PDA

View Full Version : Deckwash on a Barcrusher 620C

BigMav
28-06-2010, 06:01 PM
G'day everyone. I've got a Barcrusher 620C and I want to fit a deckwash unit to it. At the moment there is already a pump that is plumbed into the bait tank from the factory. I think I can use the inlet at the bottom of this pump as the pickup for the deckwash, can someone confirm this.

Also here is a couple of pics of how it is setup at the moment. The pump on the right is for the bait tank and it looks like the previous owner has put a t-piece in this line and put a piece of garden hose on the end as a kind of makeshift deck wash. I think I will just put a straight through connector here instead.

If anyone has the same boat as this I would love to see a couple of pics of this area if you have had deckwash fitted as standard so I can see where it is supposed to be mounted and what model Barcrusher are fitting as standard accessories.

Cheers Guys.

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/redmav/IMG_2139.sized.jpg

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/redmav/IMG_2140.sized.jpg

Chimo
28-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi mav

That pump is not a deck wash unit too little pressure and volume. IMHO all you will get will be a trickle compared to this http://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?item=67322&search123=deckwash&intAbsolutePage=1

You understand BOAT dont you? Bring out another thousand or in this case a bargain at only a third of the usual!

Cheers
Chimo

honda900
28-06-2010, 07:12 PM
try this one..

http://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?cat=133&item=67342

Regards
Honda.

White Pointer
28-06-2010, 07:21 PM
G'day,

I can't tell the pump rating from the picture but it's a lot smaller than mine.

It is a Johnson pump rated at 17.5lt/min. If not already fitted, you will need a variable screw tap for the bait tank so you can regulate the flow.

Also, ditch the garden hose and get a small diameter coiled hose that maintains pressure to a trigger nozzle.

Regards,

White Pointer

Matt76
28-06-2010, 07:29 PM
So the pump just picks up water from outside the boat? Its not from an onboard water tank is it?

BigMav
28-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Sorry guys I wasn't really clear on my previous post, yeah I know the pump is not a deckwash pump. I'll get rid of the garden hose. It's one of these.

http://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?cat=136&item=66755&intAbsolutePage=3

What I am thinking about is where can I install the deckwash pump that I purchase and can I use the bottom fitting of the existing bait tank pump (looks like I can) for the pickup on the deckwash pump. Cheers for the links though. Would still appreciate some feedback from Barcrusher owners who can tell me what the factory fitted units are and how they are installed. Thanks again.

Jon

BigMav
28-06-2010, 07:34 PM
So the pump just picks up water from outside the boat? Its not from an onboard water tank is it?

I was thinking about putting in some sort of changeover switch so I can use a fresh water tank to have a quick tub when fishing over a weekend. Dunno yet still thinking about it.

Out-Station
28-06-2010, 07:51 PM
BigMav, yes you can. Plumb the deck wash suction into the T you have that garden hose on today. Essentially the deck wash will suck through your existing livebait pump (this will work fine)and will also work on the plane since it looks as though you have a scoop on the bottom of the hull.

BUT - you will need to put a one way valve (cheap plastic one with a rubber ball in it) on the bait tank side of the T-Peace. So when you kick the deck wash into gear it can't suck air from the bait tank side and hence lose prime and not pump. The one way valve shuts and hence the the deck wash sucks in through the scoop, up through the livey pump into the deck wash pump and away you go.

My only other thoght would be to put a tap valve in between the T and your deck wash, if something messes up with the deck wash plumbing you want to be able to shut it of, otherwise you will have water going everywhere when your underway.

I have a setup in my rig pretty much the same, works fine.

cheer's Scott

WalFish
28-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Mav, my Formosa has a deck wash pump where your bilge style pump is and has a two-way tap where your T piece is with the garden hose. That way I can run the pump to the bait tank, or change the tap over and run it to the deck wash. My pump is mounted on the inside wall of the transom. Weighs a bit so needs to be fairly solid in the mounting. Not sure if I can run mine on the plane but certainly does the trick when anchored. The deck wash saves HOURS, yes HOURS of cleaning time when you get home. Most of my cleaning is done at the last fishing spot with a quick rinse with fresh when we get home. If you want, PM me your email and I will send a photo - having some technical difficulties at the moment.....

Tommo

bennyboy
28-06-2010, 08:51 PM
The blocked off outlet on the bottom of the live bait tank pump is where you want to take your deck wash pump hose off.
Get rid of that dodgy t piece with garden hose.
Get a Johnson pumps 19l/m deck wash kit and it will have most of your parts.
Mount the pump next to your dual batteries, run the hose (good quality hose) from the outlet on the bottom of the LBT pump up through the hole on your battery shelf and into your pump. Be careful of kinking the hose.
Cut a hole in the back of your side pocket and run your coil hose up the side pocket and connect the hose on the back of the connection back to the pump.
Take the carling switch off your johnson pump kit plate and put it in one of your spare switch blanks in your dash.
Bob's your fathers brother

MyWay
28-06-2010, 11:25 PM
yes u can do that as out station say
i did on my BC and when i use deck wash i have to shat that top tap in tank so dose not sucks air

my way

wrxhoon
29-06-2010, 11:06 PM
T[QUOTE]he blocked off outlet on the bottom of the live bait tank pump is where you want to take your deck wash pump hose off.
Get rid of that dodgy t piece with garden hose.

Thats what I will be doing if I was you .
You can then mount the deckwash pump ( high pressure piston pump) anywhere you like , mount it where its not going to be getting submerged in salt water , the electric motor will not last long if you do .

My 2002WA Trophy came like that standard from factory and works very well stationary or at anyspeed underway. The boat has a bronze scoop uner the hull and a bronze sea cock just in case any hoses burst of hose clamps come off you just shut the valve so you don't fill your boat .

deckie
29-06-2010, 11:48 PM
How about a 3 way ball valve with a handle..and placing it where its pretty easy to get at. If u need the deckwash just move the lever and it'll shut off the bait tank line. Can be used as a seacock also in case of issues. With that sized pump u;d need a real smooth bore small diam pressure hose that cant kink. As croc dundee said ..that aint a real pump. I can see u with a finger over the hose trying to squirt some dried pillie with a trickle..

BigMav
30-06-2010, 10:00 PM
How about a 3 way ball valve with a handle..and placing it where its pretty easy to get at. If u need the deckwash just move the lever and it'll shut off the bait tank line. Can be used as a seacock also in case of issues. With that sized pump u;d need a real smooth bore small diam pressure hose that cant kink. As croc dundee said ..that aint a real pump. I can see u with a finger over the hose trying to squirt some dried pillie with a trickle..

Haha yeah thanks for all the comments guys, I have no intention of using the garden hose as a deckwash don't worry. I'll do as suggested and use the bottom fitting for my pickup and mount the pump up higher on the battery shelf to keep it nice and dry. Cheers