PDA

View Full Version : What really annoys you when fishing

Benben86
28-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I was off peel the other night and 4 inconsiderate pricks went flying past us flat bicky only 2-3 meters away. Not a huge drama unless your in a little tinny and the other boats are big glass things. We nearly got swamped a couple of times and nearly ended up in the salty a few times. We had our all round white light and all that stuff so I'm sure they saw us. I thought it would be good to get out the things that really annoy us as fisherman and boaties so we can change some bad habits.
Cheers Ben

manboat
28-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Not catching anything after 5 hours

finga
28-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Sounds like you need to take a bright torch to shine/flash at the approaching boats.
They may not have seen you with the background lights......

Benben86
28-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah I will try that. It has got a bright all round light and there were other boats that they were getting too close to. It wasn't deep water so it would make sense to slow down but some people are just in to much of a hurry.

Cheech
28-06-2010, 08:58 AM
People motoring/sounding around going through my burley trail close to where my baits are.

Benben86
28-06-2010, 09:01 AM
People anchoring in your burley trail.

Si
28-06-2010, 09:02 AM
losing nice fish at the boat and getting no fish in the boat.

gr hilly
28-06-2010, 09:05 AM
a good spot light to flash around when a boat comes heading in your direction is a good idea but make sure you dont shine it in the eyes of the other skipper just let them know your there.and the thing i hate when im fishing is when the fish all bite somewhere where else i come in with bugger all and i hear other blokes did ok.

Hilly

BGG
28-06-2010, 09:11 AM
I was at Mud very early Saturday and all was quiet and peaceful until the noise brigade turned up. Letting metres of chain run over the gunwhale of a tinny in shallow water really annoys me. And yes, as soon as the idiots started turning up, the fish started leaving.

Noelm
28-06-2010, 10:15 AM
geees the list would fill a few pages, but a couple of "special ones" when the current and the wind are oposing, people who drive up your burley trail and buzz around for ages, then take a GPS mark and buzz off, people who troll up your burley trail you have setup for hours when gamefishing, and they get a fish 50 yards from you, people who stuff around at the ramp, everyone has to learn, and a new comer I will put up with, or offer help, but an dimwit just p!sses me off, people who catch a bag of all sorts of fish, then get to the ramp and realise what a pain it will be to clean them all, so just chuck them away, people who leave rubbish all over the place, especially the ramp, people who clean out their car in a public place, and just open the door and empty their crap straight onto the ground, this is really the case at Maccas, I think that is enough to give you the idea that I am a whinger most times!

mull dog
28-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Taking 'special' people out with you that talk the talk but walk a different way. You end up tying there knots, dehooking their fish and loading their rigs. They're usually the ones who drop the sinker box, get a hook lodged somewhere painfull and whinge when they come home fishless. Oh and the bluer section of water 100 meters the other way is always where we should be fishing, despite what the sounder says!

two dogs
28-06-2010, 10:25 AM
wind against tide or roaring current out side... i dont mind not catching fish but i cant handle not catching fish while a boat close by using same baits and technique are killing it, has happened a couple of times chasing macs or cobes

Benben86
28-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Taking 'special' people out with you that talk the talk but walk a different way. You end up tying there knots, dehooking their fish and loading their rigs. They're usually the ones who drop the sinker box, get a hook lodged somewhere painfull and whinge when they come home fishless. Oh and the bluer section of water 100 meters the other way is always where we should be fishing, despite what the sounder says!

Thats a good one, i am annoyed by numnuts who think they know everything but know NOTHING!!! Oh and loud stereos, and people who constantly speak, and people who forget to tie the burley bucket to the boat. It has happened and it wasn't me.

therapy
28-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Ball slap on tinny seat's. Salt in my eye's. Weather forecast's of 10knts but it ends up being 25. Fighting a fish for 20 minutes, getting snapped without seeing what the hell it was. Dropping fish boatside. Leaving anchors behind. Knot failure. Re-rigging after snagging the plug. I'm sure there's more but that's a few.

Cheers.....Terry......

richos
28-06-2010, 04:23 PM
boaties and jetskis.. grrr!

Pridey
28-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Boats without motors. We invented them. Use them.. and take of those rediculous sandals! What are you, a rich hurrychrishner ? (sp)

No seriously. People that want to come fishing really badly, and when they do.. Whinge, wont pick up a mullet, wont even pay attention when you're showing them a knot. etc etc Most of all, give you $10 at the end of the day and say thanks mate, lets do it again next week.

My pet hate it seeing crap in the water. Tinnies (actually cans) plastic bags etc. couple of hundred metre bundles of line. Really gets me when its clearly fisher folk doing it to.

Also, it was mentioned before. People that keep it because its sized, no other reason. You ask what it was like, and they turn around and say. "Oh, couldnt be bothered scale/gut etc, so we threw it out."

IVE ACTUALLY HAD THAT WHEN I TOOK SOMEONE OUT AND THEY TOOK THEIR SHARE OF 4 MUD CRABS !!!!!!!!!

Needless to say they got a stern talking too.

PinHead
28-06-2010, 04:52 PM
people that offer money for the trip after you already told them from the start that you did not want any.

Other than that..NOTHING.
you want to drive close by..I don't care
you want to drive your jet ski..I don't care
you want to make a lot of noise..I don't care
you want to catch snapper..i don't care.

I go on the water to relax..anyone that does find the switch to really aggravate my relaxation better have good health cover..nothing worries me when I go fishing...too many other stresses in life thanks.

Bazzawookooka
28-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Other than the slapping noise that echoes from your ali hull, my pet hates are expressed through my "Rules for the Boat".

In order, they are:

1. Don't put the skipper in the pi$$
2. Tell the skipper if you feel uncomfortable in the boat, and
3. Don't bang snapper leads against my painted hull.

These three give me all the perspective I need (I think!!!)

