21-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Got my Yak on order going for the Hobie Oasis Tandam :D

Ozie_3
22-06-2010, 12:03 PM
cool :)
theyre great fun

Gigantor
25-06-2010, 08:37 AM
On ya, Sandman. You'll have heaps of fun with that.

I love my Oasis. Great yak.

Cheers,

Pete

Lucky_Phill
27-06-2010, 08:37 PM
I had a go in a Mirage Outfitter the other weekend.

I can see myself getting one of these and hitting the creeks around 1770.

Go the peddle power !!!!

Cheers Phill

LostNearBribie
29-06-2010, 11:00 PM
More yakkers the better mate, doesn't matter what you have.
Enjoy.

Sandman
02-07-2010, 09:31 AM
;D Picking it up the day of the Gympie Rally, Thanks for your advise Pete we are happy with our choice, Going to set up a side stand on the boat aswell so we can transport it out wide . Going to use my old lowrance on it maybe an overkilll , perhaps i should think about that one will post some picks . Phil we should tee up for the rally and go for a test run ?

Mick

Gigantor
06-07-2010, 01:07 PM
On ya, Mick. Drop us some pics when you get it pimped-out. What colour did you go with?

Pete

Sandman
07-07-2010, 01:26 PM
moss mate , will send pics when we get it

mick

Sandman
12-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Pete,
Got our Hobie couldnt be happier Mal from Sunstate Hobie was very helpfull and its good to hear we will see a store closer to Bris soon :) We took it for a quick dip after mucking around with the roof racks in the rain :)
My mate poped down from Hervey Bay to have a look and it appears he maybe looking at a purchase aswell.
After a quick dip in the lake we went home, Day 2 we had it in the noosa river and had a ball , my only issue at the moment is loading the bugger as my back has been giving me some hell for awhile , no issues once i am in the water. Any ideas on easy loading would be great . Oh yeh love the fact i can sneak up very close to wildlife in particular the fish , we sat on top of a flatty for awhile :)

Mick

Gigantor
13-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Mick,

One lifting approach might be (on a grassy area):

(1) Turn it over with bottom facing upward
(2) Start lifting it up for the rear
(3) Dig the nose into the grass and walk your hands down to the middle of the yak then lift over yoyur head.

Pete

Sandman
15-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks Mate will do, will be doing a solo run on Saturday if your around Bris ? will be launching from New Farm as its easy to take it from the gararge down

Mick

PinHead
15-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Gigantor has the right idea ..I lift mine like that or thewife will grab one end to steady it when i have it over my head. BUT..don't try that method on concrete..the bloody end on the deck will slide and next thing ya know you have a bloody cut on your head from where it came down on you..trust me..I know.