PDA

View Full Version : Haines Hunter Seawasp

Kill Bill
27-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I noticed that Haines Hunter have released an updated version of the old Seawasp. I know the original boats are held in hi regard by a lot of bay and estuary fishermen but has anyone here got any personal experience with them? and if so what horsepower would suit?

They seem to be on the money, I found a dealer with one new for just over 5k so im trying to work out what the catch is.

Huey
28-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi, the catch is that just the hull but still great value by the time you fit a new trailer and outboard on them. We sold them thru the 80's and 90's and as it happens have a 1984 model that we sold new that still looks new and this second hand is finding a new home in QLD in the next few weeks. I had about 3 Seawasps groing up around the Hawkesbury and they are hard to beat for ride, safety and stabiliy and I will be getting our first new one in a few weeks and have seen them at the factory and they are great boats and very well priced. Max HP is 30HP and I am fitting a clean tech 25HP on the stock Seawasp with P/T/T and electric start that will push the boat along very nicely and not use alot of fuel doing it.

Cheers,

Huey.