Cheers,

Steve

Damned67
28-06-2010, 09:42 PM
I love it when you're repeating a drift line over and over because it's being successful for you. Then the other boats anchored nearby, not catching anything, notice and decide they need to move and anchor directly in your drift... while your drifting towards them... 30m away....
That one is probably my pet hate, and I can expect it to happen every single time I fish at Harry's.... (it comes with the territory, I guess)

hodges4
29-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Should have been here yesterday

Lovey80
29-06-2010, 07:29 AM
I love it when you're repeating a drift line over and over because it's being successful for you. Then the other boats anchored nearby, not catching anything, notice and decide they need to move and anchor directly in your drift... while your drifting towards them... 30m away....
That one is probably my pet hate, and I can expect it to happen every single time I fish at Harry's.... (it comes with the territory, I guess)

Some pretty good ones already but this one would have to be my biggest of all. It sits besd anchoring in someones burly trail and should not be tollerated.

finga
29-06-2010, 07:53 AM
I'm annoyed when I have to buy the paddle pops on the way home and I seem to have to do it all the time.

How many have that as a "gone fishing" rule?? ie first legal fish buys the paddle pops.
Sad bit is I fish a lot solo and still have to abide by the rules ;D

And then I'm annoyed when I get home and have chicken for tea when there's fresh fish on offer.
Well not really annoyed because I'll have them the next day and I reckon they taste better the next day....but gees I look forward to fish for tea after going fishing :)

URAGANGI
29-06-2010, 10:23 AM
You've found a quiet creek too fish in. This spot seem's to be working really well.
You're solo in a beautifull location, nature is abundance , you've now become part of the scenery Till......TILL....AHHH!!!

The sound of at least 20 , yes 20 friggin Jet Ski's are headed in your direction. Your heart picks up pace your mouth is as dry as. Yep your primed and ready for the occasion.

You stand arms folded waiting for the S.C.P's (small cock pilot's) to arrive at the creek mouth in number's and with NO reduction in speed as they approach your spot.

The team leader spot's you. He raises his hand to the other's. At least 30knot's comes down around to 10knots, Yes I was amazed that they slowed down. That was good, but this is bad.

You're once quiet and productive spot has now become a rally point for these 20 odd friggin jet ski's. The water is at boiling point with Jet wash, the sound of silence is smashed by the constant stabbing of S.C.P. throttle and you're totally encircled......FRIGGIN FANTASTIC.....!!!

The team leader pull's up broadside and asks, "Got any Mate?" My cold stare of non approval was acknowledge. "Nup you've all fixed that," I answered. My current mood at the time , must've been real easy to read, because all S.C.P's started to jerk and stab their throttels as no one else can..... and dissapeared thank christ!

YOU GOTTA HATE THAT.

Cheer's Gav.

Flex
29-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Towing the boat 400km to the coast, burning $200 of fuel to get there. Put 200l of fuel in the boat+ bait,ice etc. only to have the 5 knot variable wind forecast come up to 15-20 knots and totally ruin everything. Only to then tow 400km home. So I've now spent over $600 for nothing.. Gotta I hate fishing sometimes ::)

I can put up with morons, idiots at the ramp/fishing.

What I hate is a ruined weekend due to crappy weather forecast. Pisses me off so much.

Few weekends ago went to Sykes reef for the night, friday was perfect weather,caught a few fish and pumped for sat session.
sat forecast 10-15 easing in the afternoon. Woke up at 4am to 25knot winds, checked forecast on my phone. 20-25knot winds increasing to 25-30 late in the day..... I almost cried

Scalem
29-06-2010, 10:29 PM
I don't mind people calling me on the mobile phone, in fact most times I appreciate hearing from them BUT how is it that I can almost guarantee when I will get a call when fishing, its usually when I have just hooked a fish, or in the middle of tying a knot, or whinching the boat onto the trailer at the ramp>:(

The other pet hate comes well B4 the actual fishing part. It's the label I give people who express interest in being a deckie for you one day... the label I give them is Gunnas. I am gunna come out with you one day...... They are the ones who seem keen enough, but you always seem to spend a fortune calling them instead of the other way around. CRAP! I am the boat owner, if you want to come out with me, ring me!! But don't tell me work roster or birthday party and then leave it.. until the next time we catch up socially, and if we talk fishing, don't pretend by saying " Mate, we should have a fish one day". Fortunately I have no gripes with anyone on AF, all members I have come to know here are reliably keen. A brother in law .... he's history! No more offers!!

Scalem

Rainbowrunner
30-06-2010, 08:08 AM
people that offer money for the trip after you already told them from the start that you did not want any.

I go on the water to relax..anyone that does find the switch to really aggravate my relaxation better have good health cover..nothing worries me when I go fishing...too many other stresses in life thanks.

couldn't have said it better myself,especially the health cover bit, but yeh it takes a hell of alot to get to that point.

charleville
30-06-2010, 02:07 PM
That other bloke 100 m away catching (my;D ) big fish.

Makka Nick
30-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Going to the effort of getting the boat/gear/bait/burley etc organized the night before, waking up at 3am, launching the boat at 4am, only to have 10 or so VC scream over to your location and anchor 10m away just after sunrise. Happens all the time!

Matthias
30-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Anyone who has a $100 LED headlamp (eye burner) that looks at you and anything else that moves within a 100m radius. People should have to past an idiot test to be able to use one of those things- they are damn lethal.

Cheers
Pete

bagdout
30-06-2010, 04:19 PM
hooking a monster jack only to find your mate didnt bring the net then loosing it at the boat. that was a couple years back and i still have nightmares. havent caught one since....:'(

odes20
30-06-2010, 11:15 PM

Jingo Pinhead! People offering to pay annoy you?
I think a lot of other boaties would fing the opposite annoying, like those who assume you are payin the trip as the provider of all, or those who forget to contribute and you have to feel bad about chasing them up!

odes20
30-06-2010, 11:21 PM
One great hate of mine is Suncreen sweating or getting blown off your forehead into you eyes when under way. Stings like crazy - Hate it really!!

