PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for this bunch!!

ThePinkPanther
07-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Last year I wandered onto a website called Bait On Line, an Australian company.

Had a look at it and then moved on. Think I may have signed up for newsletters etc. but nothing of a binding nature - never got anything anyway!

Anyhow, today I get an email asking for $75.00 for annual renewal of my website - which I don't have!!

When I called them I got a very terse response saying to virtually pay up or lose my advertising on their site!

Also sent them an email but again never got a response................

OK, maybe it was a genuine communications error but they wouldn't be the first gang to send out invoices to people, many of whom just pay up without question.

Interested to hear if other members/readers have had a similar experience?

theangryangler
07-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Bit diff to this but i had my name and mobile number turn up on a website sellin cars that i had never used, Apparantly i was sellin 10 used cars at the same time and got a invoice for all these ads. I was not sellin anything at all and never did find out how or who gave them my details, and never heard back from them regarding payment or a answer on why i was on there in the first place. Did not pay and Still got good credit! Like you said most people just pay it ou of the fear their credit rating will be trashed!.

pescados
07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I would ignore them and don't pay.
To many shonks around nowdays.

charleville
07-07-2010, 02:30 PM
There are a lot of emails that I don't even bother opening these days.

There are too many shonky ones that might contain attachments with nasties attached.

snasman
07-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I got one from them today as well ,didnt open it as it went straight to junk mail folder.

Ninja
12-07-2010, 11:05 PM
I don't know about there website but I do buy boxes of XL IQF pillies and calamari from there brisbane outlet each year and am very happy with the service and product. See if they can shed light on the matter....3348 7288?? or just ignore it?