PDA

View Full Version : new boat new to the forum

jarrod_geelong
04-07-2010, 07:11 PM
hello people
new around here love the site well ive upgraded from a tinny to a 5.2m stacer caddy cab type set up pick her up on friday and im counting down the days i tell ya. just need a couple of good spots round PPB im living in leopold geelong

Steeler
04-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Welcome Jarrod

Not a bad part of the world your from,don't tell me you drive a Ford and follow the cats and worship the ground GA Jnr walks on;).

Look foward to reading some of your threads and posts.

Steeler

rosco1974
04-07-2010, 08:00 PM
welcome mate ....all the best with your new boat..will keep an eye out for you 1st fishing report mate

cheers rosco

Angla
04-07-2010, 09:47 PM
What sort of things are you wanting to do. Are you thinking of using fresh/frozen baits, fresh caught bait or even some plastics?

What fish do you want to target?

Which ramp do you prefer to launch from?

Do you like early starts?

These answers may help others to help you. My suggestions would be to go out in the mornings and look for fresh bait (squid) and then head towards a reef area or deep water holes. Watch what others do in the same areas and do as they do with the fresh bait. Even the pylons around old wharves can hold good fish.

Cheers
Chris

Jarrah Jack
04-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the site, the best by a mile.

Now is a good time to be after snapper in corio bay, the big ones. Use the softer bait this time of the year as the fish aren't as agressive when the water is cold. As has been suggested fresh squid is always the best bait.

Its another art just catching them. Go to the local tackle store and ask for the best jigs and a spot to fish them if you want to give it a go.

Watch out where other boats are fishing for the snapper but make sure you give them plenty of room. Dawn, dusk and perhaps tide change is the best and probably only time you should be fishing for snapper at the moment if you are serious.

Cheers and good luck

jarrod_geelong
05-07-2010, 09:37 AM
thanks for the replys people
i do go for the cats but i drive a holden there steeler
id like to go for the snapper but catching one could be a something diffrent
there is pro angler tackle shop down the road from me
the boat ramp i use most is clifton springs boat ramp off jetty road as its only 5mins down the road but im not fussed where
early starts are fine as i think thats where i was going wrong when i was going out on the tinny i had
thanks for the help many thanks and i will post a fishing report from friday or saturday
Jarrod

Jarrah Jack
05-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Jarrod.....Now that you are serious there is a lot of learning to do. Your local guru Geoff Wilson knows the lot. Google him and read all his stuff on corio snapper. He has his own page/report, I think. Best of all would be to go out for a day with him, if he will act as guide. Won't hurt to ask. You'll be posting one of those big winter snapper in no time.

Cheers