John

marto78
01-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Nothing annoys me more then sticking your hands over the side of the boat to wash off all the bait and gunk and getting a broken blue bottle tentacle wrapped around your hand.

aussiefool
01-07-2010, 08:40 AM
What I hate is when fishing at Hasting's For tailor and the hero's that stand on the top waiting for you to start catching them, and before you have the first one in they start tossing out over your line. Come on if you want to catch fish come on down and join me and put the hard yards in first.

Jackinthebox
01-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Having to lift a heavy esky full of fish out of the boat at the end of the day:P.

Seriously though ... people anchoring in your drift line and jet skis are the top of my list but another one has popped up in recent years ... it's spending time rigging them up, providing gear & tackle, untangling their lines, dispatching & icing down their fish, prepping bait & burley and cleaning fish for gumby deckies who should know better by now. Then they have the cheek to skite about how they caught more fish than you (whilst you were doing everything for them)

I have now given them an ultimatum, get your own knife & gear, start doing what I have shown you for yourselves or take a hike!

I thought fishing was supposed to be relaxing. :)

four_button_arnie
01-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Having a deckie who pulls up the anchor and then lets the chain/anchor hit the side of your glass boat! (mind you they are getting much better now) Oh and the ones who throw there filthy cigarette butts into the water.

Forgetting to put sunscreen everywhere and get home to find one part of you bright red>:(

oh oh oh and the smell of squid juice that stuff in rancid, especially when SOMEone spills the bucket the squid are in and it goes into the carpet....
________
Gay Tube (http://www.####tube.com/categories/22/gay/videos/1)

dreemon
01-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Because I've just given up the smokes, theres not alot that doesn't annoy me atm, everything is ten times worse but getting through it.

on the water the one big thing that shytes me is when other boats look like they're heading strait at you as if your not there or traveling on the wrong side and not knowing to keep left.

Cheers ;D

devocean
01-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Old Fishermen from Victoria that turn up in Bowen every year in June / July. They fillet thier fish whilst they leave their boats and cars on the ramp, use foul language with kids around whilst doing it, take 20 spotted mackerel home every trip, and leave fish frames on the ground when they are finished.
I am not a predjudice guy but I have not a good one yet in ten years.

Sea-Dog
01-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Because I've just given up the smokes, theres not alot that doesn't annoy me atm, everything is ten times worse but getting through it.

on the water the one big thing that shytes me is when other boats look like they're heading strait at you as if your not there or traveling on the wrong side and not knowing to keep left.

Cheers ;D

You're taking the p!ss I hope :anxious:

Lancair
01-07-2010, 05:57 PM

Cheers ;D

Sorry, Im confused.
Maybe Im wrong and have been a lot in the years Ive been boating but keep left ?? I always thought the rule was to pass boats heading basically head on, port to port. So you aleter course to the right so the boat passes on your left/port side.

Its one of the things that really pisses me off, having to take action at the last minute to avoid a colision because people dont bother to learn the rules properly. As well d,heads that dont bother putting any lights on at night.

tunaticer
01-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Above everything else the thing that shits me completely is when i take a female (wife or daughter) fishing in the boat and they decide after anh hour in the boat that they are going to the myer sales that start in an hour or so. Tell you what, if they had balls i would king hit the shits and throw them overboard. Plan a full day on the water targetting decent fish and prepared to put the time and effort in and the female factor screws it up for a sale.
Stay at home women and do your sales, do not come out for a day in the boat on sales days.

trymyluck
01-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Above everything else the thing that shits me completely is when i take a female (wife or daughter) fishing in the boat and they decide after anh hour in the boat that they are going to the myer sales that start in an hour or so. Tell you what, if they had balls i would king hit the shits and throw them overboard. Plan a full day on the water targetting decent fish and prepared to put the time and effort in and the female factor screws it up for a sale.
Stay at home women and do your sales, do not come out for a day in the boat on sales days.

Or come on we have to get home so we can tuck the nags away for the night, doesn't seem to go so well when you say fu@# em they'll be right.....;D

chiefsimo
01-07-2010, 09:58 PM
all of the above plus...

1. People who stare at you when you are in the boat - this is one i have noticed a lot from land based fisho's - always watching you like u are taking their fish or something. Its weird.

2. Landbased fisho's trying to cast as far out as possible - boat based fisho's casting as close to the bank as possible.

URAGANGI
01-07-2010, 10:24 PM

Jack they carn't help themselves, they are hard wired that way. Have you seen a lady take a nature call over the side, while outside, with a decent fish on at the same time. Very interesting indeed. That's why I married her.8-)

Cheer's Gav.

redjetskirider
01-07-2010, 10:25 PM
It's only 5% of the jet ski population that giv us a bad name..... Me and all the guys I ride with respect fishermen and keep a good distance away..... There's always the small few that giv the rest a bad name no matter what activity u r into......

URAGANGI
01-07-2010, 10:43 PM
It's only 5% of the jet ski population that giv us a bad name..... Me and all the guys I ride with respect fishermen and keep a good distance away..... There's always the small few that giv the rest a bad name no matter what activity u r into......

Yes valid point, grasshopper, there will always be the ones that follow rules and the ones that don't. You my friend may be in that so called 95% that do pay heed to other craft and more the point other peoples safety.

It's just a sad fact of human nature that you tend too remember the pricks the most. So that calc's out that the rest must be 5% (S.C.P's) that don't heed the rule's or give A ........ for anyone else.

To the 95% percenter's I salute you, nice effort and I hope it grow's.

Cheer's Gav.

Redjetskirider send me a P.M it's all good I'll tell you a story of why!

Benben86
01-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah I would say more than 5 percent. You ever been to somerset???

redjetskirider
01-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah I would say more than 5 percent. You ever been to somerset???

