PDA

View Full Version : Need to identify and value my boat

Mr Pete
08-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Can anyone tell me what Model this Haines Hunter is? also maybe approx value as I am looking to sell it and upgrade. I know it is an early 90's hull and a 96 model motor, i just need more info on the hull. It would be V146? something. I am not sure what the letters stand for after the numbers. Any help is good help!

dodgyone
08-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Exact model I cant help you with.
Seems to be in pretty good condition. I would think around the 8-9000 mark to be reasonable.

Jarrah Jack
08-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Its not a 146 or a 445 . My bet would be a signiture 470 or 1550. Its hard to tell from those pics. Any pics with a side view. How long is the hull exactly? That woud be a good place to start.

Price would be very much on condition. Any rot in the hull? Whats the motor like, a mechanics report makes people comfortable buying from afar.

Not too many Haines selling on fleabay at the moment and if you were to put it on there you would be lucky to get 7k. Have a look at the Haineses on boat point and another trading site and see what they are asking.

Hope that helps.

gr hilly
09-07-2010, 08:27 AM
whats your location if its close ill have a gander.
Hilly

FNQCairns
09-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Shot in the dark, if it's not a HH...novacraft?

NTMID8
09-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Definently not a signature, i have the 470f (see attached)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd78/NTMID_8/th_DSC00969.jpg (http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd78/NTMID_8/?action=view&current=DSC00969.jpg)

To me it doesnt look like a Haines as the transom height is to great, most of the early haines (incl sig) had low transom drops were the motor sat (see attached)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd78/NTMID_8/th_DSC00971.jpg (http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd78/NTMID_8/?action=view&current=DSC00971.jpg)

Hornet Rider
09-07-2010, 08:20 PM
What does that writing on the upper port transom say?

cheers, HR

Mr Pete
09-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Hilly

I am in Carbrook 4130

Mr Pete
09-07-2010, 11:02 PM
What does that writing on the upper port transom say?

cheers, HR

It is just advertising for the guy who did the boat name!

ozscott
09-07-2010, 11:06 PM
I hope for your sake its not a Nova mate - the front looks awfully familiar. Nothing about it from the photos looks Haines...I am getting heady flashbacks to a Nova 5 metre that was such a dog it was downright unsafe....arghh!!!

Cheers

PS. True it is that Novas had built other hulls than the one I was in many times...having said that whilst the big brands have good and better hulls, I cant think of any that have built hulls as sh1thouse as the Nova I was in...and it was set up as best it could be too...

Mr Pete
09-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Shot in the dark, if it's not a HH...novacraft?

It certianly isn't a novacraft they are way different. I have Been told it is Haines by many dealers but they just cant tell me model.

Mr Pete
09-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Hilly

If anyone is heading that way they are quite welcome to see it in action.

I am hoping to take it out on Sunday for run before I detail it and fix clips and bits and if I go I will be leaving from either Redland Bay, Victoria Point or Wellington Point I will know on Saturday Morning.

gr hilly
10-07-2010, 07:16 AM
I am in Carbrook 4130

so am i what a blast.

Hornet Rider
10-07-2010, 07:30 AM
so am i what a blast.

lmao hilly, I sense you sense another possible addition to your fleet :P

cheers, HR

NTMID8
10-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Ive searched and searched and i really cant see it being a haines of any vintage. The reasons for this are:
The high transom height, all the haines/haines signatures etc all had low dips on the transom and the early ones (90's and older) had steel strapping to cover where the engine sat.
The dash is not like any haines ive ever seen and the glass is so straight, the haines had curved glass or the glass would sit on the top of the cabin.
Also with the dash the old ones had a door to go into the cabin and the newer ones the left side of the dash would sweep up allowing easier access to the cabin.

Im inclined to think its more of a nova shape, maybe even a possible haines copy but i dont believe she is a haines. Another point to check im pretty sure that haines stamped there transoms.

Steeler
10-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I think it is a ad

ozscott
10-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Steeler - I think your probably right.

Pete - Mate it does not look like any Haines I have seen. Dont believe what dealers tell you. People looking at this thread will no doubt find it hard to accept that it is a Haines.

Do the chickens roost in it?

ozscott
10-07-2010, 02:24 PM
...given that my Seafarer which is much older than that boat still has its stickers - both Seafarer and Vagabond I would be surprised if a 90's Haines didnt have "Haines" written on it...

Cheers

Pridey
10-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Need more photos, as said before, a side profile and exact hull length

Justlenny073
11-07-2010, 02:10 PM
hey why not ring up dept of transport give them ur hull no and boat rego they will you the year your boat was amde and stuff, tthats what i did

gr hilly
11-07-2010, 02:53 PM
lmao hilly, I sense you sense another possible addition to your fleet :P

cheers, HR no mate i don't want another boat mate, but ive lived here for 42 yrs and if i can be of help to a local i will with pleasure so in this case your senses are adrift, however he has not replied so no probs to me however i do have a couple of locals that have asked me to keep an eye out for a good boat for them,around my place people seem to help each other, maybe thats why i have lived here for so long and will live here till i drop.most people know me that live here,some even call it hills country lol. ::)
cheers Hilly

gr hilly
14-07-2010, 07:28 AM
i have been and had a look,the first thing i noticed was the transom it has been rebuilt, same as the nose of the boat having a anchor well added the screen also is not original,but a good job has been done,however i do think this boat is a Haines there are no stickers as the boat has been re painted and does not need work apart from tarting up someone at sometime has spent a lot of time doing this little beauty up.

Jarrah Jack
14-07-2010, 09:29 AM
I wonder if its a 460 then. Don't see many of them. Did you work out the length Hilly?

gr hilly
14-07-2010, 10:49 AM
460 is about rite mate