PDA

View Full Version : addvise for cania gorge

jason p
08-07-2010, 10:19 AM
hi all taking the family camping for the week at cania gorge tourist park havnt been there before but have heard good things about the place. heading up there next thursday,, lol and have convinced the miss we need to take the boat;D so we can appreciate the veiws of the lake from a different aspect;) .
my five year old is getting the fishing bug and im sure he would love to catch a fresh water fish as he hasnt done so before,me too,and any hints, places, tactics, types of lures or bait what to look for and any other info would be muchly appreciated by myself and zen (the young fella) to help catch a feed we will also be putting in some pots.
all info will help and thanks for the time

jp

Barry Ehsman
09-07-2010, 06:35 PM
C'mon fella's i'm goin on a trip in November somewere after bass & was wondering myself how the dam was going after the fish kill earlier in the year, Might have to Borumba,,Heard a lot of good things about it..

Cheers Baz

TheRealAndy
09-07-2010, 06:54 PM
I am by no means a freshwater expert, but what we found at cania dam was that fishing the weed beds opposite from where you launch produced bass. Fish dawn and dusk. The bigger bass we got were at the edge of the weedbeds that dropped of into deep canyons. Keep and eye on your sounder.

Took us a while to figure them out, but a slow retrieve is crucuial.

I was using hard body lures, mad mullet from memory, about 5" long. My mate was using pink soft plastic, paddle tail and he was also getting smashed. I saw some other guys getting heaps on a lure that looked like a switchblade.

jason p
10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
haha thanks baz for stirring the bee hive:)

TheRealAndy thanks for the usefull info mate ill have a fish around the weed beds you mentioned, you got me excited with those deep canyons,interesting,sounds great. im a salt water fisho so this will be a learning experiance for me and with a little guidance from people with the now how should be an eventfull 1.

cheers jp