Yeh I've bin abit but there is to many d***heads in that dam for me....

Benben86
02-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Yeh I've bin abit but there is to many d***heads in that dam for me....

My point exactly, d###heads on jetskis

dreemon
02-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Lancair and Sea Dog, My bad for not re-reading what I wrote before I sent it in.
Port to port YES:D thats what I meant ,

Sorry about that, god I feel like the ######## now:P

Prowl n Wolf
02-07-2010, 04:10 PM
pet hate has to be putting the pots/dillies out before a day off shore only to come back and find not only have they been raided/stolen but they send a text telling you how they enjoyed your crabs! [last time i leave mobile phone number on id card] also land based fishos who think because there are dual boatramps they will set up fishing on one and not just a rod in hand, deck chairs,eskys even a baby in a pram! oblivious there are 2-3 boats waiting to come in & same trying to launch.

Tangles
02-07-2010, 05:13 PM
I dont take it too seriously as i am there to relax but:

Me: dropping a pea sinker down the hole of a rod-holder on a mates boat.. annoyed the hell out of me but i did manage to finally get it much to my mates amusement, but i wasnt going to have that rolling around for the next year or so.

Having everything prepared, rigged up ready to go and somehow getting an improbable tangle so mate gets in the water first? how did he do that? or how did i do that?

Trying to backtrack to find that good show you passed over and going around in circles never finding it again

Being out in the bay in the tinny constantly being rained on when there is blue sky all around me, towards whichever blue patch i charged too, the rain followed.

Taking a leak over the side and the rod goes off.

finga
02-07-2010, 06:16 PM
pet hate has to be putting the pots/dillies out before a day off shore only to come back and find not only have they been raided/stolen but they send a text telling you how they enjoyed your crabs!
Did you reply??
Did their phone number show??
I would have shown the coppers. They can trace it back if they want and I reckon coppers on the Bayside would see red at robbed pots.

They left us a dirty nappy once.

snapperdan
02-07-2010, 06:18 PM
When your brother refuses to learn to tie leaders on the braid. When your brother decides to have a drink with his mates on the boat and leaves all the mess behind. When your brother uses my boat / fishing licence and gets fines in my name. When your brother smashes the front of your boat into a wharf and tells you that its all cool thats the way your supposed to do it. When your brother leaves the live bait in the bait well after he has used the boat. When your brother leaves the out board down on the mooring when i am away. Any time in summer when my brother uses the boat. When your brother looses $2000 worth of rods and reels and tackle because he thinks it is faster to load 2 people plus all the gear onto the kayak instead of going out by him self and bringing the boat into the wharf (by banging into it bow first) and then refusing to pay up as it was an "accident".

cobiaman
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
When your brother refuses to learn to tie leaders on the braid. When your brother decides to have a drink with his mates on the boat and leaves all the mess behind. When your brother uses my boat / fishing licence and gets fines in my name. When your brother smashes the front of your boat into a wharf and tells you that its all cool thats the way your supposed to do it. When your brother leaves the live bait in the bait well after he has used the boat. When your brother leaves the out board down on the mooring when i am away. Any time in summer when my brother uses the boat. When your brother looses $2000 worth of rods and reels and tackle because he thinks it is faster to load 2 people plus all the gear onto the kayak instead of going out by him self and bringing the boat into the wharf (by banging into it bow first) and then refusing to pay up as it was an "accident".

you need to stop lending your boat to your brother...

Benben86
02-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Just say NO!

Lovey80
02-07-2010, 07:02 PM
you need to stop lending your boat to your brother...

+1

I would like to invert that statement about the Jet Skiers. About 95% are annoying and 5% are considerate in my experiences. Also wether its legal to or not but flogging a Jet Ski up and down small creeks can't be good for the mangroves and the foreshore.

No lights at night really pisses me off too

Cheers

Chris

finga
02-07-2010, 08:19 PM
I think some of you fella's need some of my 'happy' pills.
They're why I'm always calm and sedate.......and happy

http://keithlipke.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/high-school-student-smiley.jpg

URAGANGI
02-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Go the Gingseng Root can't beat it.

deepfried
02-07-2010, 09:27 PM
1. crowds
2. fish left on the rocks to die because they aren't ; edible / bream, flathead etc / legal or whatever reason those morons leave a fish to die for no reason
3. rubbish left behind by others
4. rain

Si
02-07-2010, 09:31 PM
mobile phones!!! i take this particuler mate out alot and his wife rings all the time asking when he is going to be home, shortening my fishing time. drives me up the wall.

i take my mobile out with me for safety reasons but wont answer it or call anyone.

castlemaine
02-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Holidays, less than 10 knots, almanic says it's good, whole family available to go for a fish, tide is perfect for Spot X.

Head out there and, and, and another boat is parked on Spot X ... exactly on Spot X. Why was he there? How did he know? Catching my fish!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!8-)

(Ps - Moved to Spot XY and did better)

Gon Fishun
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Jet skies >:(>:(>:(>:(

BilgeBoy
02-07-2010, 11:00 PM
what gets me going;

a. Muppets in big Cruisers who think that the bigger the boat the less they have to care about everyone else.
b. The goose who invented plastics...Ya got me good...hundreds later and back to bait I go....OK where are the camera's!!!
c. Oh...and why does everything I touch with sunscreen turn white...what's that about??
d. last but not least.....LATE DECKIES! anything more than 15 minutes and you should get a 3 month Bunnings ban.

Regards

BilgeBoy

Damned67
02-07-2010, 11:24 PM
+1

I would like to invert that statement about the Jet Skiers. About 95% are annoying and 5% are considerate in my experiences. Also wether its legal to or not but flogging a Jet Ski up and down small creeks can't be good for the mangroves and the foreshore.

