PDA

View Full Version : Spearfishing spots on the Gold coast

goldcoast
06-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Hey all, im really enjoying the forum gettin heaps of tips it keep it comin, im just new to spearfishing,i am landbased I have a RA 1000 sparid speargun with a 16mm rubber, i can dive down to about 4-5 metres. Does anyone have any spots they would recommend me to go?

Cheers

goldcoast
10-12-2010, 07:33 PM
please post

Spectre
16-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Mate try the outside of the Seaway rock walls when conditions are good.
You will see all sorts of critters.
Do NOT spear inside the Seaway .....it is totally closed !!!!!!!!!
Have fun...

spearking
19-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Burleigh Headland can be ok on a calm day but check your rules for spearing near tallebudgera ck, palmy has an ok reef a little closer than the main offshore reef google for location, outside seaway wall can produce and is good for improving lungs as it has variable depths, have herd of great spots down at fingal but never been but am keen to have a go if anyone has the know how and is up for it
hope this helps

fishboy018
28-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Hey mate i am new to spearfishing on the gold coast too. I actually need a buddy for diving if you are keen? I have been diving for years but havent had a crack landbased on the goldy yet. If you are keen to have a go with me one time (maybe check out the seaway wall and burleigh and maybe hastings point in northern new south wales) send me a pm.
Tyson

Bag limit
11-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Hey guys just getting into spearfishing but would be good to go out in a group, I also have a boat to get to the good spots.