PDA

View Full Version : Haines Hunter 510 Breeze

Terradog
27-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi people,
I am a new fish and am about to buy a good boat for outside fishing and whalewatching, Stay o'night (on a blowup..) inside Moreton I live at Woody Point, I am looking at a 2005 Haines 510 with a 115 Yammie 2st, (98 hours) I have around 30k to spend. Can anyone give me any good info on this setup. I am a qualified Motor Mechanic Diesel and Petrol so it won't take me long to get familiar with a lawnmower engine. Any info will be greatly appreciated........;D ;D cheers Boy's

Timfishin4fun
27-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi mate, welcome to the world of boating.

The haines are a reputable craft for boating. I have a haines 530slc and love the way it handles for it's size.

I had a 140 2stroke yammie on my and was a great engine. Just replaced the donk due to age.

You may find the 510 a bit small for sleeping as I do in mine but I'm 6' 6".

The 510 will be like mine in the fact she will never handle like the bigger boats but thats how we get away with the smaller engines. Pick your weather and it will be great. But have confidence if it blows up it will get you home.

I'm no expert but thats my view, I will be looking at upgrading to a 580 SF in the future. Or something a bit bigger if my funds allow.

There are some guru's on here that should know more about hulls and thier individual charcteristics.

Little bit of a help I hope.

Timbo

champion
27-06-2010, 05:25 PM
hey terradog,cant go wrong with a haines,very seaworthy boat,will handle the bayand offshore no probs even if it blows up,with that size pick ur days,the motor and size boat are a good match,i have a 570sf set up for offshore and overnighters in that price range if ur interested..

boatboy50
27-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey Terra,

I have this one for sale.

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=8827909

Just wanted to make sure you consider it before pulling the trigger.

Call me on 0420 997 499 if you want to know anything about it.

Regards

Darren

Terradog
28-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi Champion, I had a look at the 510 in the next post, on Saturday and it seems a bit small, so I reconfigured my parking space and can now get something larger although for the same price older, it all depends on how much I need to spend to make it comfortable for the Handbrake (wife), toilet/ full camper etc. please send me any info and photos. I am a serious buyer. Ive sent a message to this ad but have had no reply yet http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=8529176 hope to hear from you soon,,Ron

boatboy50
28-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Hey Mate,

Can't PM you as your a new member.

Call me as I may have something for your interest.

Darren