No lights at night really pisses me off too

Cheers

Chris

I'd hate to piss off the 5% of decent ones, but I'd have to agree with this statement. Before the boat, my son and I used to always fish in Tingalpa Creek out of our canoe. And one of the only jet skis that EVER slowed down coming past us was what I assume was a mother and her 10 or so year old son. They slowed down enough (and passed close enough) for us to clearly hear the 'son' ask why they slowed down.. to which the 'mother' replied "because of these people fishing.... but they shouldn't be fishing there...."
Don't get me wrong, it was awesome, and quite unusual that they slowed down, but for the mum to say that??? Can't help but to think of how the future jet skier will treat fishermen later.... Plus, so much of that area in Tingalpa creek is a 6 kt zone... which apparently only applies to canoers and kayakers..... but that's a whole other complaint!

Lancair
03-07-2010, 08:46 AM
People who dont seem to have any freekin clue at just how fast 4 knots is ? Ive been in a creek at night, with my lights on when I heard an outboard, next thing this little tinny flashed by about 2m behind me, no lights and doing about 25kts. WTF?

Or if an area is signposted NO WASH ZONE and they cruise by at about 2kts below planning speeds, creating a wash big enough to surf. A NO WASH zone isnt for safety reasons morons, its for minimising erosion to sensitive mangroves etc.

Steeler
03-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Generally speaking i find jetski riders tolerable,however down where i am i see some fly up and down cockle creek at the northern end of Lake Macquarie and come within several meters of people trying to retrieve boats in a restricted speed zone. One day some poor bugger is going to get wedged between boat and trailer,so if any of those types are on here grow a brain and give yourself an uppercut.

Steeler

webby
03-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Deckies that dont supply the rumbos

TheGurn
03-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Deckies cutting up the best, freshest bait for burley and leaving the rest of the bait out in the sun.
Deckies throwing handfuls of burley into the wind so most of it comes back on board
Deckies who've been giving up smoking for as long as I can remember, bumming smokes all day
Deckies who can't sit still for more than one minute
Deckies who go offshore with whiting gear and tackle and then get all my stuff snagged on the bottom
Deckies who have more lines in the water than they can possibly manage

Deckies that generally give me the irrates just by being there, but manage to catch the most / biggest fish

Me, for thoroughy enjoying their company and dimwitted antics

mitchdemeanor
04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
drifting through my burley trail, now i dont mind those boaties that like to do the drifting and moving around a bit, but when i have found a spot that dont interfere with their style of fishing to anchor and do my more relaxed style of fishing dont decide to move in front of me and plan a drift to go right next to me. Firstly it breaks up my relaxation time because i'm busy watching to see if they are going to run into me and second it's MY burley trail for MY fair share of the fish. Show some respect and stay out of my face until i leave, you wouldnt stand so close to hold my hand when i'm fishing onshore so dont do it when i'm offshore!

rabbi
05-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Hey guys,
Mine is, getting buzzed by a local pro in his boat while I fish one of my spots.

Hopefully he is still untangling braid from around his prop shaft after taking my lure. not the first time either.

rabbi
06-07-2010, 09:33 AM
The f#%#@* did it again this morning, Geez.
The whole river entrance and he has to come and buzz me!!
Should put a Moari curse on him.

Sea-Dog
06-07-2010, 08:30 PM
The f#%#@* did it again this morning, Geez.
The whole river entrance and he has to come and buzz me!!
Should put a Moari curse on him.

You should start using wire trace - that might just get wound around the prop shaft and introduce itself to the delicate seals that keep the oil in and the water out.

pescados
07-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Idiots chucking their crab nets out for 7-8 metres with a big splash and then finishing up with the net below them.

Geoff-
07-07-2010, 06:44 PM
You should start using wire trace - that might just get wound around the prop shaft and introduce itself to the delicate seals that keep the oil in and the water out.

+1. make sure one of your rods is spooled with piano wire. he'll only make that mistake one more time!

thelump
09-07-2010, 12:41 PM
People fishing off ramp pontoons and looking at you like you have 8 heads when you ask them politely to wind in.
Same people looking at you like you have 8 heads when your patience runs out and you run over their lines and tell them to %^$#*off.
Same people who tell you to watch out my line is there (see point 2)

TheFishRaider
09-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Theres two things for me wind when fishing and idiots that fly past 1m behind you get line wrapped around their propeler and take all ur line!!!

onerabbit
09-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey guys,
Mine is, getting buzzed by a local pro in his boat while I fish one of my spots.

Hopefully he is still untangling braid from around his prop shaft after taking my lure. not the first time either.

Wouldn't be Paul Porter in Trojan by any chance Uncle Steve?
Couldn't think of a nicer person to give a quantity of braid around the prop.......

What sh!ts me the most?,,,,people who have to ghost you when you are fishing just to get a mark from you, maybe only one that is working on the day.......

Ocean Gypsy.........just wait until I find you at sea again......I dont want YOUR crappy marks, but I'm gonna make you think that I do........

Muzz

jason p
10-07-2010, 12:00 PM
it realy pisses me off when you are in you own little spot of reef not too well know, and some dick trys to anchor next to you and has about three or four attempts, not only scarring the fish but also hooking up on your anchor and steeling ya mark. ##@$%$% heads $$%#$# .:-? >:( ::) :o

jp

rabbi
12-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Hey Muzz,

yeah, thats him.

gunna start throwing sticks at him soon.

Inconsiderate *#$@@^%& **&^&% %$

*&^&&%^^ **&$#@#$@@ ^%$#@@##** &*6%(*&*&&^%$#@#$%^

<$%#@*&^&%%^$%%.

