to be true which got my spidey senses tingling ...

I guess it is like anything...some people have nothing but bad things to say about some dealers ...

Agree but if several people think there are things going on then I'd say it's wise to either steer clear or go in with both eyes and ears wide open.

gr hilly
09-07-2010, 11:03 AM
get a copy of the albert and logan news and see who the boat yard is that advertises (boats wanted on consignment)that tells you something.
Hilly

camboy
09-07-2010, 01:21 PM
"Paul's place is a little to the SE of Yatala Boats. Do you know if he'll be able to do an inspection on the boat? It's got a etec on it"

Possibly he could, why not call him and ask?

Good luck,
Camboy