Think I need counselling!! ;)

Uncle Steve.

marto78
12-07-2010, 05:17 PM
The guys in the black tinny yesterday arvo at nudgee who were anchored up at dead low smack bang in the middle of the channel next to the last red marker. There would have been no chance of any fish there with all the boat traffic digging up the sand bar next to them.

topcatch
16-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Simple- JETSKIS

drireech
16-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Bogans who hang around at ramps asking for 'spare' fish, heads or just about anything else they can get their hands on. Ive had one bloke grab a fish off of the cleaning table while cleaning another fish (if I was a second quicker I would have filleted his hand). Also had a kid rummage through my esky and take out a few beers before being caught and then having a go at me for not giving him my fish heads.

dreemon
16-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Bogans who hang around at ramps asking for 'spare' fish, heads or just about anything else they can get their hands on. Ive had one bloke grab a fish off of the cleaning table while cleaning another fish (if I was a second quicker I would have filleted his hand). Also had a kid rummage through my esky and take out a few beers before being caught and then having a go at me for not giving him my fish heads.

LoL ! ! !, so what do these blokes need your fish heads for? and others goin through YOUR esy and trying to pinch ya beers? / fish. that 's not on at all !

where the crap do ya live mate?

as for what annoys me "a little" people pullin up and anchoring nearby and actually thinking I'm sitting on a good spot or as if I know what I'm doin, my stubby holder is in clear veiw :P

Gon Fishun
17-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Fishing line in open cut on finger:'(

BillR1
17-07-2010, 09:40 PM
After a long day fishing, me driving home and everyone else in the car having a nice sleep.
BillR

Benben86
17-07-2010, 10:10 PM
picking up your sandwich and then remembering you forgot to wash your hands after that last pilchard.

FishHunter
23-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Being on my kayak with a fish on and having idiots blatting past 20m away at full tilt quite often over my line.

Sea-Dog
23-07-2010, 08:28 PM
picking up your sandwich and then remembering you forgot to wash your hands after that last pilchard.

Sandwich bags are your answer. They fold over your hand whilst you eat the sanga.

If you get a bite whilst eating, just fold the bag back over the sandwich and drop it somewhere convenient and hook in.

sleepygreg
23-07-2010, 10:52 PM
I wrap my sangas in cling wrap, which also makes a handy holder for em....and when you get a nibble (which is always gauranteed when you open a sanger, crack a drink or light a smoke) its easy to fold it back over and put it down till you take the vermin off the line. Though i am one of those fussy buggers that always has a bucket of freshwater close by with some liquid soap, and those softwipe tissues with the lemon scent to finish it off. I also like to dip my hands in crushed pillies to take the 'human' scent of em before I start cubing for tuna and snaps. So My hands are really gross when it comes to eating time. AND..I reckon the juice from gulps stinks worse than pilles. Always lots of 'fish towels' in my boats/backpacks. Never throw out the old tea towels.....they make great fish towels. (another tip...dont get caught putting them in with the general wash.....your missus will have your guts for garters). And when ya do wash em....use 1/4 the amount of washing powder that you would normally use, add a tablespoon of Bicarb Soda, and put white vinegar in the rinse cycle.....trust me...will come up like new. (works for normal wash as well...but ya wont convince the missus on that one)

Cheers
Greg

Benben86
23-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks fellas didn't realize there was an art to sandwhich eating. Haha. Will do the cling wrap thing but if I had lemon scented handwipes I would cop it real good from my mates.

ShaneC
23-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Dickheads in Quintrexes covered in "sponsors" and Ausfish stickers buzzing you within 5m and pinching your marks..... and not even being sly about it

Captain Jack Zero
24-07-2010, 12:42 AM
finishing.

PinHead
24-07-2010, 05:45 AM

when using chook gut for bait..only take chicken sangas..makes the complete meal..the sanga and the aroma on your hands.

dan12345
28-07-2010, 04:56 PM
1 people at the boat ramp who hold there boat on the ramp while there mate parks the car. when theres a sand bank 10ft away
2people who ask me while im cleaning my catch how i went today
3people who then proceed after sticking there head in my esky to ask where i caught them, an then when i tell them in the ocean become offended, like im going to tell you u muppet

Kero
28-07-2010, 06:18 PM
D!ck heads who feel the need to fly past the boat ramp and create heaps of wash while others are launching or retrieving... and other d!ck heads who launch nice and carefully then blast, full throttle, away from the ramp, spraying others and leaving a tidal wave.>:(

dreemon
28-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Boat ramp wash really is a bad one ! it can be dangerous / damaging and also is illegal, so if you can grab a pick of the pr!cks doin it, report them, I've had my boat swamped and beached from them, just lucky my boat was only on the beach and not halfway on the trailer . got caught off gaurd last time to take the rego down, Next time for sure;D

Camhawk88
28-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Wearing footy shorts and no jocks in a tinny on a hot day and having one drop out onto the red hot seat.

Aahhh the smell of sizzling testicles- brings a tear to the eye:'(

tsea
28-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Palmy when they are on in January. Very entertaining!

TC

Spin Doctor
28-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Weekend warriors stuffing around on boat ramps gas bagging and stuff while you are waiting to launch or retrieve your boat.>:(
Idiots fishing off boat ramps that don't move while your trying to launch or retieve>:(
jet skies.>:(

Benno1
30-07-2010, 10:47 AM
smart assed chauvenistic at the boat ramp...comments about "women reversing anything"..."shouldnt you be at home cooking"etc...with some of the doozys ive heard its no wonder their other halves dont go fishing with them.
Seeing a massive school of spaniards/cobia swimming past and they cant be tempted with ANYTHING.

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

onerabbit
31-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Wearing footy shorts and no jocks in a tinny on a hot day and having one drop out onto the red hot seat.

Aahhh the smell of sizzling testicles- brings a tear to the eye:'(

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Thanks for sharing that Camhawk....laughed so hard that it bought tears to my eyes.......

the scariest thing was that I dont wear jocks either..........

so it could have been ME,,,,,hehehehehe

Muzz

webby nq
01-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Those poaching mother f#*@ers who are just to lazy or stupid to go find there own bloody spots , you know who you are.
And thats the good thing about fibreglass , it dont get that hot so my balls are safe till ya get tail slapped by a 10kg reddy, not good.

stevo
01-08-2010, 03:38 PM
I think as there are members here that have boats and jetskies. Just for being on this site you would expect them to do the rite thing for boats fishing, as i do wheather on ski or in boat. Yes there are alot out there mainly weekend warriors that cause others grief, like. clogging up boat ramps and jetskiers riding to fast and to close which also happens from boats passing. I think you have alot less chance of running into them if you choose wisely. A dam will have more waterskiers and jet skiers on it on the weekend compared to midweek and yes i know we can't all have a midweek trip. So take rego's of boat or ski and report it, but i guess the rest of us are all perfect out on the water??????
stevo

URAGANGI
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Your at your favorite ramp. Have you ever taken the time to notice the discarded crap that's around your feet. I spent just under 15mins doing a quick pick up. I came across all sorts of crap from wasted line crap, broken glass crap, smoke packets crap, plastic bait bags crap, smoke butts crap, plastic bottels crap, rusty hook's double CRAP, food wrappers crap,

Serously people This is CRAP... If it's going with you take it home with you too or give the Crap a new home.... IN THE BIN!

If I've said it once I'll say it again, in that sort time I couldn't get over just how much crap I picked up.

We all want to keep the right's to go out and catch a feed, lets keep a clean ship and pick up some Crap

Defore
10-08-2010, 11:31 AM
When my son caught an undesized tailor that I try to unhook for him and it decides my finger looks tastier than the lure. It was lucky the sizes changed in March. >:(

But what really annoyed me was my son rolling around the bottom of the boat laughing too hard to help stop the bleeding. :-X

Ian

Crunchy
10-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Leaning my 2 month old SP outfit against the side of the boat whilst playing with second outfit, seeing the rod load up big time, make a grab for it..... but too late..... rod and reel over the side and drifting down to the never never. Lot's of swearing:furious2: , histerical laughter :2vrolijk_08: , tears:bigcry: , more swearing:furious2: ..

Always put your rod in the holder dumb arse:wut:

Crunchy
10-08-2010, 12:56 PM
and another.....looking at the deck and seeing $20 worth of gulps with all the tails bitten off.

Scalem
10-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Leaning my 2 month old SP outfit against the side of the boat whilst playing with second outfit, seeing the rod load up big time, make a grab for it..... but too late..... rod and reel over the side and drifting down to the never never. Lot's of swearing:furious2: , histerical laughter :2vrolijk_08: , tears:bigcry: , more swearing:furious2: ..

Only happens to every fisherman once. Especially when it's a custom built rod that I made myself.:'(

Scalem

Damned67
10-08-2010, 10:23 PM

That'll be why I had Viper install 8 rod holders when they built the boat.... then added another 2 on the grab rails (plus three for upright storage mounted to the side pockets when not in use)....!!!

Bob H
12-08-2010, 11:42 AM
where did the 5% come from ? i would reckon at least 75% and thats being kind

PinHead
12-08-2010, 01:01 PM
That'll be why I had Viper install 8 rod holders when they built the boat.... then added another 2 on the grab rails (plus three for upright storage mounted to the side pockets when not in use)....!!!

how many rods do you take on a fishing trip???

TimiBoy
12-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Lifting a big fish and seeing crazing all over the place on the rod, followed by a rifle shot...

Tim

onerabbit
13-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I hear ya Tim,

I lost a very much loved (and used) Butterworth Grunter while trying to get a very big cod off the bottom in deep water,
the sound was amazing when it let go, not to mention the fact that I landed on my butt.

My mate asked me about a half hour later "where is that rod"........

but it had gone swimming.........

Muzz

top_deck69
15-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm with Pinhead on this one.

There’s not alot that annoys me when fishing, The only time I expect a deckie to pay is if they organise the trip and I'm just providing the boat.

Having said that though, they can provide all their own gear / bait and it’s up to them how and if they get a line in the water.

The couple of things that annoy me are

Firstly more than anything else people taking undersize fish. I've seen people take 10-15 cm bream and flathead, WTF are you going to do with a fish that small (unless you’re using the little flathead the catch a BIG flathead).

Secondly d**kheads at the boat ramp. Now I haven't been fishing/Boating that long but a bit of common sense and courtesy goes along way.

On the other note I really like it when old Saltys provide you with some advice on how to do things a bit better or just have a chat whilst you’re rigging your boat up. You can never have to much information.

Though not strictly fishing, The BIGGEST thing that pisses me off is when people ask to go water skiing and they don't have a boat license, so I am stuck towing them around all day. F**king freeloaders I call them............

Cheers
Ben

dreemon
15-08-2010, 01:30 PM
[

Though not strictly fishing, The BIGGEST thing that pisses me off is when people ask to go water skiing and they don't have a boat license, so I am stuck towing them around all day. F**king freeloaders I call them............

Cheers
Ben[/quote]

This is my 3rd boat, I've got a tube, skis,wake style skurfboard and surboards,
and I also wonder what its like having all that fun back there too

marto78
15-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Lifting a big fish and seeing crazing all over the place on the rod, followed by a rifle shot...

Tim

I know what you mean Tim I broke my 3 week old shimano lucanus jig 200 yesterday :'( For the price of it (my most expensive rod to date at $350) I expected it to last a bit longer than two fishing trips :-?

redjetskirider
15-09-2010, 06:31 PM
how many rods do you take on a fishing trip???

Look at the jetskiers causing the problems, keep watchin them and u will notice it's the same few people..... One thing all u guy need to under stand is that wen u anchor in main boating channels lik the seaway u don't help urselfs.... Because once u dodge all the dip shit surfers paddeling across( that u only see at the last minute) there isn't alot of room left..... And most channels r pretty skinny so tryin to dodge u and sand banks isn't goin to please anyone no matter how hard we try.....

The number of jetskis on the water grows bigger everyday so u guys need to get use to it.....

PinHead
15-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Look at the jetskiers causing the problems, keep watchin them and u will notice it's the same few people..... One thing all u guy need to under stand is that wen u anchor in main boating channels lik the seaway u don't help urselfs.... Because once u dodge all the dip shit surfers paddeling across( that u only see at the last minute) there isn't alot of room left..... And most channels r pretty skinny so tryin to dodge u and sand banks isn't goin to please anyone no matter how hard we try.....

The number of jetskis on the water grows bigger everyday so u guys need to get use to it.....

how did I get dragged into the bit about jet skis ?????

Ummmm..is that in English ?

surfers are not dip shits..they have as much right as anyone else to enjoy the waterways. Therein lies a lot of the problem..grouping people together and hence why jetskiers, big boat jockeys and tinny jockeys have all copped crap at times.
It is individuals, and a minor few at that, that create the problems for all.

I have only ever had one problem with a jet skier and he did not like my retort so that was not a problem for me. I enjoy my time on the water and am very tolerant of others that use it also.

redjetskirider
16-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Those surfers are dip shits because they r tryin to cross a main boatin channel wesrin dark coloured wetsuits which are impossible to see until they are rite in front of u..... And if anyone hits them it's the captains fault.... I woodnt hav a problem with them if they made themselves easy see..... I'm not sayin all surfers are just those few....

redjetskirider
16-09-2010, 10:19 AM
And yeh sorry pinhead I hit the wrong quote button.... My bad

PinHead
16-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Those surfers are dip shits because they r tryin to cross a main boatin channel wesrin dark coloured wetsuits which are impossible to see until they are rite in front of u..... And if anyone hits them it's the captains fault.... I woodnt hav a problem with them if they made themselves easy see..... I'm not sayin all surfers are just those few....

well I guess you are right, therefore on that line of thinking..all jet ski riders that pass in front of boats are idiots also. I had one pass about 3 meters in front of me when i was doing about 26 knots, he had been next to me then made a sharp turn across the bow..lose sight of him when driving a 30' boat.
But you know..I don't actually class them all idiots like that..just that one.

if you know there are surfers there then just slow down..really not all that hard to do to traverse that section of waterway..and then you would be operating the vessel in accordance with the rules as to keeping a look out...simple really.

redjetskirider
16-09-2010, 04:58 PM
well I guess you are right, therefore on that line of thinking..all jet ski riders that pass in front of boats are idiots also. I had one pass about 3 meters in front of me when i was doing about 26 knots, he had been next to me then made a sharp turn across the bow..lose sight of him when driving a 30' boat.
But you know..I don't actually class them all idiots like that..just that one.

if you know there are surfers there then just slow down..really not all that hard to do to traverse that section of waterway..and then you would be operating the vessel in accordance with the rules as to keeping a look out...simple really.

Yeh guys doin that is how they get there girl friends run ova......
I follow the rules to the letter.... Because I usually go at the brake of day the surfers are abit harder for me to see....
It aslo isn't hard to wave ur hand at vessells to let them no u are there, or use sum sort of flag device like divers do.....

dreemon
18-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Far out , it's pretty simple ! if you know surfers are in the water ( common ) keep an eye out, if your looking for them there easy to see, they're not there pinching gps marks or hanging around your burly trail , speeding, causing stupid wakes, they don't even kill fish, cut them some slack !

sleepygreg
18-09-2010, 10:57 PM
I think you missed the point everyone was making Dreemon. None of us want to hit a surfer (many of us were, and still are surfers), most of us head out at daybreak or just before, in the worst light conditions you can get. What is being suggested is that surfers try to make themselves more visible if they are in a channel or crossing a bar. I know I have nearly come to grief avoiding a surfer who was crossing a bar in the early hours.....looked like a log in the water at the last minute. Didnt realise it was a surfer until he sat up on his board to look at me trying to straighten the boat and avoid being hit by the next wave. Just asking for some common sense to be used by all parties. And they are not always 'easy to see'.

smashed crabs
18-09-2010, 11:41 PM
I hate pulling up at am empty 5 lane boats ramp and just when your ready to back ya boat down some tool who cant back for shit takes your lane .

Or when you have just had a nice day on the water and one of them mob come up and and say ' hi where just doing a survey on blah blah fish would you mind answering a few questions" only so they can shaft ya way of life.

Fisheries officers who sit on their fat arses chewing on potata chips and slurping back on a poppers instead of doing their job.

Kids on board with bags of chips , more end up on the floor than in their mouths and i always end up slipping on the crap .

Getting slapped in the head by a jumping mullet .

Crocs chewing up me crab pots

Crocs doing cowboys and indians around me tinny at night

Getting into the water just before dark and seeing a 5m croc just after i got back into the boat ( dont ask !)

Mother inlaw that asked for a fresh feed of barra and find out later she feed it to her dogs n cats .

Pricks that run around in stealth mode at night and you nearly slam into them .

Getting yah outboard leg stuck in a poachers net

And the whole state of Victoria , sorry mum

Kearnsy
19-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Anchoring over good looking reef in 50 - 80 mts of water to find the wind direction change just as the anchor hits bottom and blows you off the mark , pike , leatherjackets , sgt bakers ,

HeadBanger
19-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Hate to bring up the jet ski argument again, but I hate the two pr*** that buzz me everytime I'm fishing saltwater creek and shut down the fish for a good half an hour. It even happened when we went out at 5:30am! My mate swears that they follow us everytime we go out, just to buzz us.

Cheers,
Kaidon

35kg jew
19-09-2010, 11:46 AM
spending hours catching live bait waiting for the right tide getting already set my 2 livies out off the beach or rock wall to have a bunch of yobbos rock up and throw there servo pillys straight over my lines tangling my live baits . Than walk down and shine there bloody lights on the water to see if ther is any fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does my head in big time !!! RRRRRRRRRRRRR>:(